Post your latest Purchase

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Capdase car mount installed :D

*i.imgur.com/QEwnG7l.jpg

*i.imgur.com/KZtXXQr.jpg

*i.imgur.com/dv1BAjz.jpg

@Anirban- Yes you're genius buddy. Well done and keep it up.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
^you, my friend, are a genious

Capdase car mount installed :D

@Anirban- Yes you're genius buddy. Well done and keep it up.

@anirbandd Great bro, awesome thought indeed. I broke 3 0.5mm drill for a small board :D

genius? no. i believe "necessity is the mother of all innovation" ;)

but thanks guys :)

@amjath: i know dude... its hellish tough drilling though all those holes with a mini hand drill. :|

quagmire

Allllright !
@anirbandd : :clap2: Should have created a new thread for this..

What the specs of the 2000 rpm motor and where do you buy one? Also explain motor control..

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
another DIY: a PCB drill

*imageshack.us/scaled/large/5/mg0008i.jpg
the rotating drill [right one] has a bit offset from the axis, but thats no problem for a mini hand held drill

*imageshack.us/scaled/large/824/mg0009k.jpg
if you are wondering, here are the parts:
1. 12V motor off a geared DC motor. it has a seperate assembly to increase torque/decrease RPM, commonly used in robots. the motor itself should be >2000RPM..
2. Empty Gel pen refill. YES!! :D
3. m-Seal. :p
4. Drills. i used 0.5mm and 0.7mm. :)

the end product cuts through boards like hot knife in butter ;)

next up, a DIY Drill press :)

*imageshack.us/scaled/large/823/mg0006r.jpg
thats my test bench PSU, made out a Dell PSU, very robust and stable with A-grade short circuit protection.
the light inside is custom addition ;)

@quagmire: thanks :)
im too lazy to create a new thread :p :D

actually, i dont know the exact RPM of the motor, but im guessing its >2000..

the motor is this: *www.robosoftsystems.co.in/roboshop/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/500x500/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/c/dc-motor.jpg

just the front white plastic part is removed. its a standard 12V geared motor [gears inside the white plastic case], commonly used in robotics competitions in colleges etc..

motor control is just using SPST switch.. i havent done it yet. just made the drills..

amjath

Human Spambot
i used a big drill which is used to drill holes on walls bro, cause thats what i had at that time :banghead:

Yes new thread for this please

sujoyp

Grand Master
@anirban great DIY stuff

That flash is Yougnuo YN465 ...I am using it from 2 years ow without problem :)

Yes I want a mount for flash + trigger but I have to buy a flash mount/umbrella holder to fit it on gorrilapod...lets see

Tenida

Gadget Freak

but thanks guys :)

@amjath: i know dude... its hellish tough drilling though all those holes with a mini hand drill. :|

And those who innovates NEW thing are called genius (acc. to me) ;)

Last edited:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i used a big drill which is used to drill holes on walls bro, cause thats what i had at that time :banghead:

Yes new thread for this please

okay.. i'll make one with a complete pcb making tutorial as soon as i get some time.. :)

And those who innovates NEW thing are called genius (acc. to me) ;)

its nothing new.. it has been made before. its just a jugaad.. :)

@anirban great DIY stuff

That flash is Yougnuo YN465 ...I am using it from 2 years ow without problem :)

Yes I want a mount for flash + trigger but I have to buy a flash mount/umbrella holder to fit it on gorrilapod...lets see

thanks..

how much did the flash cost? and where did you buy it from?

of.. if you use any kind of light shaper/diffuser/spreader, you should use a full size studio mount..

quagmire

Allllright !
@quagmire: thanks :)
im too lazy to create a new thread :p :D

actually, i dont know the exact RPM of the motor, but im guessing its >2000..

the motor is this: *www.robosoftsystems.co.in/roboshop/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/500x500/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/c/dc-motor.jpg

just the front white plastic part is removed. its a standard 12V geared motor [gears inside the white plastic case], commonly used in robotics competitions in colleges etc..

motor control is just using SPST switch.. i havent done it yet. just made the drills..[/QUOTE]

AFAIK in robotics, motors with 20-200 rpm is used.. What kind of robotics are you talking about?
I wanted to know how you convert from high torque - low speed to low torque high speed in the same motor?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
the amateur kind of robotics. 20-500RPM motors are used.

i dont do any kind of modification. i just took out the gear assembly.

the motor was like this:
*www.robosoftsystems.co.in/roboshop/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/500x500/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/c/dc-motor.jpg

i took out the white front part, added the drill bit and it became this:
*imageshack.us/scaled/large/5/mg0008i.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
@anirban ...That flash cost me Rs3000 from ebay.com hongkong seller...but now it can be got from the guy I bought my triggers...he is an online seller...very popular among my photography forum.

I am using a cap diffuser on the flash and not those big umbrellas or soft boxes...but still I need something that can hold my trigger and flash

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
Bought LensPen 450 Bucks Locally !!
*i.imgur.com/0soMN8fl.jpg

*i.imgur.com/RdyMk11l.jpg

Also Bought A UV Filter Dono If It Works Just To Protect The Lense Elements For 100 Bucks

*i.imgur.com/AM7tf7Wl.jpg

*i.imgur.com/WrZDMxrl.jpg

My DSLR Gone For RMA :cry:

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
^nice!

what happened to the slr??

I Was Seeing Some Spot/Scratch In the view finder from the first day .. tried air blower no help, it was permanent just like the focus dots ,on the corner of the prism ..gave it to the nikon service..first they said it was damaged then took it after I talked with THE GM Nikon Gujarat saying that it is a manufacturing Defect !!

sujoyp

Grand Master
@ Ayuclack Congrats for lenspen

My todays Shopping

1. Nokia Asha 302 for Dad cost Rs.6200 + Sandisk 4GB Micro SD card Rs.290
*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-QvR1visq9Vs/UXGPpI03JuI/AAAAAAAAI0Y/-oC19mOsV_k/s767/DSC_7652.JPG

2. Bata formal Shoes + Black liquid polish ...cost Rs.1600
*lh4.googleusercontent.com/-RlrMszRuhGM/UXGPrFs6vzI/AAAAAAAAI0g/dlC70RFozKc/s862/DSC_7651.JPG

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I Was Seeing Some Spot/Scratch In the view finder from the first day .. tried air blower no help, it was permanent just like the focus dots ,on the corner of the prism ..gave it to the nikon service..first they said it was damaged then took it after I talked with THE GM Nikon Gujarat saying that it is a manufacturing Defect !!

:lol: lucky you!!

i had the same thing on mine too.. it was like a black spot under the pentaprism, above the sensor. but it was within warranty, so took it for RMA. the service centre wrote the symptoms as: "Huge Fungi on prism." to this day i dont know for sure what it was. :|

btw y do u need a mini drill for??
Drill holes for PCB boards at low speed so that drill bit don't break and to avoid damage to PCB

actually, its better if its high speed. the higher the speed, the lesser the chances of breaking the bit, and the finer the holes.
Dremel PCB drills typically have >5000RPM. and production lines have >10000RPM drills. ;)

2. Bata formal Shoes + Black liquid polish ...cost Rs.1600

Bata :p
Sreeleathers ftw! :D

Top Bottom