Pls Suggest High Performance Desktop Config in 35k budget.

rahuleyes

Broken In
One of the friend was looking for config suggestion, I recommended him this forum. I dont know why but he is unable to post anything. No new thread allowed, may be because he just registered with forum. Anyways ... as per his request, I am post this on his behalf.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: I am a blogger and I do new experiments daily on my PC. There is ample of multi-tasking done on my PC. At a time the tasks which are open on my PC are as follows: There are near about 20 tabs open in both Firefox and Chrome browsers in which different sites are open. Photoshop, AutoCad, Stock market related softwares like ODIN DIET works simultaneously and along with this all Microsoft OFFICE and Outlook are also running. May be some time along with these FULL HD Movie of 1080p is also being watched. Sometimes Microsoft Virtual PC is running an OS like xp or win7.It is not the case that these tasks are always running whenever I am working, but possibility is such that these tasks may be required to run simultaneously.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: 35,000 (+/- 5k)

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: Win 7 Ultimate or win 8.1(WIN 10 if it is going to be launched in near future. )

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans: 1TB or less

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans: I have heard a lot about Dell S2240L, if some new model better than this has arrived in market of 22 inch size with 1080p or more resolution then please tell me otherwise this is ok for me. Is there some other model like this which is a bit less glossy(reflective)?

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: Keyboard, Mouse, Speaker, DVD RW,

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: Within 1 week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans: I have an assembler friend.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: Ahmedabad, Local + Online shopping is fine.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans: Yes :-D

My work requires too much speed, it matters the most.
Computer should not get slow or should not hang either if it runs for 24x7 then too. For this purpose I need a system which runs with SSD.120 or 128 GB SSD is OK for my work to run smoothly I suppose. Operating System will be installed on SSD so it will work faster. Sometimes I need to load another OS on virtual pc for testing so I will also install virtual pc on SSD.

I am not a computer geek but I think I need atleast 8 GB RAM. A RAM which gives top performance. 4x4 dual channel will do good for me.

Please suggest CPU of intel only if possible, I had bad experiences with AMD, so I am not comfortable with it. CPU should be of quad core or more cores.

Are there such Motherboards available in which there is inbuilt graphics with HDMI port which are compatible with the above mentioned softwares and does not clash with them. If it is available then well and good otherwise suggest a cheap and good quality graphics card, as I dont want to play games at all.

Suggest me a best PSU which should work best for my needs

Computer should compulsorily support USB 3.0 and Motherboard or Graphics Card should compulsorily have an HDMI port

I think 35000 is a bit low budget for the specs which I require but this is not a gaming pc so I think it is possible. If budget is low than I am ready to drop 1 TB hard disk which I will purchase afterwards and I can buy a local cabinet to save money. I can also buy a single stick of 4 GB RAM instead of two sticks which I can buy in near future. But I cant compromise with performance and speed and my work should not suffer because to it.

CPU stock cooler will be OK or will I need some more?

I need to use this computer for atleast 5 to 7 years and earn my bread with this PC so please suggest a PC which is future proof. In near future I am going to buy 2TB hard disk for this system and also attach a DVD writer to it. Suggest a PSU which can handle these future upgrades.

Atlast, thank you in advance as I think this is too lengthy to read. But I am in need of an answer and I am sure this forum is the right place with right people.

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Processor: Intel i5 4440-Rs11700

Mobo: Gigabyte B85M-D3H -Rs5300,

Ram: Kingston hyperX Fury 1866mhz (8GB)-Rs5300.(primeagb.com)

PSU: Antec VP450P -₹2700,

HDD: WD blue 500B-₹3100.

SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB-₹4700

Gfx card: Nvidia gt 730-₹4600

Cabinet: Deepcool tesseract -₹2700.

Total-₹40100.

OP
R

rahuleyes

Broken In
@ deathblade... Thanks for the config, though i will wait for few more inputs, A quick question.
Mobo has inbuilt graphics ?

OP
R

rahuleyes

Broken In
[MENTION=135546]deathblade[/MENTION], Thanks for the updates, As per the details given in gigabyte website for Gigabyte B85M-D3H, it has HDMI 1.4 port, then why gfx card !!!! am I missing something, as i said, am not a geek so may be i am not aware of things.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Yes,that board has HDMI and that would do. Btw what about monitor..is it not included in the budget?
What is your friend's account id?

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
AMD suits your needs better

FX 6300 -7.5k
Gigabyte GA 78-LMT USB3 - 4k
Samsung EVO 128GB - 4.5k
HyperXFury 2x4GB - 5.5k
AOC I2369VM - 10k
Antec VP450p - 2.5k
[strike]GT 610 - 2.5k (?) [/strike] mobo has onboard gpu
Any local cabinet - 1k

its a little over your budge. May come just right under it.

Last edited:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
[MENTION=135546]deathblade[/MENTION], correct your rigs ifthey are wrong

- - - Updated - - -

nope i didn't. He will have to skip it as he mentioned.

harvey gujarat

Right off the assembly line
[MENTION=29614]rahuleyes[/MENTION] Thanks for posting on my behalf. Let me take it from here. Special thanks to [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] and [MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION] for activating my account. I think now i can post in forum. This is my first message. I have some more queries for this config, will post in my next reply.

Last edited:

harvey gujarat

Thank you to all members of the forum for their valuable inputs.

Some parts which I have finalised are as follows:

Monitor - Dell S2240L - 8k
Cabinet - Deepcool Tesseract SW - 3k(I faced many problems to get this one.)
SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB SATA III SSD (6gbps) - 4.8k
PSU - Antec VP450P - 2.7k

From the above items I have purchased only Cabinet - Deepcool Tesseract SW, for other items I am waiting for Christmas sale for the prices to come down a bit.

Total = 18.5k

I dont want to play any games now so zero budget for Graphics Card. If I want to play in the future I will buy a good one at that time, for now inbuilt graphics will do for me.

I already have Keyboard, Mouse, HDD, Speaker, DVD RW etc so dont need them.

Now I am left with a budget of 22k for CPU+MOBO+RAM.

I have given my requirements in first post by my friend rahuleyes as I was unable to post at that time. According to that requirement suggest me a top performing cpu+mobo+ram combination config.

First of all answer a few questions please:

1. I had inquired a bit about RAM and came to know that lower the latency(like CL9 or 9-9-9) faster the RAM and is better than others. According to this theory I have a thought to finalise [G.Skill RipjawsX] but it has a problem of FSB i think. 1600 Mhz ram is better or 1833Mhz or 2133 Mhz . How much difference in performance will be encountered in this three. For now I am buying 4gb RAM as my budget is tight but in near future I will buy another 4GB stick (to make it dual channel). I have plans to add 4gbx2 RAM after 2 years (total make it 16gb, quad channel). But at that time I have to take a look at FSB and then buy the RAM for better compatibility. So please suggest me something that is future proof and does not create any problems in the future. I have no problem with 1600Mhz RAM. I have seen one such RAM [G.Skill RipjawsX 1600 MHz 4 GB x1 - Rs.3200] Is this RAM worth buying?

2. What about DDR4 RAMs. Are these RAMs available in the market? Should one buy these RAMs are they worth the price?

If RAM is finalised then I will be left with a budget of 19k (+/- 2k) for CPU+MOBO. For these two please read my requirement details in the first post and then only reply.

For the CPU I have read many reviews/comparisons (AMD vs Intel & FX vs i5) and by reading many more things on the net and reviews from friends I have decide that I WILL GO WITH INTEL. If CPU cooler is not needed then it is well and good, but if its necessary then I have no problem to install it. In my view stock cooler will do as I have bought a good cabinet(Deepcool Tesseract SW) it has good ventilation and cooling.

Mobo should also be superb as per my requirement. It should have below mentioned features:

USB 3.0 compulsory
HDMI port compulsory
SATA 6gbps compulsory
SATA 3gbps is there then well and good it should support it
[ON/OFF charge feature should be there] As it has been shown in the below mentioned link, I liked this feature.
GIGABYTE ON/OFF Charge

The RAM which is suggested should be fully supported by the MOBO. One of the previous reply by [MENTION=135546]deathblade[/MENTION] has suggested a Mobo which supports only 1333/1600Mhz RAM and suggested a RAM which is 1866Mhz :D May be its a mistake by him.

Other than this the MOBO should have all the regular features which are necessary for my requirements. :D

Atlast, Thank you for reading my never ending query. :D Please suggest me the best components which will be used be me for atleast 5 7 years. This is my final call as I am buying it as soon as your replies arrive.

Thank you...

HARVEY

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
i5 4690 - 15k
Gigabyte B85M D3H - 5.5k
HyperXFury/Corsair Vengeance 4GB - 3k

1. You can adjust the timings yourself. You need to adjust the timing as well as the clock for better performance. MHz won't matter in your case because you will have a board which supports max 1600MHz so higher clocks will be automatically underclocked. G.Skill RipjawsX are good enough

2. DDR4 RAMs have quite some time to become common so skip them. Also you need new boards for DDR4 :p also afaik DDR4s will operate o clocks of a p4 I'd around 2.4GHz so you can guess how powerful they will be.

We all suggest HyperXFury because its 1866MHz on stock and can be overclocked easily(it doesn't actually matter as the mobo only supports till 1600MHz, but it may come handy in a future rig :p )

No need for aftermarket coolers.

harvey gujarat

Hello all for guiding me,

I have finalised and ordered all the parts except procy as follows:

ANTEC VP450P-SMPS

DEEPCOOL TESSERACT SW-CABINET

SAMSUNG EVO 840 2.5" 120 GB-SSD

SEAGATE 1TB-HDD

GIGABYTE B85M D3H-MOBO

GSKILL RIPJAWS 4GB DDR3 1600 MHZ-RAM

I have keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc.

I am planning to buy INTEL i5 4440 PROCY.

Please suggest me if this is ok because I researched and found that there is no major difference between 4690 and 4440.

Now I want to know one more thing:

I want to buy SATA III cables pls suggest me good ones for my rig.

Storite Sata Iii (sata 3) Cable Black (40cm) - Buy Online at Rs.87 | Snapdeal.com

Is this cable good for my rig.

Finally thank you for your replies.

Harvey

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
i5 4960 has better benchmarks and almost 10% more single core performance than 4440 also it has .5.Ghz faster clock. You can get 4440 if budget is short.

Get sata cables locally. Its Rs. 20 locally for almost the same thing.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
If possible go for i5 4590 ~13.5k.. Intel lga1150 platform doesn't support quad channel bandwidth,so even if you use identical 4*4GB sticks you will get dual channel bandwidth

Top Bottom