Post your latest Purchase

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys, any opinions on ICICI Platinum vs Amazon Pay Credit Card ? Any known issues you have faced in Amazon Pay credit card?
All ICICI credit cards are pretty much useless except amazonpay card but many sites nowadays have started excluding amazonpay card from icici card offers so having a regular icici card other than amazonpay card is required nowadays. Also a sureshot way to get amazonpay card(only way if you don't live in 1 of the 35/36 cities list which amazonpay card mention as serviceable cities) is generating it instantly in amazon app on the basis of your existing icici non-fd based credit card(should be at least a few months old).

Earlier getting this card was very difficult because of the heavy misuse of the loophole where people were getting 5% cashback for amazon GV purchase on amazon(it is supposed to be 2%) so having an official email id(like xyz@company) became must or having a very good existing relationship with icici. Nowadays after icici closed that 5% loophole its popularity has gone down considerably which in turn has made getting this card easier. Also make sure to apply within amazon app instead of applying directly on icici site which has much lower approval rate.
@omega44-xt

All ICICI credit cards are pretty much useless except amazonpay card but many sites nowadays have started excluding amazonpay card from icici card offers so having a regular icici card other than amazonpay card is required nowadays. Also a sureshot way to get amazonpay card(only way if you don't live in 1 of the 35/36 cities list which amazonpay card mention as serviceable cities) is generating it instantly in amazon app on the basis of your existing icici non-fd based credit card(should be at least a few months old).

Earlier getting this card was very difficult because of the heavy misuse of the loophole where people were getting 5% cashback for amazon GV purchase on amazon(it is supposed to be 2%) so having an official email id(like xyz@company) became must or having a very good existing relationship with icici. Nowadays after icici closed that 5% loophole its popularity has gone down considerably which in turn has made getting this card easier. Also make sure to apply within amazon app instead of applying directly on icici site which has much lower approval rate.
@omega44-xt
Me, my father & my friend applied via amazon app only. Apparently having a relation with ICICI is the key, so I'm thinking of opening a savings account there & maybe close my HDFC one. As I said, my friend did get amazon CC after using ICICI plat CC for a few months.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
If I create a dedicated thread for credit card discussion, will it attract more spammers??
If no, then I will create a thread and we can discuss there. I have few more queries and don't want to go too much off topic in this thread.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I create a dedicated thread for credit card discussion, will it attract more spammers??
If no, then I will create a thread and we can discuss there. I have few more queries and don't want to go too much off topic in this thread.
I will create a separate thread for this, wait a few hours.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/credit-card-discussion-thread.209749/
@omega44-xt @SaiyanGoku @Desmond David @Nerevarine @theterminator @$hadow @quicky008 @pkkumarcool @RumbaMon19 @007 @kaz @Cyberghost @Extreme Gamer @Vyom @kg11sgbg @khalil1210 @aby geek

bubusam13

Human
20210610_153554.jpg
20210610_153546.jpg

bubusam13

Human
This purchase is to speed up my FX6300 desktop. Few days back I upgraded the RAM with noticable difference in performance. I hope the SSD will provide the remaining boost.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
This purchase is to speed up my FX6300 desktop. Few days back I upgraded the RAM with noticable difference in performance. I hope the SSD will provide the remaining boost.

It’s surely will as ssd is a must for win 10.How much you got it for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bubusam13

Human
I got it for 6k excluding 5k coupon I got from my office and 299 cashback. Actual price was Rs 11299.

Should I partition my NVME SSD ? If anyone can answer please.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got it for 6k excluding 5k coupon I got from my office and 299 cashback. Actual price was Rs 11299.

Depends on your usage, I personally suggest using just 2 partitions on an OS drive, one for C drive & other for documents/downloads etc so it is easier to take a system image backup of C drive.

I use 2 partitions on my primary SSD, as I prefer to keep Win10 in a separate partition which I can format to reinstall OS, if required.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@whitestar_999 @omega44-xt Thank you for your suggestions. I created two partitions.

Is there any way I can put AppData directory to a different partition ? Also, where you put the page file, in SSD or HDD ?
Page file is always to be put in ssd, it acts as temporary ram & ram speeds are much higher than hdd so having page file on ssd compensates for hdd slow read write speeds even if still it is slower than ram speeds.

You can move the app data directory to a different partition using symbolic link as suggested by @Nerevarine above but in my experience with win 10 so far it is not worth creating chances for a potential messy future conflict just for the sake of saving a few dozen GBs on a 1TB drive(if your app data folder needs more than that then it is irrelevant where you keep your app data folder anyway).
*superuser.com/questions/1250288/can-i-move-my-appdata-folder-in-windows-10

bubusam13

Human
The upgrade is amazing. My PC is just taking seconds to boot now. Lightroom and PS are running butter smooth.

I am not getting the advertised speed in bench-marking though. Is it because I am using an old mobo and processor ? I am using Gigabyte gaming 970 mobo with FX6300.

Last edited:
The upgrade is amazing. My PC is just taking seconds to boot now. Lightroom and PS are running butter smooth.

I am not getting the advertised speed in bench-marking though. Is it because I am in an old mobo and processor ? I am using Gigabyte gaming 970 momo with FX6300.
Yes, your mobo is too old. Your mobo supports "PCIe Gen2 x2" whereas that SSD is PCIe Gen3 x4.

Top Bottom