PM Modi announces all-India lockdown over Covid-19, will be in place for 21 days

OP
W

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
They may have served legal notice but don’t deny the fact that it can be transmitted through newspapers.
Actually even the article in question says you are least likely to be infected by touching newspaper compared to any other source so basically if you are in such a situation that you can get infected by newspaper then you already would have been infected by some other source long ago.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Actually even the article in question says you are least likely to be infected by touching newspaper compared to any other source so basically if you are in such a situation that you can get infected by newspaper then you already would have been infected by some other source long ago.

yes and that’s on the basis of evidences so far. You never know what’s in store with this virus. Do you want to take that risk?

OP
W

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes and that’s on the basis of evidences so far. You never know what’s in store with this virus. Do you want to take that risk?
Well I am washing my hands every time after touching any external object coming from outside so it does not make any difference to me either way.

OP
W

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
That’s not the story with everyone. One may forget to wash inadvertently. Man is not a machine.
Yes but that's the point.If someone forget to wash their hands inadvertently then chances of catching infection from newspaper will be still least compared to any other source or even breathing in the air outside.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
From what I can gather from the article, its rather risky to touch a newspaper since this virus is very new to mankind. Hence, its better to wait till a conclusive evidence is available.
If it can be transmitted via newspaper then it will also transmit via Currency. And people who use their tongue to count the currency will be infected first.

OP
W

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why take a chance
Exactly so washing hands is must & if you are washing hands 10 times a day without handling newspaper then washing 11 times is just as easy in my opinion.

If it can be transmitted via newspaper then it will also transmit via Currency. And people who use their tongue to count the currency will be infected first.
No need for that,just touching your face/eyes/nose/mouth after touching currency note is enough then.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Exactly so washing hands is must & if you are washing hands 10 times a day without handling newspaper then washing 11 times is just as easy in my opinion.

You can win an argument over it but its advisable to not take chances with an unknown virus. Let the research be done in detail.

icebags

Technomancer
when going out, pay the food/ grocery vendors through paytm and ask the newspaper delivery boy to go for isolation.

OP
W

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can win an argument over it but its advisable to not take chances with an unknown virus. Let the research be done in detail.
I don't care about winning argument for such serious issue,It is more of a personal choice based on currently available facts so if you want to be extra cautious then it is also good.

OP
W

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
when going out, pay the food/ grocery vendors through paytm and ask the newspaper delivery boy to go for isolation.
That is anyway recommended but again nothing much because you need to wash your hands anyway after coming to home because of touching the items at food/grocery vendor place so even if you give currency it is still the same.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Markets during 7-11 am in Aligarh

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200327/147ef9027d142ce2f93ec3ed08ac603d.jpg

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200327/0034c84bbc0fec0f54f7be755b883a02.jpg

OP
W

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^I am seriously doubting the effectiveness of this lockdown,looks like in the end it will all come down to India's luck.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Are you people getting newspaper ? From last 5 days the newspaper here is not available due to lockdown.

The virus can spread through any medium so its better to follow the two key points for prevention:
1. Wash your hands after coming from outside
2. Don't touch your face without washing your hands

billubakra

Conversation Architect
^^I am seriously doubting the effectiveness of this lockdown,looks like in the end it will all come down to India's luck.
But since the past 2 days or so the cases haven't increased exponentially like in other countries.

Are you people getting newspaper ? From last 5 days the newspaper here is not available due to lockdown.

The virus can spread through any medium so its better to follow the two key points for prevention:
1. Wash your hands after coming from outside
2. Don't touch your face without washing your hands
Not getting newspaper since 25th here.
Newspapers are easily available atleast here. We have curfew also here.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
But since the past 2 days or so the cases haven't increased exponentially like in other countries.
Capture.PNG

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Yes bro, they are increasing in the range of 100- around 180 per day, that's a lot. But not comparable with countries which are not doing good.
If you haven't watch Chernobyl, do it asap. The number of cases are low because we haven't done enough tests and there is a shortage of test kits. Only those showing symptoms are being tested. One might be a carrier while being resistant to it and without any of the symptoms.

Top Bottom