Post all your Networking Related Queries here

Status
Not open for further replies.

suniltr77

Broken In
Thanks cpyder I now understand the problem. But to check/rectify I need to travel atleast 150 KM from home.People unable to acknowledge this.I will let you know after I get success.

People never listened the word LINUX here in my smal town. Thanks again.

suniltr77

Broken In
I managed to get a RJ45 Cable. I configured the IP Address as you suggested.While ping operation ran successful on both computers. But the problem of sharing remains.Let me tell you the fact. Dell PC shows the Acer and Dell on the MSHOME page, but I am unable to access the Acer from there. And from Acer PC I am unable to access the page MSHOME. In both the cases I am getting the warning access denied. I have attachewd the screenshot.
Please help.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
I have a ADSL modem (bsnl) and TP Link Router connected via Netgear 8port switch.just purchased this TP-link WiFi TL-WA501G

Everytime i try to access WiFi router's homepage , i get error msg-internet explorer cant,..etc

I've tried resetting the modem twice,plugged it directly into my mac/PC but no success so far.

help..

cpyder

CpyderGraphix
@sunil

For some reason, I can't open the screen shot you attached. Nevertheless, see if the following works for you:-

I assume you have run the network setup wizard. In any case run it again on both comps and give the name for workgroup during the setup. Use the same workgroup name for both comps (although its not necessary, but just to be kinda safe)

Restart both comps

Share one folder on one comp - right click on folder - properties - sharing and security - select share this folder.

Uncheck 'Allow users to modify my files' unless you want otherwise.

Click OK/Apply.

Try accessing this folder from the other comp.

If you get access denied,

open my computer, Tools- folder options - 'View' tab - scroll down to last and uncheck 'Use simple file sharing'

Click OK/Apply

Now, right click on the shared folder - properties - click 'Security' tab.

Click on add and add new entry <Everyone> (w/o brackets)

Click OK

Verify permissions for <Everyone>

You should be able to access this folder from other comp now.

Hope this helps, and sorry for delay in reply.

@ Nish

May be I can help you if you tell me the layout of your network a little more clearly.

Is it something like

BSNL Router -> 8 Port switch -> TPLink -> Your comp ??

Have you subscribed for multiple connections?
Is your comp configured for automatic IP address or is it Manually configured?

suniltr77

Broken In
OOPS it's the virus again. I have downloaded a lot of arts for knowledge, read and convinced that it could not be so diff. I formatted and see that it actually is simple like you are saying. I think there must be the virus which was blocking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom