Possibility of Fake Nokia/Sony Ericsson phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

VexByte

Norms Buster
I've heard that there are lots of fake Nokia/Sony Ericsson phones available which are mainly pushed through Grey market at very low rates. And, usually the difference is in the range of Rs.1000-3000.

But, I'm not sure whether fakes are feasible(technologically/economically) ? :confused:

So, does this means that we should avoid all shops except Nokia Priority/Sony World ? :x

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^^ Naah, they are fake Chinese copies of those phones........:lol: You can easily make out the difference.

Buy original phones from any reputed shop....

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
They are cheap chinese fakes, all right. They are called Nakia and Sany Ericsson. Chennai ppl can find them at satya bazaar :D

OP
V

VexByte

Norms Buster
They are cheap chinese fakes, all right. They are called Nakia and Sany Ericsson. Chennai ppl can find them at satya bazaar :D
That means they will not be using the original names. But one of my friends told me that they are producing fake phones which are exact replicas.

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
Yes, I have seen a Nokia N95-8GB, the look of the device is an exact replica. But the sliding mechanism and display tells the difference.

So It is advisable to stay away from such products.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Yes; there are phones that infringe the copyright. I also saw a so-called Nokia N95 8 GB for around 100 USD. :D

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
There fakes are easily recognizable. Often the names are misspelt. Eg : Nokia is spelt as Nokla. :))

You can also see the difference once you handle these phones.
I recommend buying from a decent store like Alfa in Mumbai. Nokia priority dealers are good but they always overcharge, so refrain buying from them.

bhavin2407

Right off the assembly line
replicas of n95 & n73 are at manish market(mumbai) for 5000 &4000rs resp.:mad::mad::mad:
neither ceo of nokia can tell the difference when they are swithed off.:D
n95 does not have symbian,wifi,gps,3g.....huuhhh no edge....bacha kya?:confused::confused:?
it has 2 or 1.3mp cam,tv output(no cables given!!!),dual camara,dual sim, usuals like gprs...etc:?:
PS-its just FYI...dont go and buy coz they have one day warranty only....thats right!!!
probably it doent have JAVA OS too:(

ppl interested in showoff can just buy plastic-display unit costing 100-200rs.

neways this phone you buy will be used as display unit in mth. or LESS!!!!:D:D:D

the fake market is at its summit
cheak out

*www.eemobi.cn/

Last edited:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
actually i remember a funny thing happened when by freind when to buy a shoe

he selected a shoe piece and saw the brand name on its back.....it was written
p UMA

a copy of PUMA band..........these fake brands are also there in shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.