[Complaint] POSSIBLE MASS FRAUD: Ringing Bells: Can anybody confirm anything about it?

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
Hey Guys,

This year there was a huge hoopla over a Smartphone costing Rs. 251, which experts said must cost around Rs. 4000 normally, from its inputs.

Team Digit had reviewed "Ringing Bells Freedom 251" mobile phone which costed Rs. 251 only at launch, and the company also claimed COD for the orders, which brought it some 35 crore orders, which they couldn't fulfill.

The company claimed to be a genuine group, but even for demo sets they used rebranded sets from other companies.

Then, they published their VIDEO story of Freedom 251, in which they claimed these points:-
1. Freedom 251 was possible because app creators paid them for preinstalling their apps on the phone, and thus app creators sponsored the phone,
2. Due to bad press, many creators withdrew their support from the project, thus increasing costs, plus they couldn't fulfill the huge orders due to low production capacity.

Then, they got to another offer:- Give Rs. 500 (+50 for COD) and get a Silver card for 5% discount on each product of this company.
On this, you get a Ringing Bells Freedom 251 free.

They kept this offer, alongwith a "Selfie with Sunny Leone" contest, which showed Ms. Leone actually on the video advocating the company.

Thinking this to be a good offer for my servants, I got one by COD. They sent only the Silver card and a letter, but the mobile they claimed they will send by "2016, 31 December". I never got the mobile phone till now, although the date is not over...

The suspicion is raised because, their website is now not working:- *ringingbells.co.in/

Their facebook page has been deleted (link taken from Google):- Faceboo

I'm afraid the company has run away, giving us useless credit card like discount cards, while not giving actual mobiles.
Their helpline is claimed to be:- 0008001004446
The person signing the letter was Ashok Kumar Chadha. The adress was of Noida, but its not on the COD received envelope with the card.

I'm thinking this is a fraud, anybody has any information on this....?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Sorry to hear that u lost Rs500.

It was highly doubtful that this BOGUS company will actually deliver the phones to Customers....
There was also a news of Ringingbells asking 500Cr help from Central government due to budget overflow.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^the mobile was for his servant. hope they deliver before the date.
also, how many poor people would have hoped for same by paying 250 from their own pockets :(
if nothing happens then at least everyone should get their money back.

masterkd

Padawan
Everyone should get their money back with compensation. The consolidated amount of money would help ringing bells to earn a lot in short term investment.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
also, how many poor people would have hoped for same by paying 250 from their own pockets :(

oops, sorry did not know that, shouldnt have said what I said

I myself ordered one initially but they didnt commit, i wanted it to extract touchscreen and experiment with it

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^its ok buddy.
Wow. That is actually a nice idea and way to learn. Thumbs up!

Since they had support of govt when they promised to provide the smartphone, will any action be taken even if people complain about it??

OP
Samarth 619

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
[MENTION=148944]Samarth 619[/MENTION]: How u made the Rs500 transaction ? was it not Cash on Delivery ?

The Helpline number itself looks FRAUD!!!

They took Rs. 550 from me, on COD, for that envelope. I was not present at home, dad called me up and paid the price.
When I reached home, I realised there was no phone, only an envelope with a letter and a silver discount card.

As for the helpline, I'm wondering if the helpline could be 1800 100 4446??

Exactly my point.
Rs. 550 gone is not a very big worry for me. The thing is, what about the others in the whole country?

Approach the proper authorities and file a case.
If I file a consumer court case, they should have a proper working company to which the notice should be sent. To me, it appears that they've run off.

Secondly, even if not, the consumer court can only rectify my case and compensate me, and not refund money of possibly thousands of people around India.

Its not practical for me, skipping my job to go to courts just for this little money (just Rs. 550), but these people have done a mass fraud anyhow.... They've collected a huge amount of money from many such not-to-be customers...

Really no idea what to do for them, except posting this on Digit as a lesson for all... :(

Zangetsu

Lesson to be learned is not to invest money on FRAUD entities, there are many other such type of FRAUD companies...
one such company I heard about which Triples your money in 6yrs.

one such FRAUD is *forum.digit.in/mobiles-tablets/198420-champone-s1-smartphone-launched-rs-501-a.html

if anybody can confirm that they actually got the mobile on Flash sale ?

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Lesson to be learned is not to invest money on FRAUD entities, there are many other such type of FRAUD companies...
one such company I heard about which Triples your money in 6yrs.

one such FRAUD is *forum.digit.in/mobiles-tablets/198420-champone-s1-smartphone-launched-rs-501-a.html

if anybody can confirm that they actually got the mobile on Flash sale ?

so in India anyone can start a company and loot people's money and run away? Great!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have laws but there's lack of enforcing it and it's not same for all and why ? I think we all know ;)

Zangetsu

FINALLY!!!!

Freedom 251 smartphone maker Ringing Bells' Director Mohit Goel detained over fraud allegations – Tech

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
THIS is what all we wished for.

"जैसी करनी आईसी भरनी"

-"As you sow ,so shall you reap"

Top Bottom