Please suggest me to rig pc under 16 k

Status
Not open for further replies.

eureca_eureca

In the zone
Need help to get a pc under 16 k for my office use , i would like to avoid using celerons and amds .

i am using e 2160,e 2140 already for my office purpose and they are quite efficient.

I am not aware of the new processors and mother boards that have been introduced into the market after that .

What i am looking for
17 " tft monitor
160 gb WD hdd (too much for my office :) )
mother board (prefer a brand which has got rma service in india :) )
1 gb ram
sata 2 dvd rw

I am not aware of the prices as of now please guide me with the price too

Please help me

acewin

Point Blanc
he is already on rampage these days, seems to have got quad-damage :D

all give RMA service in India only, that was a nice thought buying from here and getting RMAed in US hehe.
you can easily go for E5200 + G41 board, get one which has 4 DIMM slots 2GB DDR2 chips are available in 1K same and burners too in 1.1-1.2K from samsung/sony
HDD how much is your choce, whether 320GB(2.1-2.2K) or 160GB(1.8K)

monitor again your choice price difference is quiet low you get 6-7.3K 17"-20"

otpsurvive

Broken In
You’re aversion towards Celeron as a brand is understandable as it is a cut down, budget brand of Intel, but ignoring AMD altogether is not a wise thing to do. Intel’s top end procs may be extremely good but that doesn’t mean that the proc which you are going to buy with your kind of budget is going to be as good. It is like saying Maruti is good as their Swift model is extremely good but getting the Maruti 800 which isn’t as good. There are better models and brands available at that price point. Also, with your kind of limited budget, going for AMD will make the most sense as it gives the best value for money.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
how about this for 16k:

AMD Athlon II X2 250: 4.5k
Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2: 2.9k
Corsair 2Gb DDR2 800MHz: 2.2k
17" display: 6.5k
160gig HDD: maybe around 1.5k not sure
samsung dvd rw: 1k

am pretty sure that this will easily pawn pentium dual core config easily :)

OP
E

eureca_eureca

In the zone
he is already on rampage these days, seems to have got quad-damage :D

all give RMA service in India only, that was a nice thought buying from here and getting RMAed in US hehe.
you can easily go for E5200 + G41 board, get one which has 4 DIMM slots 2GB DDR2 chips are available in 1K same and burners too in 1.1-1.2K from samsung/sony
HDD how much is your choce, whether 320GB(2.1-2.2K) or 160GB(1.8K)

monitor again your choice price difference is quiet low you get 6-7.3K 17"-20"

You’re aversion towards Celeron as a brand is understandable as it is a cut down, budget brand of Intel, but ignoring AMD altogether is not a wise thing to do. Intel’s top end procs may be extremely good but that doesn’t mean that the proc which you are going to buy with your kind of budget is going to be as good. It is like saying Maruti is good as their Swift model is extremely good but getting the Maruti 800 which isn’t as good. There are better models and brands available at that price point. Also, with your kind of limited budget, going for AMD will make the most sense as it gives the best value for money.

Thanks acewin and otpsurvive , i am ignoring Amds cos i am not at all familiar with The supporting boards for amd processors secondly the vendors dont have enough of amd stock and they give good support for intel products, i my self dont know Y .

my abit mobo (home pc) was replaced after a delay of 1 month with another one with cmos checksum errors , now waiting patiently for a new one ....Phew i cant imagine that situation at my office at any cost ..

But thanks to wd hdd , rma is cool .

all i need is compatible parts ready for future , at least for 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom