Please suggest a Workstation PC for 3D Modelling and Game Designing below 50,000 INR ..

RageshAntony

In the zone
I am building a new Rig for 3D Modelling and Game Designing below 50,000 . Please suggest a config ..

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: 3D Modelling and Game Designing. Want to run softwares like Maya 2016+ , Unity , Unreal Engine 4+.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:45,000 is the budget .. Extended put 53,000

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No... Since it Risky

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 and Linux (Ubuntu based ).. Both 64bit editons

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans: 750 GB - 1 TB.. But I need a faster disk (higher R/W speeds) below 4,000 Rs.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. I need 1080p monitor with screen size above 21".

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:I want to buy all components .

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: In the 1st week of September .

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans:Yes. My old PC (Intel C2Q CPU,G41 MB,4GB DDR2,no gpu) was assembled by a local PC shop.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: I am moving from Tamil Nadu to Banglore on 29 augest .. So I am want to assemble the Rig at Bangalore . I ready to buy online if the parts are genuine and new .

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I already listed a rig.. Pls look in to it also

Cabinet = Antec X1-T
Ram = Corsair Vengance* 2*4GB
Hard Disk = Weston Digital 1 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive.
Power Supply = Corsair VP450P PSU.
Monitor = Dell S2240L 21.5 inch Monitor
Processor = Intel 3.1 GHz LGA 1150 i5 4440 4th Generation Processor.
Graphics Card = ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / 950 2GB Graphics Card.
Mother Board = Gigabyte B85M-D3H

When GTX 950 will be released .. ? How long I have to wait for it since it released in USA on Aug 20. ? What is the price of it. ?

a)suggest a Workstation keyboard and mouse (I dont want fancy gaming specific options in it).

b) suggest a CPU air cooler below 2000 and 120 mm cabinet fan below 1000 (for Antec X1-T)

c) I want the motherboard that must have
- pci x16 3.0
- one or above USB 3.0 port in the front panel connecter.
- space for non-stock cpu cooler(Air)
- the price must be low as possible because i dont want any additnal pci slots and 2 ram slots enough .

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 55k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Core i5 444011,500
CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO1,700
MotherboardGigabyte B85M-D3H5,500
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz3,200
Graphics CardZotac GTX960 2GB15,500
Power SupplyAntec VP500PC3,200
CabinetCorsair SPEC-013,500
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD3,500
MonitorDell S2240L 22" LED IPS8,400
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo800
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total56,400

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=318218]RageshAntony[/MENTION],

Overall, I like your new selection for PC build. For your information, if you are looking for a high end rig; you really need a good GPU for gaming or video editing and need to add the new SSD for high performance and RAM 16GB (8x2) for speed.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 750 GB - 1 TB.. But I need a faster disk (higher R/W speeds) below 4,000 Rs.

Example:

If I am looking for the high warranty and I don't have the budget problem, then the WD Black HDD is the best option for me. The WD Black drive is the use of high performance like gaming and video editing.

WD Black = Speed/high end use and extended warranty.

The following link describes the specifications for the WD Black HDD:

Support Answers

After you add the new component in the system then you really need a higher wattage PSU. The minimum requirement for gaming rig PSU is 600 or 650W.

Hope it helps.

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone

Overall, I like your new selection for PC build. For your information, if you are looking for a high end rig; you really need a good GPU for gaming or video editing and need to add the new SSD for high performance and RAM 16GB (8x2) for speed.

Example:

If I am looking for the high warranty and I don't have the budget problem, then the WD Black HDD is the best option for me. The WD Black drive is the use of high performance like gaming and video editing.

WD Black = Speed/high end use and extended warranty.

The following link describes the specifications for the WD Black HDD:

Support Answers

After you add the new component in the system then you really need a higher wattage PSU. The minimum requirement for gaming rig PSU is 600 or 650W.

Hope it helps.

Thank you for your answer . The Black models are very costly which I cant afford in this budget .. Can you explain the meaning of this colors that is the difference between Green , Blue , Black , Purple etc models

DK_WD

WD Official
Thank you for your answer . The Black models are very costly which I cant afford in this budget .. Can you explain the meaning of this colors that is the difference between Green , Blue , Black , Purple etc models

I am glad to help you out. For more information about WD internal HDD, I would like to add some word in it. We all are aware that each of WD HDD has different specification for use. The WD Blue is use of normal computing, daily use drives, solid performance and budget drive. WD Blue models are available from 250GB to 1TB. The WD Green has preferred for data storage, backup, save power and quiet environment. WD Green models are available from 500GB to 6TB. The WD Black is the use of high performance like gaming, video editing and etc. WD Black models are available from 500GB to 4TB. The WD Red designed for Enterprise use and recommended for RAID and NAS setup. The WD Red is design to just spin constantly for continual use/availability. WD Red models are available from 750GB to 6TB. The WD Purple drive highly recommended to use for surveillance purpose, but if you use as a normal drive, it will function like a normal hard drive too. It has inbuilt function to view videos in high-definition framework. WD Purple models are available from 1TB to 6TB.

The following colors describe the specifications for WD HDD:

WD Blue = Solid performance
Support Answers

WD Green = Energy saving, backups and storage use
Support Answers

WD Black = Speed/high end use, extended warranty
Support Answers

WD Red = Energy saving, 24x7 use, Extended warranty, Ideal for RAID
Support Answers

WD Purple: 24x7 use, Extended warranty, Security purpose
Support Answers

Hope this information helps :)

Last edited:
OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone

I am glad to help you out. For more information about WD internal HDD, I would like to add some word in it. We all are aware that each of WD HDD has different specification for use. The WD Blue is use of normal computing, daily use drives, solid performance and budget drive. WD Blue models are available from 250GB to 1TB. The WD Green has preferred for data storage, backup, save power and quiet environment. WD Green models are available from 500GB to 6TB. The WD Black is the use of high performance like gaming, video editing and etc. WD Black models are available from 500GB to 4TB. The WD Red designed for Enterprise use and recommended for RAID and NAS setup. The WD Red is design to just spin constantly for continual use/availability. WD Red models are available from 750GB to 6TB. The WD Purple drive highly recommended to use for surveillance purpose, but if you use as a normal drive, it will function like a normal hard drive too. It has inbuilt function to view videos in high-definition framework. WD Purple models are available from 1TB to 6TB.

The following colors describe the specifications for WD HDD:

WD Blue = Solid performance
Support Answers

WD Green = Energy saving, backups and storage use
Support Answers

WD Black = Speed/high end use, extended warranty
Support Answers

WD Red = Energy saving, 24x7 use, Extended warranty, Ideal for RAID
Support Answers

WD Purple: 24x7 use, Extended warranty, Security purpose
Support Answers

Hope this information helps :)

Thank you very much.. An Excellent answer .

dekaron

Broken In
For 3D stuff you need more threads, getting i7/Xeon would be better or the cheaper AMD fx 8xxx series will have to do

Top Bottom