(Plz Help Me) CD erasing option not available...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

pritzdj

LIFE Overclocked!!
Hi.....
I m a Win XP user........ from my "CD-RW drive" erase option is not available but "Write" option is available........ so i'cant erase my CD-RWs..... From Nero also i'cant erase.......
By Linux i can erase my CD-RWs........ but m not a frequent user of Linux..... for only CD erasing option i'cant switch to Linux!!!!!!!!!!!

So please help me out...........

sandeepk

Journeyman
Also can you see that CD-RW is correctly detected by either winodws or Nero. XP will show the icon for it which states CD-RW. With Nero when you create a new project then you can see the type of disk that Nero has detected. Are both CD-RW? If not then there are chances that your CD writer is not working properly.
As already asked by ashfame what is the message shown by Nero? If it does recognise the correct media type then it should display/enable the option to erase the media ie. CD-RW.

OP
pritzdj

pritzdj

LIFE Overclocked!!
sandeepk said:
Also can you see that CD-RW is correctly detected by either winodws or Nero. XP will show the icon for it which states CD-RW. With Nero when you create a new project then you can see the type of disk that Nero has detected. Are both CD-RW? If not then there are chances that your CD writer is not working properly.
As already asked by ashfame what is the message shown by Nero? If it does recognise the correct media type then it should display/enable the option to erase the media ie. CD-RW.

Yes Nero and Windows both detect the CD but in CD-R format..... not in the CD-RW format......... I don't think that my CD writer is damaged because Linux can erase that CD-RW using that CD Writer only.........
Another thing...... I have DVD-Writer installed in my PC..... Both the drives showing the problem in XP.........

OP
pritzdj

pritzdj

LIFE Overclocked!!
ax3 said:
mayb u have set writter as IMAGE WRITTER .......... check it out .........

in this option [image] ........ erase is disabled ............

Can u help how to check............ "IMAGE WRITER".................

ashfame

Padawan
pritzdj said:
Can u help how to check............ "IMAGE WRITER".................
When you open Nero Burning Rom, its just in front of you, look at the toolbars!
It luks lik a address bar!
Confirm there n change if its necessary!:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom