Post Your Gnome Themes Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Good morning, I am in the process of finishing a GTK theme I started a few days ago and would appreciate if you guys could give it some mileage on your respective linuses and thus help me troubleshoot the issues(if any) that may occur. Thanks.

- Requires the pixmap engine which is (or maybe not) called as pixbuf on Ubuntu and its variants.

- Install using the Theme Manager and Emerald Manager.

Screenshots:

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/23205_sqqis/odi_win.jpg *www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/23204_oecg6/odi_twf.png

Download: Odi.tar.gz [GTK, Metacity and Emerald]

*Remember you don't have to like the theme and certainly I am not asking for inputs on the look and feel of it, just use it for sometime and give me feedback on the bugs you may find ;)

-NOTE: I'm aware of the Logoff/Shutdown box issue and working on it.

-NOTE: It's not a problem at all if no one has the time to volunteer, just remember you'll get wild wolves in your dreams to scar you for life.

Last edited:

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Re: Odi Theme for Gnome

wow.. looks great on Ubuntu.. you might wanna work on the minimize, maximize and close buttons.. give them a sort of a 3-D look

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

Ah already got it eh? Thanks for the feedback, but I won't change the look of anything anymore. I'm 100% satisifed with the look and things which seem out of place or discrepant are done intentionally ;)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

looks cool !
*i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Screenshot-1-2-1.jpg

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

Thanks.

An updated version of Odi : Odi_1.1.tar.gz

And a darker (inverse) version of the same : Odik_1.0.tar.gz

WTF ? You translated the first part of your username to kannada and named the theme after it ? :p

Thanks.

An updated version of Odi : Odi_1.1.tar.gz

And a darker (inverse) version of the same : Odik_1.0.tar.gz
You didn't answer my question :p
why didn't you name this Odidabbaa ? :D

PS: Nice theme. How is pixmap engine in resource usage compared to vanilla gtk+ engine ?

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

No. I have no intentions of patronising any language, culture, faith, creed, country or religion, I hate them all equally. I was shitting thinking about the name and few came into my mind and I liked this the most of them all.

Naturally pixmap uses images to render the elements, so it should use more resources than the vanilla gtk.

No. I have no intentions of patronising any language, culture, faith, creed, country or religion, I hate them all equally. I was shitting thinking about the name and few came into my mind and I liked this the most of them all.[.quote]
Great. Nice to meet a fellow hater-of-all :D

Naturally pixmap uses images to render the elements, so it should use more resources than the vanilla gtk.
But pixmaps means only more ram usage right ? Is the CPU usage still same ?

Garbage

God of Mistakes...

Nice theme Hitboxx ..

BTW, where is your kernel ?? Why you are wasting your time in developing themes ?? :p

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

Thank you.

Well I went ahead and went wild with my brush and did a new one ;) Grab it here Ink_1.0.tar.gz

The pixmap engine has me an addict!

Some screenieS:

*img264.imageshack.us/img264/3507/inkwp9.th.png*img264.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif *img505.imageshack.us/img505/3325/ink2ro6.th.jpg *img353.imageshack.us/img353/4785/screenshot4xg2.th.png*img353.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom