PMPs: GoGear vs HumX Funk

sandyqbg

Broken In
I'm looking to buy a new PMP and my requirements are as follows:

1. A neat menu and interface (which obviously includes a decent screen)... that also includes easily accessible features that are not hidden in layers of complex interface. I don't wanna press a lot of buttons to just play a single song or create a simple playlist.

2. Customizable playlist options... I should be able to create and edit playlists easily (additional points for being able to name playlists and allow overlapping lists)

3. Decent audio quality... I'm no audiophile, but then I definitely don't want a PMP that sounds tinny

4. At least 3-4 hours of battery life on continuous audio

Secondary requirements (optional):
1. Video storage and playback
2. Dual charge - both through USB as well as thru ac mains charger
3. File storage (for moving around files, in case I don't have a USB drive handy)

I'm new to PMPs and am quite unsure of what to expect.

I've narrowed down my options to Philips GoGear 1GB (for Rs. 4k) and the HumX Funk 4GB (for Rs. 5k). The vendor might be able to give me a discount of upto Rs. 500 on both.

I'm also open to suggestions, but please do not suggest the iPod... it's overpriced for my budget. The HumX itself slightly overextends my budget.

Also...
Can I use headphones with such PMPs instead of the usual earphones? Most earphones don't stick to my ear and keep falling off.

red dragon

Master troll
Ipod is overpriced,but the philps 1gb crap for 4k is waaay more overpriced.Why don`t you buy a clip+,it has very nice sq,can be rockboxed,can play FLACs too(no video though).

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Ipod is overpriced,but the philps 1gb crap for 4k is waaay more overpriced.Why don`t you buy a clip+,it has very nice sq,can be rockboxed,can play FLACs too(no video though).

Really Phillips Player are really craps!!!

I Check Out all over Indain amrkets via Internet and offline
The Sandisk's sansa clip + is Not available inIndia.
the shipment is Stop a long time ago for all music Player By sandisk because of After sales service Problem.
If u want It Buy it from US/UK, if u have frds There!

If not,then I recommend U To go for Samsung Yp-k3 Model
It has 2-4-8 gb modes.

It has DSNe Chip for audio signal which is used in there home theater system.

i heard That Player its really awesome, Its 3D effect is Mind Blowing....

This Model Is same Looking as IPOD nano slim and trim , display is awesome, Has Fm, But
No Fm rec and no voice rec (small disav)

The UI is also nice One..
U just google it and see vdo in Youtube also just to check!!!!

In Pune it is Available in 3-3.5 k

OP
S

sandyqbg

Broken In
Check Cowon D2+ and Creative Zen instead. better format support.

Really Phillips Player are really craps!!!

I Check Out all over Indain amrkets via Internet and offline
The Sandisk's sansa clip + is Not available inIndia.
the shipment is Stop a long time ago for all music Player By sandisk because of After sales service Problem.
If u want It Buy it from US/UK, if u have frds There!

If not,then I recommend U To go for Samsung Yp-k3 Model
It has 2-4-8 gb modes.

It has DSNe Chip for audio signal which is used in there home theater system.

i heard That Player its really awesome, Its 3D effect is Mind Blowing....

This Model Is same Looking as IPOD nano slim and trim , display is awesome, Has Fm, But
No Fm rec and no voice rec (small disav)

The UI is also nice One..
U just google it and see vdo in Youtube also just to check!!!!

In Pune it is Available in 3-3.5 k

Okay GoGear's out of running... but the Cowon costs double my budget... the Samsung Yp-k3 is also quoted in the Rs. 8k range on the net. I'm looking for something in the sub 5k range.

The Sandisk player does look quite the pmp I might be looking for (tho I wish it had a better screen and a slightly more customizable UI), but it looks like it might not be easy to come by here)

Also if it's gonna be Creative, does anyone have a specific model in mind? One that fits my requirements?

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Okay GoGear's out of running... but the Cowon costs double my budget... the Samsung Yp-k3 is also quoted in the Rs. 8k range on the net. I'm looking for something in the sub 5k range.

The Sandisk player does look quite the pmp I might be looking for (tho I wish it had a better screen and a slightly more customizable UI), but it looks like it might not be easy to come by here)

Also if it's gonna be Creative, does anyone have a specific model in mind? One that fits my requirements?

Hey
May I Know where u from In India?

In Pune maharashtra it is at 3.5k Rs - 2gb for samsung yp k3.

If u want UI and also a customizable One. Then only one choice Go for Ipod or Sony Mp3 players mainly E series Or A series will cost from 5k to 7k.

Cowon Player has some issues with after sales Services as it has very less no. of sevice centers.

U go In market, Listen to audio and choose But don't go for YES Player or IBall players, those sound good But Not worth!!!

OP
S

sandyqbg

Broken In
Hey
May I Know where u from In India?

In Pune maharashtra it is at 3.5k Rs - 2gb for samsung yp k3.

If u want UI and also a customizable One. Then only one choice Go for Ipod or Sony Mp3 players mainly E series Or A series will cost from 5k to 7k.

Cowon Player has some issues with after sales Services as it has very less no. of sevice centers.

U go In market, Listen to audio and choose But don't go for YES Player or IBall players, those sound good But Not worth!!!

I'm from Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)... I definitely won't go for the YES players... Okay I'll check up the YP K3... I'll also check out the Sony

Top Bottom