Post your latest Purchase

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Re: Post what you purchased.

go with BSNL Unlimited

it costs 900/month and gives a speed of 2MB/s

And I think BSNL is nationwide

I don't think it is 2 MBPS unlimited for 999/-, Its a 500/- for 512KBPS upto 2MBPS and this is not an unlimited plan, it has some limit too.

niravjadwani

Amatur Modder

Hi..

It is now a bit older....

Processor : AMD Athlon 64 x2 4000+ (Rs.2700)
Ram : Transcend 1 GB DDR2 667 ( Rs.950)
Motherboard : ASUS M2A-VM(Non HD) (Rs.3100
Harddisk : 250GB SATA WD (Rs.2700)
Optical Drive : Liteon dvd multirecorder 16X (RS.1700-1800)
Cabinet : Mercury black atx (Rs.1100)
Power : Mercury std 400 watts(bundled with Cabinet)
Mouse :Iball 1600dpi laser (Really not the worth of 1600 dpi)(Free with a printer)
Key board : Iball Classic keyboard(Rs.300)
Monitor : My good old CRT 14" (Don't advise for upgrade..budget restrictions..)

Total cost around Rs.12,350. And believe me, I completed NFS prostreet without any lags in graphics, at medium level, completed FARCRY with medium settings, Company of Heroes is halfway done.

One problem. My monitor don't seem to support resolutions higher than 800X600. Some pins of the connector cable are broken. You think changing the connector cable will be good....?

mastermunj

In the zone

After somewhat googling and study, i found out a comparision between broadband providers in Mumbai..

Mouthshut Comparision Chart

DataOne of BSNL, TriBand of MTNL and Airtel Broadband are more recommended.. (Roltanet is also well recommended but no review since 2004 :rolleyes:)

Amongst all above i found Airtel and Tata to be good and trustworthy.. Please update my knowledge if BSNL is actually good in terms of service and reliability..

Airtel offers 384KBPS Unlimited at 999 with 500 Non-Refundable Deposit.

Airtel Broadband

Tata offers 256KBPS Unlimited at 1000 with 1000 Installation Charges and 1000 Refundable Deposit. However you can avoid paying these 2000 if you pay 4 month bill in advance :p

Tata Broadband

Now the only delimma is about choosing Airtel or Tata, I feel both are good.. but why Airtel would be offering more for same price??

@shift, can you please use some broadband speed measure tool and let us know what is the actual bandwidth, Upload & Download speed you are getting??

Any Tata user here? kindly do the test and let us know the results to put more light on which one to opt for :)

P

paranj

Tata is well not to be trusted, go with Airtel i suggest. Whatever u do stay away from Reliance cause they tend to change ur IP from 30 mins. to one hour. So that means all the stuff u were downloading will be broken. Otherwise cool.

Creative EP630 - Rs.998 + Rs.99 shipping charges off www.ebay.in
Corsair Flash Voyager 4GB Pen Drive - Rs900 + Rs. 100 shipping. www.ebay.in

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Monitor : My good old CRT 14" (Don't advise for upgrade..budget restrictions..)

One problem. My monitor don't seem to support resolutions higher than 800X600. Some pins of the connector cable are broken. You think changing the connector cable will be good....?

AFAIK, The 14" monitor support max. resolution of 800X600, so its good.

Creative EP630 - Rs.998 + Rs.99 shipping charges off www.ebay.in
Corsair Flash Voyager 4GB Pen Drive - Rs900 + Rs. 100 shipping. www.ebay.in

Overpriced!!!!
Look for somewhere else.

Last edited:

mastermunj

In the zone

even am thinking for airtel... checked with my office network administrator that we are having 1mbps airtel broadband and it works very good without any downtime..
plus airtel always helps resolving problems on priority if there are any..

juts one thing bugs me a bit is why airtel is offering 384KBPS in same cost of 256KBPS offered by other providers..

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

TRAI( Telecom Regulatory Authority of India), released a notice to all ISP that they can't charge more than 750/- for 256KBPS connection.
Few are aware of this regulation and few are not, talk to ur ISP and maintain ur plan.
AIRTEL is by far the best connection.

linux_ubuntu

iL6>Tushar

i got my two Antec 120mm case fan today from www.techshop.in costs me Rs. 3,360/- only. I think techshop prices little bit higher then www.lynx.india.com as compared. I never purchased from www.lynx.india.com anyone got experince how they ship and and how secure they package the order. onr more thing goods are in good condition or not wear and tear please reply. i like there pricing.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

lynx india is also Trusted dealer based in Chandigarh, many people here have purchased from there.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Amarbir is a very good person and co-operative too. Even if u have seen something on any international website like tiger-direct or newegg, even then also u can order the product from him.
U know there is a good reason that his website is in my siggy!

P

paranj

@keith_j_snyder2

Why do u say the things i bought are overpriced?

linux_ubuntu

iL6>Tushar

@keith_j_snyder2

Why do u say the things i bought are overpriced?
compare products price listed in techshop.in and lynx-india you will came know :rolleyes:

Amarbir is a very good person and co-operative too. Even if u have seen something on any international website like tiger-direct or newegg, even then also u can order the product from him.
U know there is a good reason that his website is in my siggy!
are you sure he can arrange whatever product shown tigerdirect or newegg great :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Last edited:

shift

Seed is the Life!!

@shift, can you please use some broadband speed measure tool and let us know what is the actual bandwidth, Upload & Download speed you are getting??

Speedtest at *speed.ktk.airtelbroadband.in/
Download : 335kbps
Upload : 165kbps

Other users, please let us know your actual bandwidth using the same tester

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl

i got my two Antec 120mm case fan today from www.techshop.in costs me Rs. 3,360/- only. I think techshop prices little bit higher then www.lynx.india.com as compared. I never purchased from www.lynx.india.com anyone got experince how they ship and and how secure they package the order. onr more thing goods are in good condition or not wear and tear please reply. i like there pricing.

yea ...been ordering stuff from him since long..the packing is awesome.no doubt about that..at least i've not seen any other dealer doing that kind..

mastermunj

In the zone

Download : 335kbps
Upload : 165kbps

Other users, please let us know your actual bandwidth using the same tester

that is great..

i checked my office lease line and they shown is very much around the actual...

omdhar

Broken In

BSNL dataone connectivity is good. Download Speed generaly remains above 1.5 Mbps even though my nearest tele exchange is about 7 KM away. I have been user of Dataone for last 1 Yr.

Download : 1.48 Mbps
Upload : 167 kbps

Problem lies with non compliance of complaints. In Jan 08, I applied for switch over from Home 250 startup plan to Home Combo 500 C. Bimonthly bill received during last week of Feb 08 shows that plan wef 10 Jan 08 changed to Home 500 and not Home Combo 500 C. When I aproached various sec and written letters, they again changed plan wef 14 Mar 08 into Home Combo 500 C. It means for mistake done by them, I will have pay of approx Rs 400 more.

Again
Under Home 250 Startup Plan (Free 1 GB per month)
From 010108 To 090108
My usage as dataone website shows 0.219 GB
Net Chargeable NIL

Under Home 500 Plan (Free 2.5 GB per month)
From 100108 To 310108
My usage as dataone website shows 0.847 GB
Net Chargeable NIL

But Landline Bill for Jan shows
Brdband USG-200801 3470
Fr: 1024, Net 985, Rt:0.80 = 886.50

I have written several letter incl to CGM/GM/AGM but till dt no reply nor bill modified.

P

paranj

BSNL ppl are money hungry *******s! My landline bill= Rs.5400

Top Bottom