Post your latest Purchase

avanildutta

Journeyman
Damages and source?

What points made you select this model?
16,800/-
Well wanted to try 144hz.. As i mostly play online games.. Well posted a query in a number of forums.. Most suggested the LG one.. Saw few comparisons in youtube.. And thats it made my decision. Besides at 16.8k it was a steal deal too.. Btw got from paytm.. And got 20% CB and since thankfully too RBI monthly paytm limit was set at 20k.. So they decided to send my CB in my bank account rather than my paytm wallet.. Which made it even sweeter.

Sent from my CP8676_I02 using Tapatalk

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
New Oil, Super smooth and silent compared to Mobil
*i.imgur.com/WempVoA.jpg
====
Cabinet arrived! See how compact
*i.imgur.com/jpFSyzy.jpg
*i.imgur.com/DcnIQP7.jpg
*i.imgur.com/rYOChMp.jpg
====
No time to play with these
*i.imgur.com/51uQ9X2.jpg
====
For Gigaset a490 Cordless phone, used sony and eneloops and all gone bad
*i.imgur.com/BdXyu1y.jpg
====
2x of these digital inverters, better than branded ones, 1kva 12v, comes with LCD display and solar
*i.imgur.com/X0LHmdu.jpg
====
I configured the components for my BIL. 1 lakh rig. i7 6700
*i.imgur.com/Tuk8nFH.jpg
*i.imgur.com/xwhws67.png
====
got black ink too
*i.imgur.com/yUGKGtg.jpg
===
did a trial and it gave 4 signal strength for a 0.3 km distance LOS...maybe i need to adjust, will post after installing completely
*i.imgur.com/nsSKIed.jpg
*i.imgur.com/vMBKpyJ.jpg
*i.imgur.com/XntU2u6.jpg
*i.imgur.com/GbHWgnI.jpg
===
16gb ram, 960m, i7 6700hq, 128gb ssd + 1tb hdd, 15" Touch Screen, 60Wh battery..

*i.imgur.com/Vd2MTWs.jpg...
y700 - is it okay to get this at this time, 985$, from US, or should have brought any other laptop?

Last edited:

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Holushot! What a insane looking laptop(for that price)! Awesome!

Dell 7559 was there, due to build quality i didn't consider it. only plus is a big battery
Asus Strix GL502, Overheating and plastic build

y700 has a glossy display with matte coating :(
*i.imgur.com/gbGpsjm.jpg
*i.imgur.com/trNwdQc.jpg
*i.imgur.com/tJxwgfl.jpg

TheSloth

The Slowest One
glossy display is a let down. But config and looks are kickass. You can't use lap outdoor. otherwise its fine i guess.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
feel sad that it may become obsolete soon and it s 2015-end model
Actually its a good lap for that price tag. If you still feel sad then pass your sadness to me, I am ok to accept it. I will PM you my address.

- - - Updated - - -

You bought a GTX 960 for 20k when GTX 1060 goes for around 23k and RX 470 for 18-20k?

:facepalm:

Yes I also noticed that in his Desktop config. Quite confusing.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
You bought a GTX 960 for 20k when GTX 1060 goes for around 23k and RX 470 for 18-20k?

:facepalm:

That was a April 2016 build for my Brother In Law...
Radeon RX 470 release date is August 4 2016"
GTX1060 - 19th of July 2016
I was assisting via Skype(He initially assembled the mobo without the stand-off's to the cabinet, OMG)...I got time last month to reach his place...

- - - Updated - - -

Actually its a good lap for that price tag. If you still feel sad then pass your sadness to me, I am ok to accept it. I will PM you my address.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I also noticed that in his Desktop config. Quite confusing.

I think I'd better keep my sadness with myself :p
wished to get a GTX1xxx or atleast 970(like the asus GL502, it was there for $1049 for 6GB VRAM on amazon.com ) lappy for that price and a 256gb ssd, quadcore i7
my hands will be on that laptop from feb 2017 i guess
and...its a Signature Edition, 88gb free of 128gb ssd
*i.imgur.com/qcXexan.png

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Good Lord No! Probably in 10-12 years, probably not. I would though like to know who is *not* a millionaire here on a tech based nerdy forum LOL!

Top Bottom