Post your latest Purchase

View attachment 20504
airtel xstream fiber + airtel xstream stb.

so far working noice. Also i got this white coloured standing router instead of black one.
Me & my house owner in Bengaluru have asked airtel multi times for a fibre line in our area since 2020, but alas. My house owner ended up getting ACT which is much more expensive, cost is the reason I didn't jump ship yet. Tried excitel but that had higher pings for gaming.

bubusam13

Human
View attachment 20504

so far working noice. Also i got this white coloured standing router instead of black one.

How is this Nokia router ?
I got Tejas Network router TJ2100N and so far I can say I am getting the best range in both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. Before that I used TP-Link Archer C6 and a Dlink prior to that with my ACT connection. And with the TP-Link the signal strength gets significantly lower when there is obstruction.

bubusam13

Human
Me & my house owner in Bengaluru have asked airtel multi times for a fibre line in our area since 2020, but alas. My house owner ended up getting ACT which is much more expensive, cost is the reason I didn't jump ship yet. Tried excitel but that had higher pings for gaming.
Same thing happened to me. I had to move to a society. I have the sales guy number of my area if you need.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Do you get ipv4 or ipv6 or both(open whatismyipaddress.com in browser)?

yes both ipv4 and ipv6 ips are visible On that site.

Yes all tools. Drills, sanders, power saw, welding torch and what not.

for that you need some instructables and youtube channels like hackady, hackster.io, great scott and many other diyers.

How is this Nokia router ?
I got Tejas Network router TJ2100N and so far I can say I am getting the best range in both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. Before that I used TP-Link Archer C6 and a Dlink prior to that with my ACT connection. And with the TP-Link the signal strength gets significantly lower when there is obstruction.

that nokia router is pretty good. It is a combination of router and modem. Its web console is also nice, tells everything from system temps to voice time etc. The signal strength is ok, it reaches two rooms that are far and separated by a wall.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.

in my society they are demolishing old copper and giving upgrade to fiber for free too, if customers purchases 3 months pack.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
I am stuck with 40 mbps and Huawei router as airtel is saying my region doesn't support 100 mbps and over plans since 2018. If I leave airtel I'll have to go for jio coz other internet providers won't provide landline phone. That is the reason haven't switched to spectranet or act.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Purchased retail license of Windows 10 Home for ₹10,379/- for my desktop. Prices are up. Last time I checked a month ago it was 9500/-.

Now I have two licenses one for Laptop which came with a Win7 OEM & the other my newly upgraded desktop setup.

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210624/63655f61abd3dc5433e0df1b5824688c.jpg

bubusam13

Human
Purchased retail license of Windows 10 Home for ₹10,379/- for my desktop. Prices are up. Last time I checked a month ago it was 9500/-.

Now I have two licenses one for Laptop which came with a Win7 OEM & the other my newly upgraded desktop setup.

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210624/63655f61abd3dc5433e0df1b5824688c.jpg
Congratulations. I didn't know it cost so much.

I have licenses. I can offer at a min price. I got them legally (no piracy) :smile: .

Nerevarine

Incarnate
View attachment 20504

Its the same router they are giving with Tata sky broadband, best router I ever had. USB ports, gigabit ethernet, 5 ghz band, good range.. Only con was gpon software page was buggy af. The guy who made the no-ip ddns implementation fucked up a critical feature. Not sure if it applies to airtel firmware.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Its the same router they are giving with Tata sky broadband, best router I ever had. USB ports, gigabit ethernet, 5 ghz band, good range.. Only con was gpon software page was buggy af. The guy who made the no-ip ddns implementation fucked up a critical feature. Not sure if it applies to airtel firmware.

Yes, the gpon page is shit on it. Just changing a password was so laggy.

But at least it has more features than some of the cheap dlink offerings.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
*www.amazon.in/dp/B094NL9YZ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_KCMFADJ9YPN3FYNENPK2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I got this splitter for tv. Now this hasnt hasn't come with a cable so please suggest me a hdmi cable as well from amazon.
The setup will be cable in tv hdmi >this splitter hdmi in>firestick in hdmi out 1> stb in hdmi out 2.(stb has its own hdmi cable so now need one I can put in tv)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
*www.amazon.in/dp/B094NL9YZ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_KCMFADJ9YPN3FYNENPK2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I got this splitter for tv. Now this hasnt hasn't come with a cable so please suggest me a hdmi cable as well from amazon.
The setup will be cable in tv hdmi >this splitter hdmi in>firestick in hdmi out 1> stb in hdmi out 2.(stb has its own hdmi cable so now need one I can put in tv)
You sure this is the one for your case. Based on the description, with this you can give only one input which is (Firestick or STB) and take 4 out to different display where all are just the same screen (assuming if you're watching Star Movies using STB all the four displays will be playing Star Movies). Check again, if it's within return window you can do it if it's the wrong item.

Sorry if I wrongly understood the product description.

Amazon basics one should do

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
So it's not the one for my use case then? It is in return window, it just came in yesterday and has 10 day return.
What splitter should I go for then? I don't want it to be shitty quality that breaks down in months due to constant plugging and unplugging.
Will a tv normally show multiple hdmi ports when connected to a splitter even though the tv itself has only one port?
And I am not sure if my tv has hdmi 1.4 or older so suggest accordingly if 1.4 based units will not work.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Will a tv normally show multiple hdmi ports when connected to a splitter even though the tv itself has only one port?

No, as it is programmed with 1 HDMi so it will not identify
And I am not sure if my tv has hdmi 1.4 or older so suggest accordingly

Don't worry, HDMI is backwards compatible. I am able to use HDMI 2.0 devices with HDMI 1.2

The one you ordered is for mirroring a single HDMI output to 4 HDMI monitors.

Useful if you have one device but want to play it on 4 monitor.

What you need is something like this
*www.amazon.in/dp/B083GZHWKC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_S418DZWWDGDN9QKRXJHX

It takes 3 input and has a switch on it to switch to respective input and convert it to a single output.

You will need to switch from the adopter though.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
*www.amazon.in/dp/B08W56FGCL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_4RWT9V2YHMBWQAVM0KJ7
Cool I found this. There are so many of them with differnt brand names are these reliable.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Its called a (KVM) Switch, not a splitter!!!!

Amazon basics one is double the cost of cheaper ones but I guess would be reliable. You can go for a cheaper one that has good reviews. Be wary of fake reviews.

Top Bottom