Post your latest Purchase

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Re: Post what you purchased.

@asigh
The card is running at it's default specs. Will post the overclock results later.

1) At 30% fan speed, the idle temps is around 49c and loads at 61c.

2) At 60% fan speed, it idles around 47c and loads at 58c

3) At 100% fan speed, the idle temp is 44c and loads at 54-55c.

Wow..what a card+cooling solution. I am thoroughly impressed by this card and OEM. WOW...! Congrats....just looking at these temperature gradients..you have great scope for OC'ing...!!!

Once again..great purchase..! Thanks for the specs.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned

@john_the_ultimate

pray nothing does but what if one of those stuff gave you problems? U will have to send it to US to avail warranty, isnt it?
Did your brother check it there itself?
I am asking all this as once i have been really miserable by buying a gfx card there(geforce 6800 gt agp) and when it reached here, it was dead.. all money wasted. :(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

on 12th jun

one Zebronics Bijli Cabinet with smps for Rs. 1550 ( Tax extra )
One Glacialtec 80mm 4 Color Led fan for Rs. 275 ( Tax extra )

From M.D. Computers

Two front USb port & The Front Power Led is not working ( though I doubt if it has one )
Also the manual is to short & says nothing more than front usb & audio connect instruction.
Zebronics should provide more detailed manual.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain

@john_the_ultimate

pray nothing does but what if one of those stuff gave you problems? U will have to send it to US to avail warranty, isnt it?
Did your brother check it there itself?
I am asking all this as once i have been really miserable by buying a gfx card there(geforce 6800 gt agp) and when it reached here, it was dead.. all money wasted. :(

No problem with warranty, as I have already talked with EVGA and they will RMA the card but I'll have to send it directly to them. Return expense will be theirs. Only thing is that to have benifit of the 90-day step-up program, I'll have to send the card to my bro as they will not entertain any address outside the US.

royal

Padawan

Hey john congrats for the purchase man...:p

one small thing, considering the shipping/customs charge, buying from Tirupati would not have been too bad either ;)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Though just thinking..arent computer parts more expensive in India..as compared to US...specially Online...!

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned

No problem with warranty, as I have already talked with EVGA and they will RMA the card but I'll have to send it directly to them. Return expense will be theirs. Only thing is that to have benifit of the 90-day step-up program, I'll have to send the card to my bro as they will not entertain any address outside the US.

U mean they will entertain u even when they know that you have brought it continents away from where you bought?....
great... but only 90 days ? thats to less than what they offer...

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain

U mean they will entertain u even when they know that you have brought it continents away from where you bought?....
great... but only 90 days ? thats to less than what they offer...

90 day is for the step-up scheme (if I want to upgrade to a better card within 90 days, then I only have to pay the price difference from the new card). So say, the new card costs $350 and since mine was purchased for $222, the price I'll have to pay for the new card would be 350-222= $128.
As for warranty, my bro has registered the card, so I do get limited lifetime warranty. Checked all this matter through evga and then went on with the purchase.

Hey john congrats for the purchase man...:p

one small thing, considering the shipping/customs charge, buying from Tirupati would not have been too bad either ;)

Actually this particular card was qouted at 14.7k including tax (a month ago). So the whole package (gfx card, chipset cooler, fans & ccfls) from the US cost me $334 approx, that's 14.3k + 2.3k duty = 16.5k including shipping charges. So I thought, buying from US was better deal.

Last edited:

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned

!! so its really safe to go on buyin... my dad will be goin to USA after 1 month.. But hes a non Techie guy... would be risky to get it ordered through him....

Also do hardware stores offer similar prices, say when we are not buying online but the way we locally buy...
any ideas?

praka123

left this forum longback

bought a bluetooth dongle for Rs 270(class 1) which provided a bluesoleil CD .no "widcomm" one available in the stores.

works perfect with GNU/Linux :)

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

altec lansing vs4121 - 3k incl of tax

i'm liking it. but cant tell much since i aint an audiophile.

hope i made the right choice of taking this instead of creative inspire 2.1 m2600

Last edited:

pratik03

Journeyman

Logitec MX 518 Rs 1300/- @ PC guide, lamington road.

*img127.imageshack.us/img127/2513/ghjzs0.jpg

royal

Padawan

Actually this particular card was qouted at 14.7k including tax (a month ago). So the whole package (gfx card, chipset cooler, fans & ccfls) from the US cost me $334 approx, that's 14.3k + 2.3k duty = 16.5k including shipping charges. So I thought, buying from US was better deal.

I can see you made a good choice, bro :p

Top Bottom