Please suggest for a budget home PC

URPradhan

Journeyman
Friends

Thank you all for helping me for my first mid range PC buying, my experience was too good here.

Now I want your same support for another budget home PC for my niece. Note that the PC will be used in a rural area so the components has to be rough-n-tough which can work on extreme village/environments.

Also it should be an Intel based PC and the cost can be as low as possible :)

OP
U

URPradhan

Journeyman
Here you go :)

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Rhymes, movies, word, excel, browsing, printing (will be used by 10 year kid for educational purpose)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: max 20k, but less than this also preferable

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:500gb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:yes, 18" LED

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:none

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:with in 2-3 weks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:I can assemble it

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Where to buy is not a problem, most important is where ever it is cheap

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Want a budget hoke PC for a kid for educational purpose

Intel G2020 (3500)
Any cheap H61 motherboard (except MSI) (3000)
EVM 4 GB 1333 MHz (2300)
WD Blue 500 GB (3300)
Local cabinet with PSU (1200)
Logitech MK200 (750)
Dell E2014H (7000(

total: 21k

OP
U

URPradhan

Journeyman
Intel G2020 (3500)
Any cheap H61 motherboard (except MSI) (3000)
EVM 4 GB 1333 MHz (2300)
WD Blue 500 GB (3300)
Local cabinet with PSU (1200)
Logitech MK200 (750)
Dell E2014H (7000(

total: 21k

Thank you for the suggestion. But I surprise why the Intel pentium haswell processors (pentium g3220) are not available in India yet. When I contacted Intel India at their FB page they said we have already launched it. But we can not find them in ANY store !!! Any idea regarding this?

Core i3
4GB 1333MHz RAM
Intel DH61WW
WD blue 500gb

When providing a suggestion, be exact and avoid vague comments. Which i3? There are three generation chips available each having 3-4 models. If OP simply goes to buy that board and ends up getting a 4th gen i3, it will be not be compatible.

Thank you for the suggestion. But I surprise why the Intel pentium haswell processors (pentium g3220) are not available in India yet. When I contacted Intel India at their FB page they said we have already launched it. But we can not find them in ANY store !!! Any idea regarding this?

They are available at Amazon for ~7k.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
When providing a suggestion, be exact and avoid vague comments. Which i3? There are three generation chips available each having 3-4 models. If OP simply goes to buy that board and ends up getting a 4th gen i3, it will be not be compatible.

They are available at Amazon for ~7k.

O yeah sorry for that
That was corei3-2120

Top Bottom