Post your latest Purchase

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Re: Post what you purchased.

I ordered Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP Global Media Center Edition TV Tuner card today for Rs 2,200. It is coming on order from chennai & will be here by Wednesday.

I will be using it with Windows Vista Media Center, since I hardly record TV so hardware encoding isn't required. In software encoding my system CPU with assitance with GPU due to UVD & AVIVO I can easily record in WMV format in real time from within the Media Center.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz

^^about the benchmarks, post the 3DMark scores and yeah, games FPS would be much appreciated! :D
And yes, congrats for the card!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

1024X768 2X AA from the ingame settings.

Advanced menu -> Everything set to medium

Advanced system twaks -> Manual editing of cvars like maps & texture precaching etc. Be default it used to use only 800 MB as shown by r_displayinfo, now it is using 1.3 GB approx.

Hustlerr

[Next-Gen]

Yesterday Purchased from Nehru Place

1. Logitech Optical USB Mouse for Rs. 325
2. Logitech Keyboard for Rs. 300
3. Microtek UPS (Double Battery) for Rs. 2450

hailgautam

Youngling

Purchase date: 15th March 2008
Hardware purchased with price: APC 500UPS 2350
Place/retailer details and address: AAA Hardware, Suryakiran Complex
City of Purchase: Hyderabad
Any problems after purchasing, and suggestion for those about to purchase: last time I bought the APC 500 UPS its on/off button broke off.
I being so lazy not to repair it and due to house moving lost the UPS somewhere :(

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Philips HiFi SHP8900 headphones from Planet M for Rs 3,700. I just played UT 3 & Crysis & the richness in audio is superb, also played batman begins to test the Audio in Movies.

*img179.imageshack.us/img179/633/philipsshp8900ll0.th.jpg

*img526.imageshack.us/img526/6936/headphonepackettp0.jpg

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!

@gx_saurav

Saurav da .. awesome purchase man :D

4Meter cable is just good enough to roam around in room ... when u listening to music.

Philips is just good man infact gr8.. ;)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

oh, its a nice feature to have....really helpful while carrying.
I find it very hard to carry my headphone on CS matches...do any sub 1.5k headphone have this feature?

axxo

99.9% Idle

I ordered Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP Global Media Center Edition TV Tuner card today for Rs 2,200. It is coming on order from chennai & will be here by Wednesday.

I will be using it with Windows Vista Media Center, since I hardly record TV so hardware encoding isn't required. In software encoding my system CPU with assitance with GPU due to UVD & AVIVO I can easily record in WMV format in real time from within the Media Center.

just curious..from where you ordered exactly?

darklord

Cyborg Agent

Hi,

Till now i had been using my trusted Seventeam ST600 EAD.To be honest, that thing has handled whatever sort of load i threw at it, Be it Quad @ 4.4-4.5 or 3850 in CF and Quad @ 4.3-4.4 in 3D.
Saying that i am satisfied with it would be an understatement.
Although i knew it would be time to get a better one keeping in mind the upcoming hardware.Not that the Seventeam wouldnt have handled the load but its better to be prepared. ;)

So here it is, Corsair TX750, :)

CORSAIR TX750 PSU

*www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_247ddf5733eeab.jpg *www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_247ddf573e00e7.jpg *www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_247ddf5748d0f1.jpg *www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_247ddf686ed45e.jpg

*www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_247ddf42ab9fe7.jpg *www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_247ddf42b6e51c.jpg *www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_247ddf42c22a4d.jpg *www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_247ddf42ccb1b7.jpg

*www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/imagehost/thumb_247ddf5728f79b.jpg
Due to time constraints, i cant test it right away but i will post back a full test report of this beautiful PSU very soon. ;)

Purchase Price : Rs.7,500/- (All Inclusive)
Purchase place : Pune

Stay Tuned,
Amey

darklord

Cyborg Agent

Thanks man. Although i am happy to get this, it really makes me sad that my Silverstone Zeus 850W cant be revived, that one was a monster.Capable of delivering 1000W too ;)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Nice SMPS for a beast machine, but Rs 7,500 is a lot.

Any good 400W SMPS U can recommend? I m using the Zebronics Platinum 400W right now & it is working flawlessly, but everest is giving wrong readings with whatever SMPS I use, should I keep it as long as I have problems or should I buy something else???

400W is all that I require. I need 260W real power for all the components of my computer.

darklord

Cyborg Agent

If its working fine, leave it. In the future, whenever you are in need of a good PSU, pick up the Corsair VX450W, beauty of a PSU, i am using it in my main Rig.
Costs around 3.6k now, worth every penny i say. The thing is, a GOOD PSU will last you very long and its good for your entire system.Investing in a Good PSU never goes in vain.

Top Bottom