Pls Help!! Very Jerky Half Life 2 Episode 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpoon

Journeyman
Hi ! I have a Compaq Presario V3000 laptop, which runs on a AMD Turion processor, 1.8 Ghz, & also powered by a N Vidia graphics card of 64 MB.I was able to smoothly play Half Life 2 in the last 4 months with not even a single glitch.

However, yesterday after loading Episode 1, the game becomes very jarry whenever I try to play it. I have even tried to play the game by turning the room AC on so that it will cool the heat generated; but nothing has helped.

Also I have tried to play the game at the lowest settings possible but still something is wrong.

What could have happened, when I was able to play HL 2 so smoothly, but not this one???

Do I have to remove the HL2?

Please help guys, as it is really very irritating.

Guys!!! Need serious help with this issue.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Well HL2 is a 2004 game and HL2E1 is a 2006 game, so I guess HL2E1 has some graphical enhancements and is hence more resource intensive than HL2. Maybe you should run the game at a lower resolution disable AA and AF completely if not already and also disable reflection effects, Maybe that will help.

If you want it to run without jerks
disable all effects (shadows, anti aliasing, etc)
and run it in 640*480 resolution
It will look jagged and without eye candy
But its your best bet for smooth gameplay :)

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
As the two posts above me clearly state, HL2 Ep1 has better graphics than HL2. I also got a noticable framerate drop when I played Ep1 after HL2 on my old 6200TC. As a matter of fact, I had to lower the res to 800x600 to play Ep2 smoothly!!

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Yus, try to lower your res plus your desktop's resolution(You can revert back to a higher res. after playing the game :) ). Disable all eXtra eye-candy (AA.AF.etc) and set all the options to lowest. Then game happily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom