Post your latest Purchase

Tenida

Gadget Freak
m
Thanks..Got it from Superdeal on HS18 with 15% off coupon.. The coupon lasted just 36 hours (last week).. Was lucky enough, just made it..

Congo bro. Very nice photographs. Btw. why did they gave you black case for white L9. I got white case :)

monkey

Padawan
Bought this a couple of days back from Nehru Place:

The Box:
*i49.tinypic.com/12504uv.jpg
*i50.tinypic.com/2zy9ysp.jpg

What's in the box:
*i46.tinypic.com/fdgl6f.jpg

The Beauty and the Beast:
*i50.tinypic.com/2zqbyax.jpg
*i49.tinypic.com/1t2zac.jpg

The Model:
*i45.tinypic.com/k51gya.jpg

Total damage: Rs. 66,500/-

Now after 2 days of usage here is a quick review:

Pros:
1. Very powerful with Core i7 and 8Gb RAM.
2. Very good graphic card at this price range.
3. UltraBay give me an option to add another graphic card and go SLI (ie. GeForce GT 650M 2GB DDR5 in SLI which comes faster than GTX 670M in some cases)
4. Full HD display.
5. Very good JBL speakers with Dolby Home Theater.
6. Adjustable backlight on the keyboard.

Cons:
1. Trackpad is bad. (I use mouse for gaming so I overlook this part)
2. Plastic Body is finger print magnet.
3. Very Heavy.
4. Comes with Windows 8 which with the trackpad can be a challenge to use.
5. Battery/Charging/HDD LED lights in front are extremely small and dim and you have to struggle to see if they are glowing or not.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Good buy. Y500 is available @~63000 on flipkart if you pay by mastercard, visa... I got mine ordered from there. I was thinking of S05IN but then this sweet offer came up.

How are the viewing angles ?

monkey

Padawan
Good buy. Y500 is available @~63000 on flipkart if you pay by mastercard, visa... I got mine ordered from there. I was thinking of S05IN but then this sweet offer came up.

How are the viewing angles ?

Yeah I thought about it but then I needed the lappy immediately, Flipkart would have taken some time to deliver. Also I did not wanted to use my credit card during last month of the financial year...:wink:

Viewing angles of the laptop are good but its glossy screen is a bit of let down. But then you can't ask for everything at this price. I only hope Lenovo has good after-sale service. Its a risk I took.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
One question how do you know if the game is digital version or hard copy? I mean is there any indication of that in amazon page (never bought any game from amazon.)?

Cause i like hard copies.
Another question how long did it take to reach you ?? Any customs(as it's a hard copy)??

Any shipping charges?

Yes. But 'zon sells digital versions of only PC games. And to US credit cards only.

Depends on what method you choose. Customs is taken beforehand for any "AmazonGlobal" shipments (regardless of site, i.e. .com, .co.uk, .fr etc), otherwise no.

Obviously shipping charges are there. Free int'l shipping sites are rare.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Thanks @ajayritik & @amjath Well I too shifted from LG Optimus One. Was using ICS Custom ROM. Have tried JB, as considering the hardware, it was smooth enough on ARM v6. But after using WP8 I can say, Android can be far better than Android in all aspects like Apps and else. But Android can't beat the smoothness of WP8. The UI feels really cool and awesome. I was bored with almost same interface of Android. But I can guarantee that even Android lovers will love the Touch and smoothness of WP8 phone. Though it'll be idiotic to say, but it really feels like feather touch like iPhone. Another thing I'm loving is battery backup. Though it's not right to judge battery after using only for a day. After using a day I can only say this much.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Thanks @ajayritik & @amjath Well I too shifted from LG Optimus One. Was using ICS Custom ROM. Have tried JB, as considering the hardware, it was smooth enough on ARM v6. But after using WP8 I can say, Android can be far better than Android in all aspects like Apps and else. But Android can't beat the smoothness of WP8. The UI feels really cool and awesome. I was bored with almost same interface of Android. But I can guarantee that even Android lovers will love the Touch and smoothness of WP8 phone. Though it'll be idiotic to say, but it really feels like feather touch like iPhone. Another thing I'm loving is battery backup. Though it's not right to judge battery after using only for a day. After using a day I can only say this much.
@krishnandu. If I'm not mistaken you had also bought S2 I think some time back and had posted it here. So good to see you moving to a different system.
congrats once again. Do post your review sometime.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
No I didn't bought S2. I was using LG Optimus One P500 for around 2.5 years. And now was in verge of getting Sony XPeria U. I'm glad that I wait and now got Lumia 620. I'm really enjoying WP8. Though I have heard WP8 have many issues. But I didn't came across one yet.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congos Krishnandu. Right decision I would say. Me too pretty disappointed with droid, it feels more like Windows for mobile phones - Jack of all trades, master of none.

Top Bottom