Post your latest Purchase

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven
Hey, maybe you can help me.

In siliguri..
1. Where can I find Original Windows OS?
2. A good shop to buy computer Hardware in Siliguri that has a reasonable pricing? I need to buy CPUs, RAM Sticks, GFx cards, Motherboards, PSUs, HDDs.. All stuff. Latest possible stuff should be available, as I cannot order it and wait for it to arrive some other day.
I stay out of Siliguri and I will go to the shop and buy then and there, cannot return some other day due to distance problem. :(

@tanmoy_siliguri.. can you help me at this?

yahh..Obviously I can help u..but first I want to know from where r u coming ?

Now..
1.You can find a original OS at any reputed shop....like Technocrat,Digitech,Placewell retail..but mainly they are dealing with Ingram Micro..I will give all the address below..
2.Look if u want high-end latest stuff then u have to wait 1/2 days..because they will order to Kolkata..then u will get...mainly in Siliguri Technocrat is the best..u give them the list of things,u want to buy,they will bring it..but if u want to take stuff normally popular in market.then yahh they store everything....u can get at any time..

technocrat ,Siliguri
Apollo Tower,1st floor,Sevok Road
ph=0353-2530162/2530163

Digitech
Hillcart Road,Hotel Vinayak,near Airview more
ph=0353-2433542

Placewell Retail is just beside Digitech..

@tanmoy_Siliguri
yeah man thats true, GTA IV begins that....
but the thing which is 1400 for us is as easy as 100 - 200 for people of US

yahh dude...that is the problem of our Indian currency....if a original game starts from 300/- or something else...why I will buy a pirated one?..thankfully,Rockstar understood that.....thanks...

Last edited:

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
tanmoy_siliguri said:
Thanks. I am from Nepal. I live in a town near border and Siliguri is nearer to me than any big city in Nepal.

tanmoy_siliguri said:
1.You can find a original OS at any reputed shop....like Technocrat,Digitech,Placewell retail..but mainly they are dealing with Ingram Micro..I will give all the address below..
So that means I can buy Windows Vista Original in those shops? Do they store the DVDs at their shops itself?
I did not understand what you meant by 'they are dealing with Ingram Micro'.

tanmoy_siliguri said:
2.Look if u want high-end latest stuff then u have to wait 1/2 days..because they will order to Kolkata..then u will get...mainly in Siliguri Technocrat is the best..u give them the list of things,u want to buy,they will bring it..but if u want to take stuff normally popular in market.then yahh they store everything....u can get at any time..
1. Do the Technorat people give products at good prices?
2. Do I need to give any advance to them for them to order? I am thinking of ordering by phone and then when products arrive, I'll go there to give money and pick up the products.

Do the Technorat People store stuff like..
- Single 2GB DDR2 800Mhz Transcend RAM
- MSI P45 Motherboard
- Geforce 9800GT GFx card
- Intel Core2Duo E7200

- Linksys WiFi Router
- Western Digital 640GB SATA II Hard Disks?

Also DO you know where I can find Apple Macbooks in Siliguri?

Regards,
IronMan.

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven
Thanks. I am from Nepal. I live in a town near border and Siliguri is nearer to me than any big city in Nepal.

So that means I can buy Windows Vista Original in those shops? Do they store the DVDs at their shops itself?
I did not understand what you meant by 'they are dealing with Ingram Micro'.

1. Do the Technorat people give products at good prices?
2. Do I need to give any advance to them for them to order? I am thinking of ordering by phone and then when products arrive, I'll go there to give money and pick up the products.

Do the Technorat People store stuff like..
- Single 2GB DDR2 800Mhz Transcend RAM
- MSI P45 Motherboard
- Geforce 9800GT GFx card
- Intel Core2Duo E7200

- Linksys WiFi Router
- Western Digital 640GB SATA II Hard Disks?

Also DO you know where I can find Apple Macbooks in Siliguri?

Regards,
IronMan.

Sorry yaar....for all those thing u want,u have to order them..& have to wait...2/3 days..becoz ur stuffs are high-end...

no,they dont even store windows vista also..but u can get if u ordered it..

yes,Technorat people give products at good prices...but u have to wait..any shop of Siliguri store this high-end stuff in there shop..

No,I dont know exactly where Apple Macbooks can be found..but I think u can get it from technocrat by ordering...then also u have to order & wait..i am the victim of that boring waiting,thats why i said that...I already order a Coolermaster 500watt & still waiting from 4 days...so,if u are from a place except Kolkata..then u have to & have to order & wait..

I dont know abt ur "phone ordering" matter..better u call Technocrat....

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
@tanmoy_Siliguri
yeah man thats true, GTA IV begins that....
but the thing which is 1400 for us is as easy as 100 - 200 for people of US

No mate, it's actually 40-50 for em! GTA IV is selling for like $49.99 but here in India at sites like nextworld.in sell them for pretty cheap.
But thing is u can always buy things online. In that case u won't have rush to the shops but the product will be delivered to ur place.
U just need to find the right place & hence we have forums.

tkin

Back to school!!

Now..

technocrat ,Siliguri
Apollo Tower,1st floor,Sevok Road
ph=0353-2530162/2530163

Digitech
Hillcart Road,Hotel Vinayak,near Airview more
ph=0353-2433542

Placewell Retail is just beside Digitech..

yahh dude...that is the problem of our Indian currency....if a original game starts from 300/- or something else...why I will buy a pirated one?..thankfully,Rockstar understood that.....thanks...
But still, paying 1k for a game that might not last more than few days is just too much, developers must understand this, even hollywood movies cost a lot less here, unless they decrease the price piracy will rule in India. I can buy a game that cost say 500/-(GTAIV) but 1.5k for games like gears of war is way too much, microsoft understood that and lowered price of windows, when will EA learn?

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven
But still, paying 1k for a game that might not last more than few days is just too much, developers must understand this, even hollywood movies cost a lot less here, unless they decrease the price piracy will rule in India. I can buy a game that cost say 500/-(GTAIV) but 1.5k for games like gears of war is way too much, microsoft understood that and lowered price of windows, when will EA learn?

yes...dude u r absolutely right...1500/- is too much just for a game..they should reduce the pricerate..otherwise piracy will rule in India..noone can stop it...

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
GTA IV :") For Rs.499 @ Planet M , Landmark
Logitech Dual Analog Gamepad x 2 Rs.600 each
UMAX Webcam with 6 LED for Rs 500
Netgear Wireless router for Rs. 2000
8400 GS for 1800 Rs.
Trancend JF210 Pen Drive for Rs. 1400 (1 GB )
Trancend V30 Pen Drive for Rs. 200 (1 Gb )
USB Keyboard Vacume cleaner for Rs. 200

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Just bought a new CPU Cabinet today, it's a Zebronics Bijli CPU Cabinet, rest all is same as before.

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3199/3122348834_1ede8f1008.jpg

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3103/3118599592_a87f0a7750.jpg

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3084/3122348268_6d510654fb.jpg?v=0

Also Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 7000 from Microsoft Company store today.

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3095/3121533311_a1ca06ed66.jpg?v=0

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Just got my Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 7000 delivered today. The rechargeable battery is uncharged so charging it for 2 hrs as said by MS. Full charge will take 7 hrs.

The docking station has U.S.A type power connector, flat one so I m using my old Energizer battery charger to charge the provided AAA battery. This combined with my Razer Mousepad is awesome for designing, but sux for gaming. Well, I got a XBOX gamepad for that.

*img381.imageshack.us/img381/2641/dsc02323be9.th.jpg
*img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc02323be9.jpg

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
@gx
Nice purchase man..........mow much for it? How is it compared to your older mouse in terms of using MAX. I am also looking for a good mouse with good control and accuracy. Want something good to use with MAYA. Gaming not a priority.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Well, 3 hrs & i m still trying to get used to the new shape. One thing for sure, this mouse is not meant for speedy use, or maybe I am unable to use it in a speedy manner. For general day to day us & 2d, this is good. I am able to draw shapes more accurately in Illustrator then before cos the whole mouse fits in hands.

I bought it from Microsoft Company Store, so can't say the price in retail market.

Top Bottom