Post your latest Purchase

tkin

Back to school!!
Which suggestion? I can't live with earth shattering bass & some good mids. :(

I have bought this for 870/-. The quality of sound is much acceptable or can be said good at this point of price. Just one issue, the satellite connectors are those old types "insert naked wires" :(. Rest fine. You can also go for this if you can increase your budget.
Those naked connectors are supposed to be the best out there as they offer direct contact, cumbersome maybe, but audio quality is best.

^^ Nice card vyral, enjoy HD gaming.

Last edited:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Which suggestion? I can't live with earth shattering bass & some good mids. :(

the circle 'arko' 100W speakers i wrote of. you mean you cannot live WITH good bass and good mids or cannot live WITHOUT ?! :confused:

@ vyral - congrats ! damn good purchase ! did you unlock it yourself or was it done by the previous user ? even am getting two offers for a box-packed zotac GTX560Ti AMP! edition, and one-yr used sapphire HD 6950 2GB cards, both at ~10k. mighty confused as to which one to choose :pullhair:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
2gb preferred for future and high AA. BTW is the Sapphire card the dual-fan one?

yeah, but the physx+CUDA thingy is alluring for my friend (for whom the card is meant). the 6950 is a single-fan one. i guess it cant be unlocked ?!

Sarath

iDota
PS Vita (Wi-fi) - Rs.12500/- :D
*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/Snapbucket/274E85B6-orig.jpg

Rayman game : 2k

Starter kit with 4GB vita card = 2k

Another 4GB vita card = free :))

tkin

Back to school!!
yeah, but the physx+CUDA thingy is alluring for my friend (for whom the card is meant). the 6950 is a single-fan one. i guess it cant be unlocked ?!
Worthless, coming from the fastest nVidia card owner, I bought it for the performance, cooling and driver stability, not physx.

mrao

Broken In

Is that grey market pricing? I just asked today at my game shop..and the guy said 19k for wifi...and 24k for the 3g version

tkin

Back to school!!
the circle 'arko' 100W speakers i wrote of. you mean you cannot live WITH good bass and good mids or cannot live WITHOUT ?! :confused:

@ vyral - congrats ! damn good purchase ! did you unlock it yourself or was it done by the previous user ? even am getting two offers for a box-packed zotac GTX560Ti AMP! edition, and one-yr used sapphire HD 6950 2GB cards, both at ~10k. mighty confused as to which one to choose :pullhair:
At 10k? Get both and sell 560Ti for 12k, and keep the 6950.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

You can try your luck with the old fashioned BIOS flashing. But don't blame me if you brick it in the process. ;)

tkin

Back to school!!
Single fan? Does it have a BIOS switch? If so you can try to unlock it, else not. Its plenty fast on its own and at 10k its a steal.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Worthless, coming from the fastest nVidia card owner, I bought it for the performance, cooling and driver stability, not physx.

even i have the same GPU as yours, but i've never used a radeon GPU ever, nor ever bothered to compare nvidias with ATIs/AMDs, so i found even myself in a fix :D
the zotac card is known to consume more power and runs hot too. cant say anything on driver issues of AMD.

At 10k? Get both and sell 560Ti for 12k, and keep the 6950.

good idea ! but the friend is on a real-tight budget :oops:

You can try your luck with the old fashioned BIOS flashing. But don't blame me if you brick it in the process. ;)

Single fan? Does it have a BIOS switch? If so you can try to unlock it, else not. Its plenty fast on its own and at 10k its a steal.

dont know, but switch present or not, its great even at stock-settings.
till now, almost everyone has been recommending to get the 6950 ;)

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
You can safely OC that card to TFIII level (850/1300) for 24/7 use.

i like it !
but see what this review reads at the bottom - 6950 not a good match with intel CPUs ?! :shock:

*www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/p...rds/sapphire-radeon-hd-6950-2gb-958760/review

is there any real-world logical basis to this ?
and we were planning on getting an i3 for him :razz:

@ sarath - badhai ho !! you need to tell us how you got that so cheap ;)

tkin

Back to school!!
i like it !
but see what this review reads at the bottom - 6950 not a good match with intel CPUs ?! :shock:

Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB review | from TechRadar's expert reviews of Graphics cards

is there any real-world logical basis to this ?
and we were planning on getting an i3 for him :razz:

@ sarath - badhai ho !! you need to tell us how you got that so cheap ;)
That's juts a load of BS, its actually faster on Intel platform(no flamewars) due to faster performance of Intel CPUs.

SIDDHARTH.BEAM

Journeyman

Where did u get this cheap ?:shock:
awesome purchase welcome tothe world of 2nd gen of portable gaming devices
well here is my next gen portable gaming device & also willing to add ps vita to my portable gaming devices.:mrgreen:
*img690.imageshack.us/img690/2840/20120301203723.jpg

Top Bottom