Plz suggest CDMA low end phone, long talk time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nishant

Broken In
Hello everyone.

I need the cheapest CDMA phone which has the longest talk time.
My only considerations are:-

1. Long Talk Time. I dont have TV to pass time. And this is the first time i am away from my family and GF

2. Strong Signal Reception. Both Tata and RIM sucks for their network coverage. I have some heavy electronic/electrical things around my office, and RIM or TATA signal is weakest. (AirTel is best,, gives me half signal here too!!)

3. Cheap, less than 3k. I dont need anything fancy. not even color screen.

I can go for both RIM or TATA, but i will prefer a generic phone which works with both, (RIM suddenly stopped their free STD plans, TATA started new one)
. Is there any phone like samsung guru series for CDMA?

Currently i am using nokia 2505, which has a talk time of 2 hours, but this phone sucks.... why? because it never receives good signal. i strongly recommend everyone NOT to buy this phone even for free.

I did some research on CDMA phones and found some interesting things...

the same battery (eg, 850mh) gives more talk time in a similar spec GSM phone then in CDMA,,, is it true?

LG RDXXX series of phone gives good talk time, but all LG phone have an habbit of getting overheated that will burn your ear..

nokia is comming up with a low end phone 1508,,
*www.nokia.co.in/A41163436

Should i wait for this?

stereonation71

Right off the assembly line
Better go for Nokia 2112. I am mobile technician and prefer to use this if battery is preference. It would work fine with network, battery, sound and everything you need. But once got any hardware problem, very difficult to repair. Problem mostly comes in Flash IC.
Otherwise go for Classic 202. I used that for 3 days without charging. It comes with Reliance but after unlocking you can use that with Tata and Reliance both. If you want that software I can provide that for $10 Only. Use as many times you want. Else you can get your set unlocked for Rs.100 - 200.

OP
N

Nishant

Broken In
Better go for Nokia 2112. I am mobile technician and prefer to use this if battery is preference. It would work fine with network, battery, sound and everything you need. But once got any hardware problem, very difficult to repair. Problem mostly comes in Flash IC.
Otherwise go for Classic 202. I used that for 3 days without charging. It comes with Reliance but after unlocking you can use that with Tata and Reliance both. If you want that software I can provide that for $10 Only. Use as many times you want. Else you can get your set unlocked for Rs.100 - 200.

thx for your reply..
I asked for 2112 in jaipur at many places... they say its not in production anymore!..

I dont want to go for classic..

Virgin mobile bliiiiinnnnnnggggg :)

hey... can you give me the talk time ? have u used it?

I would suggest RIM LG RD3500. I am using the same and the average usage is 5000 mins per month. Make sure u use a handsfree.

LG RDXX phones got mix reviews... some say it has good talk time other say it does not...
i have dropped the idea for LG. RD ... thx for your reply though...

Last edited:

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Huawei C5320 is a gud phone..Not sure of bluetooth though..You can go for Spice C 810 WHICH IS A generic CDMA phone..Samsung Max IS also an alternative...Cheapest Tata phone with bluetooth is Moto Razr V3C which cost Rs 5000/- but lacks SIM..Hope that helps..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom