Please suggest gaming pc config 25k

gamerbv

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer?
A:Gaming

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:Rs.25000

4. Planning to overclock?
A:Yes, in future

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Win7/ Ubuntu

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:500GB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: 32Inch LCD tv which supports only 720p. In future I may buy a monitor supporting 1080p.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:5

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Yes, 8 years back..

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: Within a month

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:Yes, to some extend.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse,

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Bangalore (not open to other places)

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:I want an AMD processor with 4 cores. I also wanted to know your views on using 32inch@720p LCD TV as gaming monitor. Will it look too bad? I read about people using 42+inch@1080p for gaming, so I feel this should be comparable to 32inch@720p. I don't want to limit graphics card choice to 720p resolution as in future I might buy a better monitor.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Athlon II x4 635|4000
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H|3400
RAM |G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL|2500
Graphic Card |Sapphire HD6850|9500
HDD |Seagate 500GB 7200.12/ WDC 500GB Blue|1700
PSU |Corsair CX400W|2500
Case |CM Elite 430|2500
| Total |26100

OP
G

gamerbv

Thanks Jaskanwar

I have made few changes to it. I would like to have a mother board with 1333Mhz support for RAM. Also I want UPS to fit in the budget. Please suggest a good UPS for the above configuration. I would like to downgrade the GPU so that budget can be met.

Component Make Price
Processor AMD Athlon II x4 635 4000
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H 4250??
RAM ??
Fraphic Card ??
HDD Seagate 500GB 7200.12/ WDC 500GB Blue 1700
PSU Corsair CX400W 2500
Case CM Elite 430 2500
UPS ??

saswat23

Human Spambot
OP,
go with Jaskanwar's config. The RAM he has suggested is 1333MHz.
If u reallyy want to get ups under ur budget then go for Radeon 5770 at 7.5k. Use the remaining 2k and get apc 600va ups for 1.7k.
The rest config is perfect.

OP
G

gamerbv

hmmm...my mistake..I read about the wrong motherboard model..

which component in the config mostly determine the PSU wattage? I was expecting something around 500watts psu for 6850 gpu. can somebody please explain what components determine higher wattage psu, with an example..

I am confused whether to go for the 6850 itself as i find the 5770 performance quite low :(

also nobody spoke on doing 720p gaming on a 32 inch tv..any inputs? I will not be connecting TV to the UPS. In what scenarios will I need a UPS with more power than 600VA..i am asking all these because I don't want to feel sorry later after buying up everything...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
which component in the config mostly determine the PSU wattage?

all components combined.

I was expecting something around 500watts psu for 6850 gpu. can somebody please explain what components determine higher wattage psu, with an example..

a 400W is enough provided its able to deliver the rated power.

a local 500W PSU: efficiency of 60-65% roughly. so you get around 300W out of it, while the PSU continues to consume 500W & heat up. so the result is: PSU overheat, no safety protection in PSU, PC not getting sufficient power. run some heavy game. GPU tries to extract the necessary power from the PSU & the PSU dies on spot with a bang, causing damage to various parts of your PC. COST: 500-1000.

good branded 400W PSU: efficiency of 80-85%. will deliver 350W for every 400W it consumes. but it can deliver 400W+ but will take ~500W. so, even overload it, it'll run fine (but that doesn't mean you should try it). various kind of protection. even the PSU goes up the PC will be safe. COST: 2-4k.

OP
G

gamerbv

Thanks guys..now I understand the difference between branded and non-branded PSUs.

I will update you guys after buying the system. I have an old APC inverter lying at home with poor battery backup. It is a 600VA one. Do you guys think replacing the battery on them is the best thing to do?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
gamerbv said:
Do you guys think replacing the battery on them is the best thing to do?

It's best to buy a new UPS APC 600 VA @ 1.8 k. Will be good for atleast 3 years.

An old inverter may cause loads of problem. New battery, new wires,etc,etc,etc. So I have suggested a new one.

Top Bottom