Post your latest Purchase

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
@gollum: i have horror stories regarding that modem.

•Got this modem on rent from bsnl at 40 rs per month after my iball adsl wireless modem broke ( it was not able to get a stable adsl line although wifi range was perfect).

• For first 2 days the modem was fine and range was good. After 2 days, the wifi broke and the range became limited within 5 feet only.

• Replaced it with a new one after arguing a lot with the dumb JTO. This one also conked off after 2 days. Heard from my friend that his wifi range also drastically reduced within 15 days.

• The technician gave up and asked me to purchase better modems :p , he recommended dlink dual band ones

• I instead connected my iball modem( whose wifi was working fine ) with this modem ( whose adsl was working fine) and voila i havent had any problems since 7 months . I had read somewhere that a separate adsl modem + wireless router is the best combo to avoid disconnections and for longevity. That might be the reason it is working so well

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Bought this shitty router for 2100, and its the worst router I have ever used
Its adsl and the wifi on it sucks
I can't get signal in the adjacent room lol
signal in the same room is also not full
I guess that's mainly because it does not have an external antenna.
The only reason that I bought it was that I did not want BSNL people to say that you are using a non standard device and so we can't help you with any issues on it.
*imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/833/aky6.jpg[/img
[img]*imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/802/dopv.jpg[/im]
[img]*imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/51/m68r.jpg[/im]
[img]*imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/401/rhry.jpg[/ig]
[img]*imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/826/py4x.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Congratz
Njoy
;-)

Gollum

Collector
lol congratz.....

This.. Lol. Even BSNL had lodged complaint against the supplier of this shitty router. They provided this router to my office and was not getting any signal within five meters. :)

@gollum: i have horror stories regarding that modem.

•Got this modem on rent from bsnl at 40 rs per month after my iball adsl wireless modem broke ( it was not able to get a stable adsl line although wifi range was perfect).

• For first 2 days the modem was fine and range was good. After 2 days, the wifi broke and the range became limited within 5 feet only.

• Replaced it with a new one after arguing a lot with the dumb JTO. This one also conked off after 2 days. Heard from my friend that his wifi range also drastically reduced within 15 days.

• The technician gave up and asked me to purchase better modems :p , he recommended dlink dual band ones

• I instead connected my iball modem( whose wifi was working fine ) with this modem ( whose adsl was working fine) and voila i havent had any problems since 7 months . I had read somewhere that a separate adsl modem + wireless router is the best combo to avoid disconnections and for longevity. That might be the reason it is working so well

From all your comments, I'm kind of confused. One thing is for sure, I wasted my money.
I've used beetel adsl2 modem that was given to me by airtel
I'm thinking that I would use this one only for adsl and connect a normal wifi router for wifi. but anyway it looks like this router gives good range in the direction of its face. Anything placed behind it will get less signal.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Im trying to say that this modem has some serious issues. The first 2 days it was fine and i was able to browse internet at 2/5 strength 2 rooms away. On 3rd day, the wifi range collapsed and i could only browse net in the same room or standing next to it. The replacement one also did the same and to my friend as well.

Its the most horrible product in existence and i have no idea why BSNL still endorses and makes its customers use it.

From all your comments, I'm kind of confused. One thing is for sure, I wasted my money.
I'm thinking that I would use this one only for adsl and connect a normal wifi router for wifi. but anyway it looks like this router gives good range in the direction of its face. Anything placed behind it will get less signal.

As i said, I did the exact same thing and now my connection has been perfect since 7 months.

Gollum

Collector
lol congratz.....

This.. Lol. Even BSNL had lodged complaint against the supplier of this shitty router. They provided this router to my office and was not getting any signal within five meters. :)

Im trying to say that this modem has some serious issues. The first 2 days it was fine and i was able to browse internet at 2/5 strength 2 rooms away. On 3rd day, the wifi range collapsed and i could only browse net in the same room or standing next to it. The replacement one also did the same and to my friend as well.

Its the most horrible product in existence and i have no idea why BSNL still endorses and makes its customers use it.

As i said, I did the exact same thing and now my connection has been perfect since 7 months.

I guess I will have to do the same. Problem is, I bought this connection for my parents and I'm leaving home on saturday. If it does not work. I may have a hard time to get them to use the LAN cable.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I had read somewhere that a separate adsl modem + wireless router is the best combo to avoid disconnections and for longevity. That might be the reason it is working so well

It's easier to configure.

I'm thinking that I would use this one only for adsl and connect a normal wifi router for wifi.

That will surely work.

sainath

Android Addicted
Got these cheap stuffs from flipkart today. :p
Philips SHM1900 Headset - 501 bucks
Enter E-GPV Gamepad PC - 270 bucks
Some pics:

*i41.tinypic.com/2955rwo.jpg
*i44.tinypic.com/160cw49.jpg
*i40.tinypic.com/14imuis.jpg
*i43.tinypic.com/2i1pa8g.jpg
*i43.tinypic.com/2pturgp.jpg