Not open for further replies.

imcool

Broken In
These days, all i have is an old omnibook 900. Config

-p3, 300 Mhz
-ram-128 mb,
-shared video memory
-other bad things

I am on win xp(please don't ask me to change, i can't), i've tried to optimise it but to very little avail, i am now in desperate need of really good speed tweaks.

Thanks in Advance

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:shock: :shock:

ur running XP on this ??? !!!!

Code:
Here's What You Need to Use Windows XP Professional
• PC with 300 megahertz or higher processor clock speed recommended; 233 MHz minimum required (single or dual processor system);* Intel Pentium/Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended

• 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended (64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features)

above system req. are frm microsoft site at *www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/upgrading/sysreqs.mspx

to make somewhat changes to the speed >>

:arrow: go to system properties nd go to "advanced" tab ,after that click on "performance settings" button ... nd then click on "adjust for best performance" ..

:arrow: disable system restore ... frm system restore tab in system properties ..

:arrow: go to display properties > settings > appearence > effects button > uncheck everything there ...

:arrow: dont use a background image ...

:arrow: go to run > msconfig > startup tab > uncheck everything there ...

:arrow: i hope ur NOT using norton on that configuration .....!! go for KAV..avast ...etc....

nd MOST important ... either u upgrade ur hardware or downgrade ur OS :twisted: :twisted:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Try to dl free tweakin utils like X-Setup, Optimizer XP, Tweak UI, Windows Registry Guide and visit AXCEL216's MAX Speeed WinDOwS ©Tricks + Secrets..

More info @ the site.

mario_pant

In the zone
turn off all the eyecandy.........
goto control panel>system>advanced>performance>settings>Visual Effect>optimize for best performance......
and there u go....
mannn..... i am in great doubt that u really have such an old "Baba Adam Zamaana" machine...... does it really work.... or even play prince1?

OP
I

imcool

Broken In
it works man, and well, it was the ultimate in 2000 and cost my dad Rs. 1,20,000. Within a uear he was fed up with it and gave it to me. I'm Running Xp Pro with the following software -

Windows Media Player 10
Picasa
Firefox and opera both
Bluetooth Service is always running along with shareaza

fragileninja

Broken In
imcool said:
These days, all i have is an old omnibook 900. Config

-p3, 300 Mhz
-ram-128 mb,
-shared video memory
-other bad things

I am on win xp(please don't ask me to change, i can't), i've tried to optimise it but to very little avail, i am now in desperate need of really good speed tweaks.

Thanks in Advance

I've been running Windows XP on a PII 266 MHz machine with 96 MB RAM for sum years now. I surf net on it and watch sum AVI clips too 8)

Here are my settings
- In performance tab in system properties choose "Adjust for best performance"

- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Delete everything here.

-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Delete everything here apart from the drivers

- If ur comp is not on high risk than disable the antivirus softwares to save memory. (I perform a sys check weekly but autoprotect in NAV is off)

- Disable all unused services in Registry. Type services.msc in Run. Check this out for help!!!
*www.tweakhound.com/xp/xptweaks/supertweaks6.htm

- Make sure that ur page file is on a separate partition. If not than do it!

- Preferably install all softwares to a separate partition to avoid fragmentation in ur Windows partition

- Defrag ur HD.

- Frequently clear History, Recent documents and Temporary Internet files. Also make sure that u've cleared "Local settings\Temp"

ATB

Biplav

In the zone
koolbluez wrote:Try to dl free tweakin utils like X-Setup, Optimizer XP, Tweak UI, Windows Registry Guide and visit AXCEL216's MAX Speeed WinDOwS ©Tricks + Secrets..

nice one koolbluez thanks!

sms_solver

In the zone
300MHz and 128 MB of RAM & 20GB+ HDD is enough to run Windows XP.

I'had once used XP even on 64MB machine. And it worked.

Charley

Just Do It
sms_solver said:
300MHz and 128 MB of RAM & 20GB+ HDD is enough to run Windows XP.

I'had once used XP even on 64MB machine. And it worked.

Only that it was slow to come on to the desktop.

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom