Post your latest Purchase

S_V

In the zone
@Ayuclack

Awesome man...... cool Purchases especially the SMPS.. can we have more detail pictures like unpacking and Installed in system?

@d6bmg
yep. ... Thanks mate

Hello guys....

here it is another one... It's my Gift to my Cousin..(Who's just 17 years old and he's already master in Networking and VMware servers).. Just to encourage him we thought to give some valuable gift on his Birthday... He's always complaining his system running very Hot and worried about Ambient temps too.. He always runs his system with AC on still it touchs 65-70 for normal tasks too....

Offtopic: Sandy Bridge are very cool processors but not with default stock fans. They suck especially for Indian Climates...

Enough now... Lets go to matter now....

Corsair H60
Price: 4200
Place : Hyderabad (CTC,secunderabad, Arun Computers)

Sorry for Bad Quality.... Taken with cell and in hurry but still i would like to share about this wonderful Piece of Hardware...

As usual Solid Boxing...
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/sunil_9/1-5.jpg

Safely Done packing.
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/sunil_9/2-4.jpg

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/sunil_9/21.jpg

Fan from Corsair is very Heavy and Bulking...

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/sunil_9/22.jpg

Before installing I cleaned his cabby...
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/sunil_9/3-2.jpg

Installing is piece of cake...
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/sunil_9/4-1.jpg

Little Close up shot of Pump... Actually very easy Mechanism too install in any PC.
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/sunil_9/5-1.jpg

Finally Cable Management Left to do now...

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/sunil_9/6.jpg

Now Some Short Review .... Pictures should tell you everything.....

This H60 is awesome for this Processors.... I bought him this cooler becoz my Uncle is Planning to Buy i5 2500k this New year to him.. So he can overclock too...

Config:
Intel i5 2400
Intel DH67BL
Vid card: Nvidia 8400 GS 512mb ( Becoz of OnBoard Video Issues)
Corsair CX 430 Watts.
HDD 1TB, 650GB Black, 250GBx2 Raid 0
Win 7 64Bit.......

Room Temp: 22c

Remember ALL the Tests Ran with Just 65% Fan speed which is controlled through SpeedFan... Considering that these Results are awesome.... At 100% , Results are fabulous but FAN sound is worst.....damn it Corsair didn't really learned that from previous Releases..

Temps while Winrar Benchmark.....

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/sunil_9/Winrar.jpg

Temps While Doing CineBench and running VMWAREs alternatively....

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/sunil_9/CineBench_E.jpg

Now Running....Brutal Stress Program.....

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/sunil_9/IntelBrun.jpg

Also...we did Tested with i5 750 @4GHZ... Wow...Temps are very impressive ...Top it reached is just 64 while doing IBT at Room Temp 25c..... Sorry for No Screenshots... I have no time further...

This is one Awesome cooler for sure......

Conlusion:

Positive:

1. Awesome Hydro Cooler considering the TEMPs....
2. Very Light Weight product..Especially the RAD.
3. Very Very Very easy Mechanism to Install. This way we can clean it at Regular intervals without being worried about Time. I installed this unit in just 10mins.... including Fan installation and Back plate setup....
(Especially my H70,, Installing is very awkward and time taking process).
4. Enough Tube Length to Run over from TOP anywhere.
5. Zero Maintenance
6. Wide Compatibility.
7. Very solid Looks and positive appeal.
8. Build quality is awesome and Tubes feel Bit hard to bend but they do fine at any angles.

Negative:

1. Stock Fan from Corsair is Loud. (Remember it does perform top Notch at Full speed, But with less db like 65% is silent and performs very well too)
2. Little overprice.
3. Should have given two Fans at least for this price..

Hope everyone are fine with these many Images....

Bye for Now,,,,
S_V

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@S_V nice review.
BTW I have some questions.
1. Is the fan connected is push or pull configuration?
2. Is there a better/silent fan which can be used with the radiator.

d3p

PowerHouse
@S_V nice review.

If you are using two fans on each side of the radiator then its called Push Pull Config AFAIK.

In that case one fan will be inhale & other one will be exhaust.

*blog.corsair.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Push-pull-image.png

Noctua's are bettter in terms of silent, Static Pressure. So can be considered.

Replies inline in bold

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Replies inline in bold

I think he wanted to know if the fan is working as an exhaust or intake. Because if I remember correctly, the fan of H50 was used as intake by default that is blowing on radiator rather than blowing away from it.

S_V

In the zone
Nice Review

nice pics n review

Thank you guys...

@S_V nice review.

1. The Fan direction is intake.... It's recommended by Corsair as well as it performs better like that... So I used one Side Door 120mm Fan as outtake.. That way...Hot air from RAD will not stay inside cabinet....
2. NF-P12 - Noctua are the best Fans... They have better static pressure so even in less rpm they do perform very well.. Scythe Fans perform better unfortunately they are not available in India... Still Corsair at Full RPM performs better than all these fans but Sound is the issues...

@S_V, nice review and nice pics as always.

@S_V: nice review!!

Thanks to Both of you....

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek
Hey Friends,
I ordered a laptop Samsung Series 3 NP300V5A-S06IN Laptop (Dual Tone Silver-Black) from letsbuy for 38500 - 1000 (Discount Coupon) also i will get ADATA 4GB Pendrive & Norton Antivirus.

Here is the link:
Buy Samsung Series 3 NP300V5A-S06IN Laptop (Dual Tone Silver-Black) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

*i.imgur.com/UuTTD.png

Here are the specs:

• Intel Core i5 2430M
• 4GB RAM
• 640 GB 5400RPM Hard Disk
• 15.6" HD LED Screen
• Nvidia Geforce GT 520MX 1GB
• Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Last edited:

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
@S_V: Hydro Coolers

You really make me jealous! With a number of members going the liquid-cooler way in the recent months, I am now beginning to regret investing in high-end (?) air-cooling for my CPU.:banghead: It is pretty good, but in no way comparable to the coolers you guys are using. I spent about 4.5k, but another 2K and I would have been much better off!:(

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
^ Don't under estimate that Noctua U12P, that also can take a trip to 3.8 to 4G without any hickups. But make sure you have some good Thermal Heatsink Paste/Compound.

Next is the RAM's. Otherwise no issues with your config.

S_V

In the zone
@S_V: Hydro Coolers

You really make me jealous! With a number of members going the liquid-cooler way in the recent months, I am now beginning to regret investing in high-end (?) air-cooling for my CPU.:banghead: It is pretty good, but in no way comparable to the coolers you guys are using. I spent about 4.5k, but another 2K and I would have been much better off!:(

Don't Worry mate... Next time when you want to go for new Coolers.. You can consider for Hydro Coolers.. But to be Honest you Cooler will serve you very well in the coming years... Noctua is very good.....

What's the Temp you are getting from your i7 ... Remember it's 130watts TDP processor so basically it runs very Hot compared to new generation processors...

BTW... That Noctua is costlier than Corsair H60?

Top Bottom