Plz suggest CPU+MOBO+Cabinet for 40K

smltngs

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming. Titles like Witcher3 , Skyrim highly ENB modded, GTA V. Like Big Open-ended Games with good graphics.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 40k (+5k max if needed)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Not too keen on overclocking.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7 or 8.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Will use my existing HDD and SSD.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. Will use my existing Samsung 1080p TN monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Will reuse : Zotac GTX 970 , Seasonic S12G 750 , Kingston FuryX 8GB , CM Hyper 212 Evo .

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Next week.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will assemble it myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Trivandrum,Kerala. Cant get highend components locally. So ONLINE ONLY.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:
Decided on this config:
i7 4770/4770k
Asus z97 - A
Corsair Carbide 300R

Few queries:
1) Most likely I will go for SLI Setup in future. So please suggest me a good MOBO with SLI support.
2) Pls suggest a good cabinet for 5k max. Cable management , ease of use , thermals, 2xGPU space are priority. Dont want flashy looking cabinets, simple plain looking with decent finish and build quality. I like Carbide 300R which seems to fit these reqs. Suggest me any alternatives in this price range.
3) Can I use my CM Hyper Evo cooler with i7 processors and 1150 socket MOBO's.
4) Will upgrade my monitor in coming months. So pls dont limit the config based on 1080p gaming. Do suggest some good monitors just for reference(not to be included in budget)
5) Is 4770k worth the premium over 4770. I am not really interested in overclocking but since I am going with a SLI MOBO(which seem to be expensive) is it worth considering K version.
6) Pls suggest a good and cheap TIM to use with Evo cooler and i7 if the stock TIM is not good.

Pls consider general availability of products online and my above reqs in your suggestions.

O.T: Happy New Year :-D

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
get the following.
i7 4790 - 20k
asus z97 a-12.5k
corsair 300r -5k

if you dont plan on overclocking, then no need to get expensive k cpu even if you have a z97 mobo. if you want to overclock(which you might do when you will have two powerful gpus ) to get more fps and performance, then get i7 4790k.

- - - Updated - - -

and a happy new year too :D

> I'd suggest Corsair 400R instead. Much better than 300R.

Now answering your queries-

1. Asus Z97-A does indeed support SLI.
2. I'd suggest Corsair 400R.
3. Yes.
4. 970 can handle it.
5. The 3k difference isn't worth IMO if you aren't interested in overclocking. Moreover, you won;t gain any significant performance in gaming with overclocking.
6. Arctic Silver 5 is very good.

OP
S

smltngs

Broken In
@rijin, For 20k I can only find 4770 on trusted online sites. Is 4790 available at this price point?
[MENTION=138735]HARSHIL[/MENTION], what are the advantages of 400R over 300R and approx cost of Arctic Silver 5?

@rijin, For 20k I can only find 4770 on trusted online sites. Is 4790 available at this price point?
@HARSHIL , what are the advantages of 400R over 300R and approx cost of Arctic Silver 5?

> I guess Flipkart is not in your trusted site list :p - Intel i7 4790 Processor - Intel : Flipkart.com

> Looks better (subjective), mode HDD slots, larger. Not that 300R is bad.

OP
S

smltngs

Broken In
Unfortunately many products of flipkart not available for trivandrum. Some tax issue with Kerala state govt.

Top Bottom