PM Modi announces all-India lockdown over Covid-19, will be in place for 21 days

OP
W

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
the bank is sbi , not sure about the area although its highly likely that its a semi urban/ rural branch. The books are passbooks and the papers are withdrawal forms. its a very recent video as no other time did an employee wore masks and gloves in bank. Ppl are withdrawing cash a lot mainly coz atms might’ve dried up or account holder wouldn’t know how to operate or is hesitant or would want smaller notes which are not available in an atm
I am amazed bank staff didn't call police earlier to enforce something like entry for 1-2 persons only at a time.

maheshn

Journeyman
I am amazed bank staff didn't call police earlier to enforce something like entry for 1-2 persons only at a time.

In my area in Kerala, I had to go to HDFC to deposit previous days' office collection. They were allowing only 1 person in at a time and queue was outside the building with separation between the people. The security at the door was giving sanitiser to everyone and making them clean up before going in. Inside also everyone was using masks and gloves. No crowding or pushing.

(Of course, they had private security guys to ensure this as well).

theterminator

Wise Old Owl

You’ll be amazed what people are doing in the streets.

Here’s a pic of aligarh market this morning

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200326/b1fc6bfc45d72093885b9e827c8ef787.jpg

The shops are open 7-11 am and people today have come out in large numbers.
I can verify this since I am in office today.

OP
W

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
What is this "iCloud". An image? Can't you embed here?
It is basically apple's google drive.

In my area in Kerala, I had to go to HDFC to deposit previous days' office collection. No crowding or pushing.
Kerala always seemed to me overall more civilized than most other states.

This is probably the only country of its size/population in the world which relies more on luck than its govt & bureaucracy.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
We have to accept the possibility of all of us getting infected by the end of this year. Social isolation is just trying to delay it.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

billubakra

Conversation Architect
You’ll be amazed what people are doing in the streets.

Here’s a pic of aligarh market this morning

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200326/b1fc6bfc45d72093885b9e827c8ef787.jpg

I can verify this since I am in office today.
Bhai your office is open? Uncle in track suit got no chill

billubakra

Conversation Architect
which is even more dangerous environment for a bank cashier/teller to work in , gloves stop you from counting notes. So they are left with no option then to touch it with their bare hands. Machines are good when you count large number of notes but retail withdrawals are typically in between 1000 to 25000 & if you think that people are not coming to bank branches for withdrawals and sticking to online payments then you’re mistaken. In fact, the rush has increased in many places and people are withdrawing cash even more to keep their pockets full.
Those surgical gloves can help in counting notes. AFAIK it is not transmitted through paper, right?

Top Bottom