Post your latest Purchase

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Re: Post what you purchased.

It is a 20" TN Panel based LCD Monitor with native resolution of 1680X1050 & 5 MS responce time. I am running it at 1440X900 as this resolution is what I like for my eyes. Color temprature is 9300K and it is about 3 feet away from my eyes on my table.

I just love the widescreen resolution, there is so much space to work on. I am running 3ds Max & Photoshop Side by side, running 3 IE 8 windows in Windows Mode, Winamp on side...chatting...doing so much.

I am playing games at 1280X800 with no AA & 4X anistropic filtering & other tweaks.

Oh! & I also purchased gxsaurav.com today for free :D

Last edited:

nil1982

It is a 20" TN Panel based LCD Monitor with native resolution of 1680X1050 & 5 MS responce time. I am running it at 1440X900 as this resolution is what I like for my eyes. Color temprature is 9300K and it is about 3 feet away from my eyes on my table.

I just love the widescreen resolution, there is so much space to work on. I am running 3ds Max & Photoshop Side by side, running 3 IE 8 windows in Windows Mode, Winamp on side...chatting...doing so much.

I am playing games at 1280X800 with no AA & 4X anistropic filtering & other tweaks.

Oh! & I also purchased gxsaurav.com today for free :D

How are the colors? I am into photoshopping so I also need a good LCD with good colors. Would you recommend it? I am also thinking of LG L194WT or ViewSonic VA1912wb.
Bought the domain for free? Where from?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

How are the colors? I am into photoshopping so I also need a good LCD with good colors. Would you recommend it? I am also thinking of LG L194WT or ViewSonic VA1912wb.

This is the first time I am using a LCD for such a long time & color wise I see no difference between this & my old CRT. However things on my LCD looks way more sharper then CRT, thanx to Cleartype in Vista :D

I calibarate the colors & using Adobe RGB for colors, not the standard sRGB. This way even the movies are playing with Adobe RGB, I incresed the Gamma to 2.2 for 3ds max cos i work in inear work flow.

the domain for free? Where from?

Anurag Bhateja, an old timer in this forum is my old friend. He gave it to me, said I don't need to pay anything right now. He will code the website based on my design & once everything is done according to my satisfaction, then only I need to pay.

Right now gxsaurav.com is using a default theme, he gave.

nil1982

It is a 20" TN Panel based LCD Monitor with native resolution of 1680X1050 & 5 MS responce time. I am running it at 1440X900 as this resolution is what I like for my eyes.

Any trouble (performance decrease) for not viewing at native resolution? Is 1680x1050 straining your eyes? In that case you could have bought 19", or found this 1680x1050 unpleasant for your eyes after purchase?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

at 1650X1050 things are very small. I don't like it tht's why using 1440X900. This resolution is enough for the way I use computer.

I have optimized Vista for this resolution though, big icons & text etc....Segoe UI everywhere possible, even where I can hack using registry & cleartype.

I went to the market to buy 19" LG L194WT only, but that model is discontinued as said by the dealer so I bought this. L194WS was available for 9K but it was D-Sub based not DVI & lacked HDCP

nil1982

at 1650X1050 things are very small. I don't like it tht's why using 1440X900. This resolution is enough for the way I use computer.

I have optimized Vista for this resolution though, big icons & text etc....Segoe UI everywhere possible, even where I can hack using registry & cleartype.

I went to the market to buy 19" LG L194WT only, but that model is discontinued as said by the dealer so I bought this. L194WS was available for 9K but it was D-Sub based not DVI & lacked HDCP
Good info for me, thanks. Though I read that smaller pixel pitch makes the images crisper for viewing. May be personal choice. Did you get bundled DVI cable with it? If not did you buy? If yes, what's the price?:D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

I got one Analog cable, One DVI Cable & one power cable along with a soft wipe cloth in the package.

The CD has Forte Manager software using which u can calibrate the Screen without touching the monitor buttons for OSD.

At 1680X1050 the text is indeed very crisp, but just my personal preference here to use at 1440X900

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

'complete' is not for us :D

techies are never contended with the tech they have :p

Nah, complete is a word for me. I just need a good CPU cooler & that's all. I can control media center using my Mobile Phone so it isn't required to buy Pinnacle Remote so it can wait. The most important part now is the CPU cooler, I am looking for Cooler Master Hyper L3 Or vortex 752 as they fit my needs fine.

@gx_saurav wat is the price of ATI 3850 in lucknow

Don't know. I got a Radeon HD 3650 for Rs 5k

Last edited:

axxo

99.9% Idle

Real cost 10.5k, I paid 8.5k as I exchanged my old CRT monitor.

Goobi was right, aXXo sux for large screen monitors, all my old movies look so bad now, time to buy HD movies only :D

not asking about the monitor cost..was talking about the doll sitting in front of your pc cabinet

btw aXXo is poor man's blessing..his works are noticeable only in 15,17 & 19" CRTs..not LCDs and HD Screens :cool:

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz

The most important part now is the CPU cooler, I am looking for Cooler Master Hyper L3 Or vortex 752 as they fit my needs fine.
First of all, congrats for LCD!
Ok, i inquired some info regarding CM CPU coolers at N.P. Hyper L3 is unavailable as of now. Vortex 752 is available for 1560 bucks. Btw, Gemini II is also available for 2250 bucks. I've seen Gemini's performance. Impressive cooling if fitted with 2x120mm fans. Quite large in size. Though, even without the fans the performance is commendable.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Thanx, I have seen the Gemini Model in Bangalore, it is good but very big for my cabinet & I am skeptical whether it will fit or not. On the other hand, Cooler Master Vortex 752 fits perfectly in my cabinet & motherboard so that is a better buy.

Gemini is indeed better but overkill for my system, I will upgrade to Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 CPU once it drops to a price of 5K this year so again Vortex is good enough for that.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz

yep, Gemini suffers due to the huge size. Though, effective. Btw, Hyper 212 is also available. Check its dimensions. If it suits then its indeed a better choice than Vortex!

Top Bottom