Post your latest Purchase

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Scythe Kaze Server Fan Controller. @ RS 2800 (with shipping)

• 4x Fan control
  • Switchs fans off
  • 4x thermal monitoring (configurable)
  • Automatic/manual/semi thermal control (configurable)
  • Over heat sound alert
A decent fan controller, with the ability to switch the fans off. Really like this functionality. Only negative was that the thermal tape did not work. Used normal electrical tape to bind the diodes to the junction points (PSU/RAM?NB/CPU HSF).

*img146.imageshack.us/img146/3356/1000899l.jpg
*img686.imageshack.us/img686/9513/1000892y.jpg
*img28.imageshack.us/img28/5663/1000896.jpg
*img686.imageshack.us/img686/9151/1000907x.jpg

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Scythe Kaze Server Fan Controller. @ RS 2800 (with shipping)

• 4x Fan control
  • Switchs fans off
  • 4x thermal monitoring (configurable)
  • Automatic/manual/semi thermal control (configurable)
  • Over heat sound alert
A decent fan controller, with the ability to switch the fans off. Really like this functionality. Only negative was that the thermal tape did not work. Used normal electrical tape to bind the diodes to the junction points (PSU/RAM?NB/CPU HSF).

*img146.imageshack.us/img146/3356/1000899l.jpg
*img686.imageshack.us/img686/9513/1000892y.jpg
*img28.imageshack.us/img28/5663/1000896.jpg
*img686.imageshack.us/img686/9151/1000907x.jpg

nice purchase. the price a bit high but with such good functionality, one shouldn't argue about it. ordered from where? Amarbir bhaya's showroom, LYNX?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
It was a GO at TE. Well it is Scythe. And most fan controllers I had researched were in this range. The NZXT Sentry is even more expensive. Prior to this, I had a 4x OEM controller from Lynx (was just roller controls with no OFF function), it cra$$ed out in like 4 months. This is much better. Lynx does not stock Scythe.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^
It was a GO at TE. Well it is Scythe. And most fan controllers I had researched were in this range. The NZXT Sentry is even more expensive. Prior to this, I had a 4x OEM controller from Lynx (was just roller controls with no OFF function), it cra$$ed out in like 4 months. This is much better. Lynx does not stock Scythe.

yah seen the OEM controllers at lynx. so the Scythe controller looked a bit high. anyway congrats. also it looks cool. matches your CM 690 perfectly.

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
Great purchase asigh...
A fan controller is a must nowadays...Does anyone know what's the price of the NZXT Sentry and the NZXT Sentry 2 ???

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
@asigh
Is the NZXT Sentry 2 a good fan controller ???, coz i want to buy a fan controller and i don't know about whether i should go for this or can u suggest something better than that ??

Cheers,
sid_gamer

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
@official..

OMG you have a PS3 beside ur PC rig.O__o

Damn,m envious.
Ur PC is good though.:)
BTW poor cable management I must say.
:p

official

In the zone
ma room is real small... ur right the cable management is really poor..:(..didn't get enough time to set up properly

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@Sid_gamer:

Depends how many fans you want to control. Do you want the capability to switch the fan of completely. (The NZXT 2 can do it too).

Only difference I see from the Scythe one I have, the NZXT is touchscreen and looks slightly more jazzy, if you like the look vs what I have. Also the Scythe Kaze server is like 700 bucks more. I liked the manual knobs. Most reviews I read for NZXT 2 were satisfactory.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

ma room is real small... ur right the cable management is really poor..:(..didn't get enough time to set up properly

Though this is not the best of cable management. But I took out the plastic cable holders, and tucked most of the wires under the HDD cage, and the 5 1/2" bays. Makes it better. Slight mess, cause of the 4x fan controller and thermal diode wires. But when I look into the transparent CM690 panel, all is nice and clear. Also try if you can route cables from behind the right side back side. There is a nice cut where the PSU base is mounted, connectors can be pushed through and pulled back.
*img534.imageshack.us/img534/431/1000909k.jpg

official

In the zone
@ asigh.. im taking ma time coz i may buy a new card ..and then i'll adjust the cables.
and u hav said it correctly..once u put that side window it' amazing to look at if u hav cool led fans.
wats that cpu cooler??...its friggin awesome O__0 :p
is it for 775 socket?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hyper 212. Fits to:

Intel Socker LGA 775, 1156, 1366
AMD Socket 939, AM2 and AM3[FONT=verdana,geneva][/FONT]

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ asigh, good cable management. so many cables still managed well. the sleeved cables really helpful in such filled up cases. 2 things.

1. the space between 1st top fan & the HSF is next to 0. isn't it causing any hindrance? from the pic it looks the HFS's fins touching the fan.

2. theres a bottom fan, next to the PSU. its exhaust or intake. moreover it situated at the middle, it does any work at all? or you kept it cause you got it for free & no space to install? :smile:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^
I had wanted to get a sleeving kit, to sleeve the fan controller wires, but it is not available in India.

Answers to above:

1. Yes there is a space of around 1.5" between the HSF and fan. Probably when I put in the water cooling kit, will remove those top two exhausts fans. They hard do much. But yes they spin.

2. Intake fan. Yes it works.

Parry Buddy

Right off the assembly line
I have been searching all the forums to post a question, but no topic is there for Modem related questions. So i am gonna put my question here.

I have BSNL Broadband and modem is type-II ZTE ZXDSL 531B(with wi-fi)
I want to connect wi-fi on my PSP-3001. Everytime I try to do so it gives error.
Can somebody plz help me with this.....

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
My brother went to uk and bought the following:

1.I POD TOUCH 32GB
2.BOSE I POD DOCK
3.NINTENDO Wii (black) with wii motion plus controller.

Will post the pictures soon.

Top Bottom