Post your latest Purchase

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
my system got infected twice while i was testing the free version of KAV on another secondary pc-i needed to use hitman pro to remove the malware,KAV couldnt detect it despite the fact that its supposedly a highly rated av product.
Try avira free version for few weeks.

Killing Machine
Which card do you use to pay for these international sites as you buy from them frequently and what's the conversion rate like?
I use either PayPal or Citibank.
PayPal converts in INR and charges in INR to your card inclusive of all conversion charges. For a USD transaction last week, it came to about ₹3.88/USD extra. (final value around ₹80.20 for $1)
In case of banks, they will have their own forex daily rates + 3.50% markup fee + 18% GST on markup fee. But overall it would come lesser than PayPal rates. However, I still prefer to use PayPal wherever I can to avoid entering CC details in international sites.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
PayPal converts in INR and charges in INR to your card inclusive of all conversion charges. For a USD transaction last week, it came to about ₹3.88/USD extra. (final value around ₹80.20 for $1)
In case of banks, they will have their own forex daily rates + 3.50% markup fee + 18% GST on markup fee. But overall it would come lesser than PayPal rates. However, I still prefer to use PayPal wherever I can to avoid entering CC details in international sites.
Try the "view conversion option" at paypal payment screen to convert amount to original foreign currency from default INR shown & you will save a few more rupees.:)
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/howto-save-some-money-when-using-paypal.205761/post-2364313

quicky008

Technomancer
used avira earlier but in the free version its web protection module is disabled-it means it may not be able to effectively safeguard a system from threats one might encounter while web browsing etc.

also it installs a lot of unnecessary bloatware like avira vpn and so on which is just annoying.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
used avira earlier but in the free version its web protection module is disabled-it means it may not be able to effectively safeguard a system from threats one might encounter while web browsing etc.

also it installs a lot of unnecessary bloatware like avira vpn and so on which is just annoying.
You can install free avira browser safety addon, also use avira offline installer or select custom install to only install AV module.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Many users are praising this card
*campaigns.goniyo.com/LP_referral/?utm_source=niyo-global-app&avclk=1f3x41-kausher&rnd=433962931
Edit- Whether it can be used for online shopping or not on international sites is not mentioned on that site.

Killing Machine
Try the "view conversion option" at paypal payment screen to convert amount to original foreign currency from default INR shown & you will save a few more rupees.:)
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/howto-save-some-money-when-using-paypal.205761/post-2364313
Ohh.. I did not know this. I assumed that link is for some currency calculation and never bothered to click that link!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
IMG-2686 - Copy.jpg

Bought these few months back.

Top Bottom