Post your latest Purchase

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Re: Post what you purchased.

congrats for ur laptop... i only wise u have no problem with it in future.. for the compaq service sucks

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner

Though this purchase was already there on the first page, I moved it here because of the Queries etc... and the driver download guide.

janitha said:
Is it true that 7200.10 series are perpendicular recording ones and hence better? Also whether they are available? I want to know since my HDD is 80 GB only.
7200.10 has a perpendicular recording technology by Seagate, but we do not yet know if this makes it faster, the advantage of perpendicular recording is that it makes making high capacity drives possible(1 Terabyte), and Seagate says it increases data reliability, claims are yet to be tested.

Last edited:

anarchy0x

In the zone

iball 5 button black cat mouse for Rs 450 ... awesome mouse BUT sucks while gaming!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Can anybody tell me what is the price of a "intel 865 chipset based mobo with 8x agp slot" and where I can find it in Kolkata. Regards in Advance

ajayashish

Living to Succeed

8X AGP slot... well due if this is a old model u can always try at

Savera Marketing Agency Ltd.
1 Ganesh Chandra avenue
Ground floor.
Kol

Ph. 22250149/2253

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner

hailgautam said:
There's a Chandini Chowk at kolkata as well??
well yeah, there is, and all the stuff's there in chandni chowk in kolkata.

BTW, should this thread be sticky?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

ajayashish said:

1 Ganesh Chandra avenue
Ground floor.
Kol

Ph. 22250149/2253

Are they bfor 478 Pin based processor coz my proc is 478 pinn based 2.4 GHz one

Here I wish to share a bad experiance with that FUC**NG/Fuc**r Reliance India Mobile
service. I mainly used my Rim prepaid phone for accessing internet between
10pm-6am which is Rs. 0.25 per minute. On 4 th january I top up my account
with Rs. 110 (Phone to Phone Recharge) from which I got talktime(ie usage time) of

Rs.95. On 14th jan the account balance after usage was Rs.3.71. So in the night I went

for top up my account and top up the account with Rs.100 by a top up card in the top
of the card there was written "Playsmart" after that the pin number. I told the the

guy from whom I bought it to top up my account and he do it in front of me. After

successful recharge I got a message telling me that"My account balance is Rs. 92.71.
There was no pending banace in my account.

On 15-01-2006 ie today morning I got a sms telling me that my account balance is only

Rs. 4.21. I was shocked and surprised and ask Reliance customer service about it. They

told me that the card from which I recharged was all right and money was cut off from
my account due to pending. I puzzled by hearing this.

Previously I have got same experiance when I top up my account with Rs. 25 top up card

on the top which there was written "Playsmart". With which I top up my account and got

Rs.22 and the balace drop down to rs.2 in about 18 minutes. I went to the guy from

which I bought it and they said they cann't do anything and suggetested me to contact

the customer care. I got the same response mentioned above from their customer care.

Last edited:
OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner

I've myself had bad experiences with reliance in the early days, they would generate false bills, but I'm using reliance postpaid DAPO till date, as they are using a superior tech, they have to put less effort for better services, and inspite of this they manage to screw things up. But lately I've seen relicance providing better services as airtel/hutch quality is going down, Idea seems to be strong though.

kumarmohit

Technomancer

~ LG DVD-ROM (Dont recall the price) (Problem - Tray tumbling already) followed by
~ 256 MB DDR RAM (Rs 1200) (No Problems) followed by
~ Blue tooth Dongle (Rs. 400) (Dead in 6-8 months)
~ 80 GB Hitachi Hard Drive (Rs 1950) ( Slowed Down WinXP due to just 2MB cache) followed by
~ MMC reader (Rs. 200 ) ( First unit was dud, had to get replaced )and 512 MB DVRS MMC (No Problems)

And to end the year - A Compaq C303 TU Notebook on 7 December (Rs 39000 tax paid) (The volume buttons wont work in Linux And why the F&#* cant they provide a Driver Disk) followed by
~ A Zebronics Optical Mouse (Rs 175) (No Problems)

(I also got a Win XP Home OEM license (Rs. 3600 ) (Problems - Do I need to mention) but on the 2nd Jan 2007 for new laptop)

Every thing was bought in Delhi

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl

"Problems - Do I need to mention" ?
Activation? Isn't it very simple?
Updating? Not a problem if you have BB!
anything else?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

ajayashish said:

1 Ganesh Chandra avenue
Ground floor.
Kol

Ph. 22250149/2253

Are they for 478 pin based processor? coz i have one 478 pin based 2.4GHz one

abhipal

Journeyman

sam9s said:
Same with me my Bluetooth dongle (300/-) dies in 6-8 months. It was from IVT Bluesoil. It this some kind of a generic problem.
There can be problem in one or two. I don't have any problem with my dongle

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

Kniwor said:
Item: Two Seagate 80Gb SATA 7200.9 HDD @ 1900+vat each
Problem/Suggestion: Got HDD's for raid, My 400Gb collapsed today, thankfully I was able to save data.

Within 1yr?? :shock: :roll:

Roy.7986

Right off the assembly line

paul_007 said:
hardwares purchased:
p4 2.8 GHz dual core cpu ----> Rs 4280
intel 946 GZIS original mobo ----> Rs 4800
512 MB DDR2 667Mhz RAM ----> Rs 3200
80 GB samsung HDD -------> Rs 2000
XFX 7600 GT , 256 mb ------> Rs 10,200
samsung 18 X dual layer DVD writer ---> Rs 2100
Cabinet ... with exhuast fan and side cooling + 450 W PSU ---> Rs 1150

Place of purchase ...... comnet vision...nehru place...new delhi

no problems with this hardware

@paul can u tell me date of ur purchase coz i m planing to buy a similar config for myself.

abhipal

Journeyman

Don't any of you guys want to buy Core 2 Duo.

What is the price of Intel E6600 and D965RY Intel motherboard.

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner

Date 14/jan/07
item microsoft USB mouse
400+vat
Jain computer, chandni chowk, kolkata

Top Bottom