Pls Suggest ISP In Delhi for 1Mbps

isaac12345

Journeyman
Hi all!

After having suffered through MTNL's attrocius customer service, frequent and random disconnections, inappropriate behaviour by my local exchange's representatives and privacy invading and experience quality reducing unblockable ad-injections, I have decided to move ISPs.

I was paying around Rs 1200/month for a completely unlimited 1Mbps and would like to continue paying only that much or less for similar or better speed. The only 2 deals I have found are as below -

1) Reliance Wireline - Wireline Internet, Postpaid Plans – Reliance Communications Their plans sound too good to be true so I would like your opinion on how good they are. I am most interested in a good quality & reliable connection, reliable customer service that treats you like a human being and fixes problem in a timely manner.

2) Local Cable Guy - 1Mbps at Rs 1000/month. Tested out his connection on a high def youtube video and was quite good. In short it maintained speed and didnt throttle as aggresively as MTNL. But I am worried about privacy concerns and whether local ISPs are mischievous.

Any other recommendations along with your experience would be much appreciated :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I use Ani network's Internet. 1 Mbps *true* unlimited at Rs 1000. Not sure of privacy, but it is quite popular ISP out there, and most of the sites I use use HTTPS anyway. To my advantage, I can use many torrents with local peering. Service is prompt.

I can share with you link to threads which I created when I was in between ISP's if you have interest.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
-hello Vyom , can you please tell me about local peer please???
:-o

Sorry for being offtopic!

Local peering just means that if User A have downloaded X from the internet using torrent, then if User B also wants to download X, then User B can have the data shared from User A at speeds exceeding the plan speed, and if User A and B are on same ISP. You don't have to do anything explicitly, if you are downloading any content using torrent which someone on your network have already downloaded then your download speed will automatically increase (provided Local Peering is not disabled in your torrent application, which in case of utorrent is not that case by default).

In my case despite on 1 mbps plan I sometimes get speeds exceeding 300 kBps that is, 2.4 mbps.

polupoka

In the zone
Hmmmmmmm.... Already downloaded...... So do user B needs the active seeding? Means while user B is downloading, exeeding the plan speed is it essential to be the same torrent active(seeding) in user A's pc? Actually I use bsnl and I have heard many local broadband stories of my friends about 8 MBps speeds of downloading and I assume those are fakes... But now I see they may be real!! :eek:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Yup they might be real. But on Ani network the speeds don't exceed than 2.4 mbps. I remember on Pacenet (which was a rather bad experience due to support) I use to get 8 Mbps sometimes due to local peering.

Of course User B needs to seeding. But the time which it takes to completely download is very less since speed got increased many times.

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
Even I'm thinking of switching from mtnl, found about ANI a while back but don't know if they provide service to my area(vikaspuri).
Time to contact their CC, the live chat on the site isn't working. I'll cal them tomorrow.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I get download speeds up to 4MBps (~32mbps), and guess what most of the xXx benefits local peering, while some of the most popular TV shows/movies don't.

OP
I

isaac12345

Journeyman
I use Ani network's Internet. 1 Mbps *true* unlimited at Rs 1000. Not sure of privacy, but it is quite popular ISP out there, and most of the sites I use use HTTPS anyway. To my advantage, I can use many torrents with local peering. Service is prompt.

I can share with you link to threads which I created when I was in between ISP's if you have interest.

Do you use Plan 3? aninetwork.in | Home

OP
I

isaac12345

Journeyman
Right. And how's the quality of the connection? Are you able to run a 360p video continuously till its end? And game online with low latency?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Right. And how's the quality of the connection? Are you able to run a 360p video continuously till its end? And game online with low latency?

Yes, 360p videos plays flawlessly if you wait for about 10 seconds at the start. Ping rates are good too. No lags though I only play racing games where lags don't matter much I guess.

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
I've inquired from ANI network, they don't provide service to Vikaspuri. Any user in the same region please recommend an ISP

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=48534]Night-Rider[/MENTION] what's the name of your ISP?

OP
I

isaac12345

Journeyman
I just got a local one for 1300 a month 1Mbps. Its a local ISP that I think rents the line from Airtel and Ani. What's the name of your ISP night rider?

acepro71

Broken In
I've inquired from ANI network, they don't provide service to Vikaspuri. Any user in the same region please recommend an ISP

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=48534]Night-Rider[/MENTION] what's the name of your ISP?

haha i live in tilak nagar too

Top Bottom