Please Urgent Help needed...

ageless1003

Right off the assembly line
I have been a casual reader of digit since long buying digit mags and getting to know quite a lot everytime i go through it's pages.

So as soon as now i got into difficulty i thought of digit forums as the best place where i could think of getting right answers to my problems.

PROBLEM:

Just a few minutes back, i accidentally run 'Sysrep' command on my windows 7 64 bit and now my PC won't boot(i checked 'Generalize')...i am really freaking out right now as i am in middle of my work and this has happened....i really need to get my PC working again asap.Pleaseeee.....help me!!!

also i tried to boot it once again as i have the setup of my OS...but my PC when it starts just displays my mobo logo page and then just blank screen...No safe mode, No setup page(if i use my OS setup DVD)...i don't know how to get around this problem.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated......

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
No first hand idea of this problem...See if you can go into BIOS from the mobo screen....there would be an option to load all defaults or something like that...see if it works...

iinfi

mekalodu
accidentally run 'Sysrep' command on my windows 7 64 bit
how did u accidentally run it. what were u searching for and how did u land up here?

no use talking abt that though.... i have limited experience using sysprep ... i v used it in 2k3 boxes and that too only while imaging the system for the first time
as far as my knowledge takes me, sysprep deletes all the system restore points also.
a repair of the installation does not help either
the only solution in my opinion is to re-image the system

again as i said, i v limited exp in this ...i am not sure if there is a recovery mechanism in such cases.
sorry cud not be of much help
if you have critical data in it, try using a windows 7 disk and reparing the installation
or install windows 7 on another partition without formatting it (not sure whether windows 7 allows this).
or better still USE a live CD and boot the machine

wait for other answers or do a bit of googling with exactly what steps u did

OP
A

ageless1003

Right off the assembly line
@keviv219 - thanks for your concern, bro.tried that too...din work.
@iinfi - thank you so much.

Actually my wireless router was not working and when i tried to ping it, the message was coming 'Transmission failed.General Failure'...i googled it and came up onto the page where the person said that if after running the ping address this error came Sysrep could change the things.Actually he did it on server.My mistake was that without actually going into the details, what sysrep does i straightaway ran that thing from my Run dialoug box, after that my PC restarted...the problem started to appear.

Currently i am trying to reboot my system...but during rebooting the PC restarts(it is normal) but when once PC restarts the blank screen again comes up.Now i don't know what to do...running setup again....and checking out what happens.

yipeeee.....setup worked this time as i did complete formatting of my old partition before installing the new windows files.

Currently...on my way to install different drivers for my mobo and all.

thanks guys.
:))))

learned my lesson the hard way....Phew!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom