Please Suggest me d best possible match around 34K

cool_kals9

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
34K +/- 2

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: No prefernce
b. Dislike: Acer, Lenovo, Toshiba

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Mainly Word processing, Net Surfing, Photo Editing, and Most IMPORTANTLY WATCHING HD VIDEOS. No Gaming. I have a habit to have open 4-5 apps simultaneously.

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
No Games. May Be sometime occassional games.

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Best Possible.

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Yes. I would like to see it personally regarding feel and look. Later i may order it from online store.

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
DOS would suffice.

OP
C

cool_kals9

Broken In
Sony Vaio VPCEH25EN (31.8k) + 2GB RAM (.7k) + 2 yrs extended warranty (2.5k) = Complete peace of mind @ 35k :)

For watching HD videos, 'without a Graphics card Laptop' will do?
and i somwwehre read and heard that graphics card is a must if really wanna see good HD videos.

And Please suggest in i5 processor. do i3 processor really suffice for photoshop works?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
and i somwwehre read and heard that graphics card is a must if really wanna see good HD videos.

And Please suggest in i5 processor. do i3 processor really suffice for photoshop works?

It has got 410M GPU which is slightly better than HD 3000, and its more than enough for HD vids. I myself watch HD vids on HD3000 hassle free.

Yeah, i5 will help definitely in photoshop.

This your best bet then Asus K53SV-SX520D, but its availability is scarce.

aroraanant

Explorer
I suggest you to get Asus X53 Series X53SC-SX536D rather than getting Asus K53SV-SX520D.
But I would like to tell you few things, that Asus K series is better than the other one.
And if you want a good display then Asus won't serve your purpose, so rather get this: Samsung NP300-E5Z-S07IN from letsbuy for 35k with some freebies.I has got a better display than Asus and also better battery back up.

vaibhav23

In the zone
Acer Aspire 5750G (Ci3) Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Acer Notebook
I think this one is the best bet at 34k
If you really want an i5 then
Toshiba Satellite C Series C640-X4012 Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Toshiba Notebook

OP
C

cool_kals9

Broken In
Will you guys tell me what is the best configuration for my purpose said in above list?

"Mainly Word processing, Net Surfing, Photo Editing, and Most IMPORTANTLY WATCHING HD VIDEOS. No Gaming. I have a habit to have open 4-5 apps simultaneously."

I am really confused. And i may be using it for another 3-4 years. So please suggest accordingly.

And if you want a good display then Asus won't serve your purpose,

What does it mean by good display. do you mean brightness contrast ration? Or display screen?

kbar1

Journeyman
Acer Aspire 5750G (Ci3) Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Acer Notebook
I think this one is the best bet at 34k
If you really want an i5 then
Toshiba Satellite C Series C640-X4012 Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Toshiba Notebook
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: No prefernce
b. Dislike: Acer, Lenovo, Toshiba

Intel HD is sufficient to play HD videos. You just need to use a player that supports GPU-based decoding; e.g. Media Player Classic - Home Cinema.

Dell has an Inspiron 15 with i5, but its 38k.

Samsung NP300-E5Z-S07IN and the Asus X53SC-SX536D are equally specced, but Samsung's claimed battery life is 6 hours. So +1 for that.

@OP, for your needs, a discrete GPU is not needed. Core i5 will help with your multitasking. So I think you should get either of the above.

mayoorite

Night Fury
Intel HD is sufficient to play HD videos. You just need to use a player that supports GPU-based decoding; e.g. Media Player Classic - Home Cinema.

Dell has an Inspiron 15 with i5, but its 38k.

Samsung NP300-E5Z-S07IN and the Asus X53SC-SX536D are equally specced, but Samsung's claimed battery life is 6 hours. So +1 for that.

@OP, for your needs, a discrete GPU is not needed. Core i5 will help with your multitasking. So I think you should get either of the above.

Go for asus one because asus are known for its reliability.For further reference
you could read MakeUseOf.com_-_Laptop_Guide_2011.pdf

OP
C

cool_kals9

Broken In
Thanks guys.. thanks a lot.
Following are the list which you suggested

1) Asus K53sv-sx520D

2) Asus x53sc-sx536D

3) Samsung NP300-E5Z-S07IN

4) Acer Aspire 5750G

I just wanna ask dat if any other models fit in this requirement including sony, hp and lenovo. or may be dell. i can loose haveing graphics card if inbuilt graphics is better one. becuz i dont play games, just HD Videos.
So what are your suggestion guys? in sony, lenovo, hp and dell.

Y no one suggested in Hp? are there really tough issues with Hp?

and i have in my mind one question, AMD A6 3400/3420 is comparable to what ? i3 or i5?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
GPU = Graphical processing unit, normally referred to a dedicated graphics card. Some times also written as dGPU.

APU = Accelerated processing unit. A single die on which CPU along with GPU has been fabricated to give best combination of performance/cost balance. Like- Llano, Trinity (yet to be launched)

GPU purpose - For gaming, 3D rendering apps and good visual quality (wherever required).
APU purpose - Its most suitable choice for any person who is short on budget and still requires good blend of performance/battery balance with most probably much less heating issues. Llano couldn't succeed (at least in India due to low market penetration), Trinity is eyed to become a game changer.

vaibhav23

In the zone
^Only one Llano laptop was available in India that was the Asus X53TA-SX096D(27k) and if you look at general tasks as well as in gaming it gives a 40k(i5 +GT540M) laptop a run for its money.I don't think that trinity would change the game as most people in India don't prefer AMD(known reason) and just run behind an overpriced i5.
Now hp has brought some llano laptops but they don't give a performance equal to that of the Asus model

OP
C

cool_kals9

Broken In
Which one Better ? Llano or i5??

X43TA-VX052D / Quad-Core A6 / 2 GB / 500 GB / DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

is this laptop worth buying..? as per my need.?

"and now which one better??

HP Pavilion G6 Series G6-1313AX Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

or

Asus X53SC-SX492D / Core i5 / 2 GB / 750 GB / Free DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook "

Top Bottom