Post your latest Purchase

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Re: Post what you purchased.

@s18000rpm: dOOd! Don't go for that cab. It may look good, but for 5k you can get a bettter Antec Plusview AMG 1000 or Antec Performance TX ...Theses cases are excellent! They have lots of space...good airflow.. And are really spacious....So managing cables also won't be a prob.

If you want the ultimate case then go for CM Stacker 830! It costs something like 12k but really worth it high-end rigs.

Also if you want yo buy the cab..check if its spacious....and plz Performance comes before looks! :)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

samrulez said:
Also if you want yo buy the cab..check if its spacious....and plz Performance comes before looks! :)
i rely on that too.

Antec has Air Filters, Cooling capacity - up to 5 x 80mm fans, & lot of stuffs, but what's the cost?

best thing about the Vento is its really sexy :D

the red one frm front looks like Ferrari Enzo.

i'll be @ Chennai this month end, i'll search for both of these. i'm selling my Nokia 6600 (just got it frm bro) to my frnd for 7k. i'll see which one fits in budget, coz i've to buy a 120/160GB HDD too. (Hitachi Deskstar)

gmanog

Journeyman

s18000rpm said:
In Chennai, try @ Richie Street. (mount road), cost will be Rs.5000+

Hey :p
I Know that it may be in Richie Street, I am a regular shopper there, what I wanted to know is, do you know any specific shop or dealer?

I would like to buy that ferrari like cabinet if its about 5,000 Rs. But I rember reading in a magazine that it costs above 10,000 rs, thats why I wanted to confirm the price.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

i know of Game Shops but not PC vendors :D, sorry pal, but you'll have to explore there. if you find ASUS then do inform me. :)

hey you can also check @ Spencer's Plaza. that place could hav these cool lookin cabinets. (most probably you may find it there).

just found Antec AMG 1000 price-> 3.5k
*img441.imageshack.us/img441/6826/antecpp1000amg1hkt9.th.jpg
link-> techenclave forums

hailgautam

Youngling

1. Purchase date: October 14th Received November 2nd
2. Hardware purchased with price.: Dell Inspiron 6400 Approx 53K
3. Place/retailer details and address: Dell, On phone
4. City of Purchase.: Not Applicable
5. What other products you considered.(If possible, why you selected the current product.): Compatible products from Acer, HP, Lenevo, also Dell Inspiron 640m. (I chose this product because it was the least expensive of all of them, at the advertised prices, and also I did not know any one retailer to purchase a laptop from.)
6. Any problems after purchasing, and suggestion for those about to purchase.: None, Once a key came out, but just affixed it myself.:D

ajayashish

Living to Succeed

hailgautam said:
1. Purchase date: October 14th Received November 2nd
2. Hardware purchased with price.: Dell Inspiron 6400 Approx 53K
3. Place/retailer details and address: Dell, On phone
4. City of Purchase.: Not Applicable
5. What other products you considered.(If possible, why you selected the current product.): Compatible products from Acer, HP, Lenevo, also Dell Inspiron 640m. (I chose this product because it was the least expensive of all of them, at the advertised prices, and also I did not know any one retailer to purchase a laptop from.)
6. Any problems after purchasing, and suggestion for those about to purchase.: None, Once a key came out, but just affixed it myself.:D

dude... do remember if u can then extend ur warrentty... they have one of the best customer service i have ever experienced.. i have a Dell 1705E

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner

topgear said:
Suggestions/Problems after Purchase: BUYERS BEWARE

First for the cabinet: There was only 19 cables instead of 20 on the PSU
that came with the cabinet. So I bought it to the frontech service center and
asked for a replacement. They refused do do so and repaired it and gave it
back to me with 19 cables again! and said that it was all right. When I told
them that it will not run and asked them to test it in front of me they refused to do so.

Second For the PSU: The PSU burnt out on 27th Nov and I gave it back to the
frontech dealer located at jadunath Rd. near yagayog bhavan. After some days
later they repaired it gave it back to me and 2 days later it burnt again.
I went again to the dealer hoping that they would replace it but they
repaired it and after 7 days it burnt out again.I lost trust on their fU@@@ng
customer service. The retailer SABOO is also a fraud and cheater said that
they have no liability for that. B*ll S**t on them. Now I have lost every
hope on Frontech product and their customer service and same as for Saboo
Computer and I am eager to kick their A**. So Buyers Beware.

Can ne1 tell me where i can find a 500W or above Adcom psu in kolkata and if
I can run a Geforce 6600 AGP graphics card on my mobo (For the gfx card plz.
told me only if U have seen running a Geforce 6600 on a 845gl+4xAgp based
board without any problem).

Kniwor Thank you very much for starting a useful topic like this.

That's disgusting man, one cant even laugh at the situation, frontech sucks we know, and thanks for info that saboo also sucks, I went to them recently for getting my laptop, but they quoted high prices. Anyhow these are the places I've been getting things from, these are small retailers...

small retailers in kolkata "highly competitive/great support", I dont know exact adress, I'll post later

1. BMS Infosolutions, near hotel embassy, chandni chowk, kolkata
2. Jain Computers, Biplabi street, chandni chowk, kolkata
3. Vedant Infosys, near Jain Computers, (50M distance), chandni chowk

I've mostly got things from first two, jain mostly, so much so that even if you mention my name "Rohit Patel" they'll recognise (maybe this can help you with support, they cant refuse me to replace things, I am a big customer to loose... Hell i got things replaced from them that my friends bought from other shops in kolkata...lol...I got like 5-7lacks things from them, and get PC's regularly). And they offer good prices.

A little info about retailers:
The owner of "Jain Computers-- Sandeep", is technically a very sound person, more than you will imagine from my post here, just try to talk to him about processor architectures/cooling/whatever... and u'll know, as it seems he is owner of the "chirag" brand in kolkata, a local PC brand, so u better talk to him.
The guys are "BMS Infosolutions--Rishab" and "Vedant Infosys -- Rohit" seem salesmen, but who cares, we have the info, they have the price/support.

I'll post the adress later after enquiring, as i dont have any info on them, so if u guys want just let mw know.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Thanks guys your replies and suggestions.

Last edited:

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

s18000rpm said:
i know of Game Shops but not PC vendors :D, sorry pal, but you'll have to explore there. if you find ASUS then do inform me. :)

hey you can also check @ Spencer's Plaza. that place could hav these cool lookin cabinets. (most probably you may find it there).

just found Antec AMG 1000 price-> 3.5k
*img441.imageshack.us/img441/6826/antecpp1000amg1hkt9.th.jpg
link-> techenclave forums

The guys is selling his old cabby....it is used...It ain't brand new... Besides its not for sale anymore ..A brand new will cost you about 5.5k.... but really worth it... ;)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

@sam9s, i guess i confused you, sorry.

its the old problem. i still havent been able to use the new mobo & RAM (to see whether that RAM works or not).

i did connect the mobo+RAM +Display, but when i turned ON the main power(switch), the cpu fan spinned for a moment, & after turning the CPU switch ON, NO Effect.

NO Beeps or anything, b'coz in m/b manual, its stated "if we use a non supported RAM, m/b will beep THREE times".

i was getting scared (as i'm not pro), as the PSU & mobo were not even earthed.
So i just backed-Off at that moment.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain

@ s18000rpm
I was looking for this GIGABYTE 3D AURORA 570 cabby but was not able to find it in Kolkata, maybe you could search at you place and see if it is available.
See its review here *www.guru3d.com/article/cases/387/

vinyas

In the zone

where i can Find these ?

*www.chieftec.com/products/Workcolor/CX.htm

any where in Chennai Or Bangalore OK

help Out dudes

vinyas

In the zone

sam9s said:
Below are there distributers, why dont you call them up by your self and ask for the sales location for your area.

India Distributor
Arihant informatique Pvt. Ltd.
Tel: +91-22-2382 2424
Fax: +91-22-2389 1815
E-mail: abhishek@arihant.net.in
*www.arihantcomputers.org

they Dont Respond to mail ... they Dont asnwser the Phone Properly & Dont give the Answers ... hope somebody can Help Out

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

@Vinyas, those models look similar to Antec ones, imho it would be better to go for Antec model, as they are really Functional.

hailgautam

Youngling

@ajayashish Yes, you can extend the warranty by calling their customer care. I had it confirmed it at the time of buying. Also When I had once called, Buying Extended Warranty was on the IVR menu.*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?u=21299

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner

Purchase Date: 13/01/07

Item: Two Seagate 80Gb SATA 7200.9 HDD @ 1900+vat each
XFX 6200 128Mb @ 2300+vat
Retailer : Fashion Computers, chandni chowk , kolkata
Other products considered : 7300GS
Problem/Suggestion: Got HDD's for raid, My 400Gb collapsed today, thankfully I was able to save data.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

john_the_ultimate said:
@ s18000rpm
I was looking for this GIGABYTE 3D AURORA 570 cabby but was not able to find it in Kolkata, maybe you could search at you place and see if it is available.
See its review here *www.guru3d.com/article/cases/387/
sorry for late reply.

that link did not work.

wow, this cabby looks nice too :D
*img207.imageshack.us/img207/2070/chassisproductimagegzfarq8.th.jpg
havent seen this cabby in Richie Street(chennai).

i'll tell you its availability @ Chennai in February.
meanwhile you can inquire thru Phone.

GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY (INDIA) LIMITED (Distributor)‧
‧ Address : Plot No.5, Bandra-Kurla Complex Road, Off. CST Road, Santacruz(E)

‧ TEL : 91-22-26526696 / 91-22-30616666
‧ FAX : 91-22-26528914
‧ WEB Address : *www.gigabyte.in/

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl

Kniwor said:
Purchase Date: 13/01/07

Item: Two Seagate 80Gb SATA 7200.9 HDD @ 1900+vat each
XFX 6200 128Mb @ 2300+vat
Retailer : Fashion Computers, chandni chowk , kolkata
Other products considered : 7300GS
Problem/Suggestion: Got HDD's for raid, My 400Gb collapsed today, thankfully I was able to save data.

Is it true that 7200.10 series are perpendicular recording ones and hence better? Also whether they are available? I want to know since my HDD is 80 GB only.

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner

Ok, I have people asking about the drivers for 3155, so I though I'd better post it here and also how to download.

DATE:

02/01/2007'

ITEMS:
Compaq Presario V3155AU Notebook - 34500
Specs: AMD Turion 2.0Ghz
Nvidia nforce 6150 integrated graphics.
512Mb DDR2 667
80Gb HDD
WiFi/lan/card reader
512 Mb Transcend 667Mhz DDR2 Laptop RAM - 3650

Retailer:
BMS Infosolutions
Chandni Chowk

City:
Kolkata

Other Products considered:

Compaq Presario V3137 - Rejected because little costly and with WINXP OS inbuilt. I mainly wanted to use Linux.

Lenovo A-35 - Rejected for same reason as above

Also this helped me decide.

*forums.amd.com/index.php?showtopic=89173

Problems/Suggestions:

Had a hell of problem finding the drivers for audio and chipset, HP website does not list all the drivers and read many forums but no help. Finally found them in HP's ftp server. a post on sum forum helped, i cant find it now. but ask me if u plan on getting one and have similar driver problems.

How to download from HP's ftp server:
the ftp is "ftp://ftp.hp.com"
all the files that I am talking about here are present in "ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/"

all the files are named with numbers, like sp33549.exe, sp33471.exe etc... kept in folders in groups of 500, for example al folder named "sp33501-34000" will contain any file named between sp33501.exe - sp34000.exe. so if u want to download suppose sp33549.exe, it lies between sp33501-sp34000, so go to folder sp33501-34000 and u will find the file, in this case "ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33549.exe" will be the file. Now below is what u have to download.

The drivers:
I suggest you download and install them in the order they are mentioned here, you cannot just install the last thing first, or things will not work.

1. nVidia nForce chipset driver
sp33031.exe

2. nVidia GeForce Go 6150 Graphics Driver
sp33549.exe

3. AMD Processor update for Windows XP
sp33499.exe

4. Microsoft UAA Bus driver for high definition audio
sp32646.exe

5. Conexant High definition audio
sp33470.exe

6. Conexant HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax model with SmartCP driver
sp33839.exe

7. Ricoh 5-in-1 card reader host controller and driver
sp33020.exe

8. Broadcom wireless LAN driver
sp34152.exe

9. Synaptics Touchpad
sp33751.exe
Here ends the necessary drivers for V3155, but let me complete the list for all Compaq Presario V3000/V3100 series notebooks.

9. Software and Drivers for HP integrated module with Bluetooth
sp32883.exe

11. Yuan EC300 DVB-T TV tuner driver
sp33703.exe

Other utilities for these laptops

-> HP Battery check
sp32299.exe

->HP Quick launch buttons
sp33035.exe

-> HP Wireless Assistant
sp33575.exe

-> System Default settings
sp32784.exe

I hope this helps all the V3000/V3100 series users there. You can ask any questions u have.

Last edited:
Top Bottom