Please validate my PC Spec menu and advise.

applegrew

Broken In
I have a budget of Rs. 40-45k. Requirement is casual gaming and mostly random work - MS Excel, MS Work, Programming (compiling codes, running IDEs like Eclipse), Firefox, Chrome, etc.

However, the PC must be powerful enough that there is no requirement to upgrade this PC for next 5 years. The use will remain same but with time OS and all usual softwares incrementally hike their minimum requirements so much that after one point the PC becomes outdated. So, the below config could look too high end for basic usage.

Basically I need the best overall PC in 45k budget.

The specs I have come up with:-
* Intel 3.4 GHz LGA 1150 4670 i5 4th Generation Processor x1 - Using i5 since i7 is too costly and an overkill. i3 does not seem like will be enough for next 5 yrs.
* Corsair VS550 550 Watt PSU x1 - A good, smooth and adequent power is a must.* Intel DH87RL 4th Generation Motherboard x1 - Choose Intel motherboard to play safe.
* Asus DRW-24D3ST/BLK/G/AS DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive x1
* Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB PC RAM (CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10) x2 - To make it future proof added 16GB RAM. Anyway for some apps this will make a different even today.
* Corsair Cabinet Carbide Series SPEC-01 Red LED Mid-Tower Case x1 - Good quality cabinet is must which could be easily handled without tools.

You will notice there are no HDD because I already have one.

The above will cost almost Rs. 45000.

In the above config do you see any issues like some parts could be incompatible together? For the same price range can I make the specs a little better?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Please fill this up and post it here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I have a budget of Rs. 40-45k. Requirement is casual gaming and mostly random work - MS Excel, MS Work, Programming (compiling codes, running IDEs like Eclipse), Firefox, Chrome, etc.

However, the PC must be powerful enough that there is no requirement to upgrade this PC for next 5 years. The use will remain same but with time OS and all usual softwares incrementally hike their minimum requirements so much that after one point the PC becomes outdated. So, the below config could look too high end for basic usage.

Basically I need the best overall PC in 45k budget.

The specs I have come up with:-
* Intel 3.4 GHz LGA 1150 4670 i5 4th Generation Processor x1 - Using i5 since i7 is too costly and an overkill. i3 does not seem like will be enough for next 5 yrs.
* Corsair VS550 550 Watt PSU x1 - A good, smooth and adequent power is a must.* Intel DH87RL 4th Generation Motherboard x1 - Choose Intel motherboard to play safe.
* Asus DRW-24D3ST/BLK/G/AS DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive x1
* Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB PC RAM (CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10) x2 - To make it future proof added 16GB RAM. Anyway for some apps this will make a different even today.
* Corsair Cabinet Carbide Series SPEC-01 Red LED Mid-Tower Case x1 - Good quality cabinet is must which could be easily handled without tools.

You will notice there are no HDD because I already have one.

The above will cost almost Rs. 45000.

In the above config do you see any issues like some parts could be incompatible together? For the same price range can I make the specs a little better?

Intel i5 4570 -14000,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,
Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600Mhz -2600,
Antec VP450P -2600,
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW -1100,
WD Caviar Blue 500GB -3000,
Corsair Carbide SPEC 01 -3800,
Sapphire HD7770 1GB -8000,
Dell S2240L 22" IPS LED -8200,
Logitech MK200 -700.
TOTAL -49,500.

Top Bottom