Post your latest Purchase

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Dell Latitude ATG D630. No its not a company issue. Its my own. From what Dell rep told me its FIRST OF ITS KIND IN INDIA. Will receive it next week or so.

ancientrites

In the zone
keshavasiva
no offence bro u could have opted for better mobo but review sites says this is best VFM and also gaming purpose and some say its not good at all.
[[ this mobo is 650i chipset that only supports dual x8 SLI operation.The x16 slots will run at x16 speeds when used in a single card configuration only. Once you run an SLI setup ((for example 2 X 8800gt or 8400gs...etc)), the speeds drop to x8 for both slots because x16 is total bandwidth available.wouldnt your other card be wasted here.Now If it was 680i mobo both cards would run at each x16 speed resulting in x32 full bandwith .your both cards will draw to its full potential]].
Anyways both 650i and 680i chipsets are old now.
dont worry bro e8400 is excellent buy and rest pretty good.You really sacrificed for graphic card which you shouldnt had done.You could have squeezed up your budget for graphic card.
CONGRATS for your purchase

keshavasiva

Banned
^^^ Thanks mate...
Btw..my requirement was a high end pc but should have some decent graphics supporting vista aero...gaming...and i see that 8400GS plays even GRID quite well and others also decent...and mobo is a chance man....i know that asus boards are good....i only use 1 gfx card and raised it to x16 2.0. my gfx costed only 2k. so i don't mind scrapping it off and purchasing a new one in future if necessary. I planned for p5Q which was ahh.. real heart touching(as the ASUS caption goes)..but wasn't available at tat time and I didn't wanted to wait. Lets see....next time .. may b in a couple of yrs or 3...ill upgrade to a real higher end mobo..
your config rocks....how z the performance e8400vsq6600???

ancientrites

In the zone
Thanx man but my system is outdated now looking for gtx280 i really want it price to come down.
gaming wise e8400 is better than q6600 because it has 2 cores which is sufficient for gaming aspect where as q6600 has 4 cores for multitasking purpose and future gaming,secondly it's design is 45nm and power efficiency.I dont know much about technology there are other guyz over here who knows details and explain ya correctly.
Getting back to your graphic card i am not sure about it, i dont think its even a pcie 2.0 but its just a pcie 1.1 or 1.0.you will find 2.0 graphic cards in geforce 9 series onwards and specially 8800gt from geforce 8 series.

The Price of DVD media is gradually dropping, even in non tech stationary stores.
Near my house, in a stationary store I bought a few Moser Baer DVD-R for Rs. 15/- per piece and some Sony Accucore DVD+R for Rs.16/- per pirce.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
The Price of DVD media is gradually dropping, even in non tech stationary stores.
Near my house, in a stationary store I bought a few Moser Baer DVD-R for Rs. 15/- per piece and some Sony Accucore DVD+R for Rs.16/- per pirce.
I get Moser Baer DVD-R for 10 bucks each:D

manohar387

Broken In
I've purchased a new dell inspiron 1420 online.
I must say its worth every rupee.
Price-Rs 44800/-
Place-Hyderabad
Config-core2duo 1.66GHz,2GB ram,128mb nvidia 8400gs ,160gb hd,vista home premium,90watt adapter.

I get Moser Baer DVD-R for 10 bucks each:D
Really ? But From what I hear, the commonly found pinkish red box with Moser Baer DVD-R discs has duplicate discs. Unlike genuine ones, they don't have the word moser baer colourised. Any ideas what is the truth about them ?

But since I myself buy Rs. 10/- Tech-Com DVD-R occasionally for basic use with non-critical data, I wouldn't mind replacing them with these MB Discs.
But its not worth, MB quality is down, you should use some quality media like verbatim.
In India, Verbatim discs and HP discs are manufactured by Moser Baer :p

And Verbatim is a huge rip off. I never saw any difference in them and other discs when I bought a Verbatim CD for Rs. 15 in bangalore.

I heard Sony is a good option. Is it true ? I have no complains save one with Sony Accucore DVD+R and CD-R media. They get scratched too soon. No idea why.

anispace

dattebayo
purchased yesterday...

>>Creative EP-630 for Rs. 750 at Lamington

>>Command & Conquer Saga .. 3 DVD set.. all games upto CC3 tiberium wars for Rs.999 at Croma

shift

Seed is the Life!!
SOLD Sony Ericsson w580i (2 months old with bill and warranty) for Rs.5800

GET new Nokia 1650 for Rs. 1950 and Transcend 4GB PenDrive for Rs. 600 :)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Really ? But From what I hear, the commonly found pinkish red box with Moser Baer DVD-R discs has duplicate discs. Unlike genuine ones, they don't have the word moser baer colourised. Any ideas what is the truth about them ?
its not fake, i am sure!

In India, Verbatim discs and HP discs are manufactured by Moser Baer :p

And Verbatim is a huge rip off. I never saw any difference in them and other discs when I bought a Verbatim CD for Rs. 15 in bangalore.

I heard Sony is a good option. Is it true ? I have no complains save one with Sony Accucore DVD+R and CD-R media. They get scratched too soon. No idea why.
Original Verbatim discs are made by Mitsubishi. i have used these disc, the quality is superb
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/19575_uc7jf/verbattim.jpg

The only media i found better than Verbatim is Taiyo Yuden. they are people who made first cd in world. Taiyo Yuden quality is superior to all other manufacturers but they are only sold in Japan:|
So importing them here,makes cost of the media little higher.
but its justified if you are storing your priceless memories.

Try reading
Comparison: Moser Baer with Taiyo Yuden DVDs

royal

Padawan
The only media i found better than Verbatim is Taiyo Yuden. they are people who made first cd in world. Taiyo Yuden quality is superior to all other manufacturers but they are only sold in Japan:|
So importing them here,makes cost of the media little higher.
but its justified if you are storing your priceless memories.

There are GO in other tech forums for genuine Verbatim/Taiyo Yuden media...keep ur eyes open for them :)

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Got EP630 Today for Rs 850 and they do ROCK :D Now i have my ATP3 in my pocket :lol:

*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/19072008(001).jpg
Free Image Hosting

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
AMD 4800 X2............................3300
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H..........4950
2x Transcend JET RAM...............2000
Segate 500GB..........................3200
Moser Bear DVD 20x.................1100
Logitech Wireless Set................1250
Creative Inspire 2.1...................1600
Zebronics Bijli+400W..................1550
Frontech 600VA........................1450

That's total with tax 21300 !!!

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
got this for an upgrade.plz reply in my thread for overclocking the ram,proccy.

Intel E7200 - 5.9k
Abit IP35-E -5.4k
Gigabyte 9600GSO(384MB) - 6.9k
OCZ SLI Ready RAM 800MHZ(2x1GB) -3.5k
Power Focus SMPS 550W -2.6k
Cabinet BIIS X-2008 -1k
WD 640GB -4.2k

brought everything from Mahavir Electronics,Lammy

Top Bottom