Please suggest a linux distro for netbook [URGENT]

OP
flyingcow

flyingcow

Shibe
Which distro do you want to dual boot?
for, accessing folders, you have 'sudo' man.

I think i accidentally wiped ubuntu...so no dual boot now.

though crunchbang is smooth, youtube videos are still lagging...which was the main reason i switched from ubuntu. Can this be a software problem? I tried finding video drivers but couldnt find them, even if they were they were for windows.
I am thinking, i should put XP on the netbook, as it had a sticker saying best runs on xp or something which i removed lol

please help

dabster

In the zone
I think i accidentally wiped ubuntu...so no dual boot now.

though crunchbang is smooth, youtube videos are still lagging...which was the main reason i switched from ubuntu. Can this be a software problem? I tried finding video drivers but couldnt find them, even if they were they were for windows.
I am thinking, i should put XP on the netbook, as it had a sticker saying best runs on xp or something which i removed lol

please help

which netbook is this ? atleast atom or some e -series amd.
(Maybe i missed to read this very/old long thread if you had put that detail - but let know on chipset and RAM atleast)
on youtube being slower/choppier - post what plugin is installed in your browser.
Adobe version of flash seems to give very decent performance. (I have moved to linux back full time after 2 years and support now surprised me.)

for, accessing folders, you have 'sudo' man.

Just mount /dev/sdaX/home/<username> on this installation onto a dir.
<here sdaX is the partition which you used for default install - if created /home partition yourself mount that..>

Top Bottom