Post your latest Purchase

TheSloth

The Slowest One
No customs (depends on custom office but small items aren't charged generally)
No delivery charge
ED9 was $12, I had a coupon of $3 and for ZSE, it was just $2 on promotion. Total 12-3+2 = $11.

I kept tracking it on India Post and reached nearby post office to collect it myself. China Post small packet ones will not be tracked though.

Like I said, ED9 is close to SM E10c. I've been using ED9 for ~20 days now and I haven't missed E10c during that time. ZSE is better than ES18 but I can't compare them with ATE as mine died 2 years ago. They have a great response to EQ settings. The wire quality feels better than ATE and isn't sticky or rubbery like it.
One more question! Do I need to select USD currency while shopping there or I can go ahead with INR? If it is USD then we need PayPal account or something similar to do payment?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
One more question! Do I need to select USD currency while shopping there or I can go ahead with INR? If it is USD then we need PayPal account or something similar to do payment?
Select USD. I didn't face any issues for payment using SBI debit card. The amount quoted in INR is bit higher as compared to converted USD price (actually paid).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Paid 739.18 for $10.09 transaction. IIRC, when I checked, it was ~760 if INR was selected as the currency.
That's approx 3.5% charge on the USD amount as per today's conversion rate.When a person from India uses a card for foreign online transaction then there are two ways in which transaction can be completed: amount is paid in foreign currency(in which case bank from India levies currency conversion charge of 3.5% on transaction) or amount is paid in INR(site itself convert the amount to be paid in INR so bank from India does not levy any currency conversion charges but site levies charges of their own for processing this conversion of currency). In some cases,Indian banks currency conversion charge of 3.5% may be lower & in some cases it may be higher.e.g.in certain paypal transactions,changing the amount to INR results in slightly lower amount to be paid compared to paying directly in foreign currency using the card linked with paypal account.

kaz

right here
I use Niyo by DCB, it's a prepaid card with zero markup. I also find it secure to use on international sites where OTP is not required as I only transfer the amount I have to spend to this card. It also has the option to lock online/ATM/POS Swipes transactions.
Like all other banks, it takes the price from Visa Exchange Rate which is 40-50paise more than current currency rate. And above all it's a lifetime free card :bananana:

I bought QCY QS2 on 18th Oct worth $18.78 and it charged me ₹1342 and later gave a refund of ₹3 as FX Adjustment. On 15th Oct I made a purchase of $14.29 and I was charged ₹1015.77 and later FX Adjustment of ₹2.44 was charged.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@kaz that's a good card.How much it cost initially(I mean the issuance/joining/annual maintenance fee & what are the conditions(like DCB branch must be there in your city etc)? Also the application asks "whether you travel internationally" so what happens if we select no.

icebags

Technomancer
@whitestar_999 you worry to much :lol: , just go ahead and order something if you need to. if it's not something weird, it will reach you. and yes, bank will charge you 3.5% conversion charge, on whatever the the conversion rate was at that time/day of purchase.

kaz

right here
@kaz that's a good card.How much it cost initially(I mean the issuance/joining/annual maintenance fee & what are the conditions(like DCB branch must be there in your city etc)?
It didn't cost anything and its lifetime free. Don't know if it's available in all cities or not. I applied online and they sent a guy at my office to verify the documents. He gave me the card and a demo on how to use the app. As it's prepaid card they don't do any credit score check.

Also the application asks "whether you travel internationally" so what happens if we select no.
No idea about that.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@whitestar_999 you worry to much :lol: , just go ahead and order something if you need to. if it's not something weird, it will reach you. and yes, bank will charge you 3.5% conversion charge, on whatever the the conversion rate was at that time/day of purchase.
Actually I used to make monthly paypal payments for seedbox using my friend's debit card a year ago though I have never ordered anything physical from abroad.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
It didn't cost anything and its lifetime free. Don't know if it's available in all cities or not. I applied online and they sent a guy at my office to verify the documents. He gave me the card and a demo on how to use the app. As it's prepaid card they don't do any credit score check.

No idea about that.

So as a student can I get this card? What documents did provide?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
So as a student can I get this card? What documents did provide?
I doubt it. For students/persons with no regular income,best option is to get kotak 811(aadhaar+pan & only requirement is presence of kotak bank branch in city of your aadhaar address where you need to do a biometric verification) which is a zero balance account & also works on international sites incl paypal.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
I doubt it. For students/persons with no regular income,best option is to get kotak 811(aadhaar+pan & only requirement is presence of kotak bank branch in city of your aadhaar address where you need to do a biometric verification) which is a zero balance account & also works on international sites incl paypal.

Is kotak 811 a debit or credit card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is kotak 811 a debit or credit card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously debit card,credit card is only issued to those with good/decent credit history(only possible for those already having credit card or already took some loan from bank) or persons with regular income(need salary slips of latest 3 months &/or latest income tax return showing decent/good income). Only other way to get a credit card is by getting it against a fixed deposit which acts as a collateral/guarantee.e.g. SBI Unnati card,Axis Insta card,ICICI FD Xtra card.

Top Bottom