Pls suggest games for this noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arijit2006

Right off the assembly line
Hi everybody,
I am really noob in Gamerz world. I am the owner of my poor PC, that's not atall at per with todays game's requirement but still want to play some game :rolleyes: can anyone please help me with a list of game that can be played with my PC. I have already tried systemrequirementslab and yougamers site but unfortunately most of the game ask for higher configuration. That's why I am asking my question here to all experienced gamer.... please help me out.
Thanks in advance

------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
DAC type: Internal
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Monitor: Samsung SAMTRON 45B(T)
Current Mode: 800 x 600 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Max Res: 1024,768

hahahari

In the zone
go for max payne COD [the oldest in COD series] Half life 1 and 2 [2 maynot give a very sooth experience......

Sreeejith

Nee po mona dinesha!
Age of empires II, Age of Empires III, Cricket 2002, Hidden and Dangerous(a free fps and a very good one)

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Cricket 2007
Age of Empires : Rise of Rome
Age of Empires II : The Age of Kings
Age of Empires II : The Conqueror's Expansion
Age of Empires III
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Call of Duty 1
NFS Hot Pursuit 2
NFS Most Wanted (may work slow with ur PC)

and please dont give shotforms of games that is : cod, how will a new gamer understand that cod refers to call of duty ?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
there is a sticky thread !!!

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8996

why not posting there ??

thread reported !!!!

OP
A

Arijit2006

Thanks hahahari, Sreeejith and Harry Potter
I have got Hitman 2 and POP:Warrior Within, both are working fine :)

@ Choto Cheeta
Sorry, I overlooked

faraaz

Evil Genius
If Warrior Within is working fine, I recommend you try out Neverwinter Nights! Awesome game, if you like a meaningful game which requires you to think instead of twitch fests! Also recommended are Commandos (the whole series) but especially Commandos 2 Men of Courage and also don't forget Need for Speed series (upto Porsche Unleashed will run super fine on your comp...dunno about 6 onwards...)

faraaz

Evil Genius
@j1n M@tt: Did you even read the guy's post? He has integrated graphics..not even a discrete graphics card...how exactly is he going to play HL2 Ep. 2?? Why not suggest Crysis while you're at it...:rolleyes:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@faraaz
HL2 engine is highly scalable. It can even be played on a geforce 2 card. It runs on even Dx 8 cards. I have senn HL2 Episode 1 on my friend's system with MX 440 card nd he was playing at 1024*768 med.

read its min req
Half-Life 2: Episode Two Minimum System Requirements
CPU: 1.2 GHz Processor
RAM: 256 MB
Graphics Card: DirectX 7 capable graphics card
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection
CD or DVD rom drive
from
*www.freakygaming.com/pc/action/half-life_2:_episode_two/system_requirements.html

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@farraz

hey dude, read wat aravind_n20 said. I even tried it on my old D915GVWB(GMA 900)......^^I read dat post really well....!!?? And I won't suggest Crysis....but I'll for a guy with GeForce 6200TC. Mind my words it will work......:rolleyes:

we guys , aravind_n20 and I are from Z-W@rr1or$ clan (Hardcore Gamerz 'n' Hardware Geeks)...we say anything only after serious benchmarking.

Last edited:

faraaz

Evil Genius
And also that a game like HL2 Ep. 2 is going to run like **** no matter how scalable the engine is. It will end up looking like CS 1.4 or something d00d... :p

Oh well, if it runs it runs...whatever floats your boat. :)

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
yeah, wat adithyagenius said is right.....but not always,does better with new drivers. Its better than CS(@farraz).....but is somewhat crappy as u said :) .Onboard gamerz hav 2 live with it......

OP
A

Arijit2006

Thanks friends for all your support...
these next set of thanks goes to faraaz, j1n M@tt, cyberboy_kerala, codename_romeo, Rockstar11, aravind_n20 and adithyagenius

Currently I am trying my hands at Grand Theft Auto III, and Age of Empires II: Age of Kings

International Cricket Captain 2002 installed successfully, but when I start the game all I get is 'black screen' with sound, after a little research in google I found ICC 2002 has some compatibility issue with DirectX 9c :(

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
dude, you can also play Age of Empires III in your PC :)
tell me when u are online in age of empires , we can play multiplayer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom