Post your latest Purchase

Gollum

Collector
Bike deserves it! :D
Yamaha's which bike? R1? If you like bikes, I don't think you would be driving your car in traffic! :p
Make a separate thread for it and post some sexy pics dude!

I don't ride my bike in traffic either. I have a scooty for that.
I'm still learning to drive the car better. So I go for midnight drives near areas where I can practice without fear.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I'm still learning to drive the car better. So I go for midnight drives near areas where I can practice without fear.
So let me get this straight. You bought a new awesome bike but you already had a scooty for commuting, but you also have a car that you still don't know how to drive properly.
Nice bro!

hotshot05

I luv Digit
If you go for midnight drives, you will never gain confidence.
Drive in the morning after you are confident of changing gears and using clutch, brake properly (assuming you are complete n00b). Start at around 7am and drive till 9am on Saturday/sunday. Saturday will have moderate traffic and on sunday you can learn the road well as traffic will be sparse.
Also try to choose routes which have quite a few number of left or right turns and roundabouts.

This is what I am doing to learn driving.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Gollum

Collector
So let me get this straight. You bought a new awesome bike but you already had a scooty for commuting, but you also have a car that you still don't know how to drive properly.
Nice bro!

The Bike was my Dream, so was the car.
Currently Scooty is a necessity, Car is a sort of future requirement and Bike is Swag :D

If you go for midnight drives, you will never gain confidence.
Drive in the morning after you are confident of changing gears and using clutch, brake properly (assuming you are complete n00b). Start at around 7am and drive till 9am on Saturday/sunday. Saturday will have moderate traffic and on sunday you can learn the road well as traffic will be sparse.
Also try to choose routes which have quite a few number of left or right turns and roundabouts.

This is what I am doing to learn driving.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
The area that I practiced has half of the area that is deserted and another part is a loop, Half of the loop is full of traffic and the other half as barely any traffic.
Also the loop has elevation change. This allows me to come to a stop at an incline and practice starting from an incline and merge into traffic and also cross a whole road while changing gears to join the other side of the divider.
I'm writing this after reaching office (14km) for the first time in my car and after the first refueling.

I was not planning to bring it to office but the children of the Laborers who live near my rented apartment have started throwing stones etc on my car.
(car is safe as I kept it covered properly with a good car cover)
My waifu was furious yesterday evening after seeing this and shooed those kids away. (Her peace of mind was totally destroyed)
I decided to park the car at the office for the time being as we cannot keep a watch on the car all the time and office parking is safe.

Having a semi night shift kind of work gave me another idea. I can now come early to work and take my car out for a drive to continue my practice.
Later I can take a break from work and drive around in the morning.
Once, I shift to a new place with a good parking, I will take the car away. Till then its staying at its new temp home.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Discussion went too far. Continue here: *geek.digit.in/community/threads/gollum-figurine-discussion.204531/

Gollum

Collector

Got my helmet, Steelbird SBA-1

That's a seriously weak helmet bro.
Since you have already bought it, I suggest you to only use it within city in slow traffic situations.

Get a better helmet, Studds Scorpion(cheap but DOT certified) is a good alternative which is not very expensive.
If you are willing to spend 5-10k, you can get a better helmets which have way better comfort and safety rating.

Congrats on your new Bike. Buy a cover.
That Black catches dust very easily.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
That's a seriously weak helmet bro.
Since you have already bought it, I suggest you to only use it within city in slow traffic situations.

Get a better helmet, Studds Scorpion(cheap but DOT certified) is a good alternative which is not very expensive.
If you are willing to spend 5-10k, you can get a better helmets which have way better comfort and safety rating.

Congrats on your new Bike. Buy a cover.
That Black catches dust very easily.
You may be right, I didnt research much on helmet before buying. Just saw it was top selling on amazon, hence bought. I may change it in a few months or so, if what you say is true.
Regarding Bike cover, that too ordered. waiting to receive it :D

D

Deleted member 118788

I have got more benefit today for this laptop purchase. Paytm had sent some coupons with the coupon code used for the cashback. They were not applying before but they have started working today. I have got the following coupons.

Grocery 600 Cashback for 2 months = Rs. 1200
Mobile Recharge = Rs. 500
Laptop Bag = Rs. 1200
Flight Tickets = 2x750 cashback = Rs. 1500
Movies 300 Cashback for 2 months = 600

I have used the grocery coupon today to buy 2kg Bournvita today for Rs. 650 and got Rs. 600 cashback. I have also used the recharge coupon today and got Rs. 500 cashback.

Forgot to add in the previous post that I'll be claiming input credit benefit in GST as the above laptop expense is a business expense.

GST refund should be around Rs. 4000

-4000 (GST benefit)
-1200 (Grocery Paytm)
-500 (Recharge Paytm)
-600 (Movie Tickets Paytm)
-1200 (Laptop Bag Paytm)

= 11089 (Net Cost)

@Vyom Bank cashback is on list price as @whitestar_999 explained.

I am sorry to clutter the thread with multiple posts. I could not resist sharing more about this. I was able to use the grocery code second time for more benefits instead of the mentioned Rs 600 cashback. I had order Ghee worth Rs. 2895 and got the same amount as cashback. Please check the screenshot here. *dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hujwxeasl9rochx/firefox_2018-11-13_09-36-49.png

My net cost of this laptop falls to Rs. 8794. Turned out to be the deal of the year!!!

Keep looting the Indian startups who are just wasting Investors money. They don't know the Indian consumers properly yet. Indian consumers will change their preferred shopping platform/site in no time if a new platform is providing better discount. There is no thing called as customer stickiness in India.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Well PayTM has a very unethical business policy and they gained direct support from gormint after demo. I have no sympathy for them.

I wholeheartedly respect amazon however, never tried to screw with them. Always respected their rules and they respected mine.

Top Bottom