Plzz Help Regarding Motherboard !!! Its Urgent !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Hi all,
I know that there's a lot of posts asking for the best motherboard. So this may seem to be a repetition. I am goin 2 buy a new Athlon 64 FX based system. So can ne 1 suggest the best motherboard for around Rs 7000 (preferably available in Kolkata). It must be "the best bang for the buck" !!
Onboard Graphics is highly required !!!!!

Thanx in advance !!!!

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Hmmm...your choice of onboard grafx for an FX processor is highly ...irregular, to say the least, because an FX system is primarily for gamers.
But, any way, get an msi rs480 m2 il mobo. I guess that is the only decent one with onboard and s939.

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
hey rock

ASUS A8N-E gives the best performance due to the Nforce 4 chipset it has and also the board has pretty good features for overclocking .
It may be around Rs 8000
But no onboard video :x

The best buy for below Rs 7000 will be MSI-Rs480M2-IL which has got good onboard graphics but with no overclocking options.

So u decide ...

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
rockthegod,
U are aware FX systems are pretty costly and high performance processors? And that they deserve a better mobo like asus a8ne? If u are going to use the pc mainly as a gaming platform, then ur gpu would be one big bottle-neck here. Try opting for a pci ex video card.

AlienTech

In the zone
Mahesh Babu said:
hey rock

ASUS A8N-E gives the best performance due to the Nforce 4 chipset it has and also the board has pretty good features for overclocking .
It may be around Rs 8000
But no onboard video :x

The best buy for below Rs 7000 will be MSI-Rs480M2-IL which has got good onboard graphics but with no overclocking options.

So u decide ...

You can over clock the MSI 10-15%.

But dont upgrade your WIN XP SP2 since there seems to some major compatability problems here that spontaneously reboots the machien for one, network access problems and all kinds of other stuff. But its not just this mother board but a lot of them out there. Microsoft seems to be putting out more and more security updates and removing ones which causes problems. I never seen microsoft pull updates before. They have always made a new update which is better.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
rockthegod said:
I will go for the MSI model...... but sidewinder, what ASUS model did u propose ?
Asus A8N E.But it doesnt hav ond=board gfx.But the performance u get is stupendous.Also recently it added Soundstorm 8 channel high definition audio.So i will go for thid=s board .when clubbed with a 6600gt it will blow any competition

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Yup for a processor like Fx better go for ASUS A8N-E and try for some graphic card...it will boost up u senses

OP
rockthegod

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Hearty thanx to all of u for ur good advices and suggestions !!!! Just 1 thing ..eager 2 kno.. is Athlon 64 FX is neway optimised 4 the purpose of playing games..?? My new system will be primarily used for extensive Video and sound processing !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom