Not open for further replies.

RajU
Here it goes
C2D E6600
Intel DP965LT board
8800GTS 320/640*1
2GB 800Mhz dual channel 2*1
& etc. etc.

Is the mother board good for gaming performance at cheap price?

Is it a bad, good or better config.
Please give your opinion....

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Yup, the PC seems more than OK for mid range gamimg. Get a good PSU also.
There are many other factors for decent gaming other that there perfomance peripherals, like a good mouse, mousepad etc.

Get a Logitech G5 laser mouse for 3.5k and a steelpad for 1.5k. Or steelpads cloth pad for 600 bucks.
U can get it here:
www.therespawn.com
The Genius laser is also good.

Kniwor

Learner
786 said:
Here it goes
D2C E6600
Intel DP965LT board
8800GTS 320/640*1
2GB 800Mhz dual channel*1
& etc. etc.

Is the mother board good for gaming performance at cheap price?

Is it a bad, good or better config.
Please give your opinion....

Th intel board is fine but you can go with ASUS P5B Delux Wifi, that can do much more than that. It will let you overclock.

If u are certain that you will never ever be overclocking the system, wait till April 9, AMD is slicing it's processors prices so bad (It's a real pity to see those things slashed that bad actually), that even after the C2D dominance, the 6000+ with a motherboard combination will be equal to C2D E6600 but cheaper, because AMD platform motherboards are traditionally cheaper, and good performing (reason being AMD uses pins-in-processor socket design till date and sells sockets cheaper to manufacturers). But all this If u're not planning to overclock.

If u're planning to overclock, that motherboard is NO WAY a good choice, u really wanna get a DQ6 or P5B-Delux.

And what's the ram u planning one, dont get one wihout heat spreaders, do not get cheap stuff like transcend, get G.Skill/Corsair/OCZ or something of quality, atleast with heat spreaders. (I find G.Skill really good, they have good prices and really good quality ram)

Last edited:
OP

RajU
h_kunte said:
Whats that???? "Dual channel * 1" ??? :D

Sorry for that, it is 2GB Dual Channel 2*1 & C2D
Doesn't overclocking breaks the warrenty, & and what may be the price of G.Skill/Corsair/OCZ with heat spreaders

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
786 said:
Sorry for that, it is 2GB Dual Channel 2*1 & C2D
Doesn't overclocking breaks the warrenty, & and what may be the price of G.Skill/Corsair/OCZ with heat spreaders

Yes, OC'ing does void the warranty of certain components.

The ram should cost around 15k, but If available at all in india, you will have to source it from outside, that's how I'm getting mine.

OP

RajU
No way, I cann't buy ram costing so much, I can do only 8-10k, which is the best arround this range?

Kniwor

Learner
you ain't gonna get no 800Mhz ram for that much.
(maybe only transcend)

Last edited:

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Kniwor said:
you ain't gonna get no 800Mhz ram for that much.
(maybe only transcend)
Yeah! Maybe prices drop. I see international prices of 125$ for 2GB 800Mhz including good ones Corsair, G.skill, Kingston. I am thinking of ordering from US but 125$ price is after Rebate DAMN! :D

Kniwor

Learner
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
Yeah! Maybe prices drop. I see international prices of 125$ for 2GB 800Mhz including good ones Corsair, G.skill, Kingston. I am thinking of ordering from US but 125$ price is after Rebate DAMN! :D

yeaah, u're right the rebate thing is quite tricky.... it takes months.

Kniwor

Learner
786 said:
No way, I cann't buy ram costing so much, I can do only 8-10k, which is the best arround this range?

I don't mean to sound rude here, but you are buying a 6600 with some stupid Intel mobo, I would much rather get an E4300 with a good ram an motherboard friend. I don't understand the fascination of us Indians with processor, most people care only for the processor, it not just the processor that decides a performance, but the whole computer, please I beg of you, get a good ram and motherboard, and don't waste money on 6600, get a 6300/6400 and OC it man, one of my friends got a E6400 based procy the other day, it's a crap PC and does not do anything, he has some crappy chipset intel board with integrated graphics, and crapy 1Gb single stick single channel DDR 533 hynix ram, leave aside gaming, even day-to-day performace is not up to the standards of Core 2 Duo, processor names are marketing gimmicks of assemblers like Zenith/HCL whatever.... please rather make a balanced system, I can assure you that a

6400+Gigabyte DS3 + Good DDR800 Ram

will kick the ass of what you are about to get. If you dont agree to what I'm saying, please wat some time I'm getting a
E4400 + Gigabyte DS3 + OCZ Platinum Rev 2 PC6400

And I will knock off ur E6600 with my E4400 if u get what u're getting.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Kniwor said:
I don't mean to sound rude here, but you are buying a 6600 with some stupid Intel mobo, I would much rather get an E4300 with a good ram an motherboard friend. I don't understand the fascination of us Indians with processor, most people care only for the processor, it not just the processor that decides a performance, but the whole computer, please I beg of you, get a good ram and motherboard, and don't waste money on 6600, get a 6300/6400 and OC it man, one of my friends got a E6400 based procy the other day, it's a crap PC and does not do anything, he has some crappy chipset intel board with integrated graphics, and crapy 1Gb single stick single channel DDR 533 hynix ram, leave aside gaming, even day-to-day performace is not up to the standards of Core 2 Duo, processor names are marketing gimmicks of assemblers like Zenith/HCL whatever.... please rather make a balanced system, I can assure you that a

6400+Gigabyte DS3 + Good DDR800 Ram

will kick the ass of what you are about to get. If you dont agree to what I'm saying, please wat some time I'm getting a
E4400 + Gigabyte DS3 + OCZ Platinum Rev 2 PC6400

And I will knock off ur E6600 with my E4400 if u get what u're getting.

^^ Very true :) All i can add in the End. We all have a attraction towards bigger Processor but IMHO i think.....a PC should have ample RAM in order to boost its perfomance.

2GB of RAM gonna kick ass :D

OP

RajU
Ok Kniwor, you don't have to be so rude, I will try to have a good RAM-G.Skill/Corsair/OCZ/Kingston. But about the mobo, I don't want overclocking as it will viod the warrenty, I don't need onboard graphics, no SLi tecnology also, just want good performance with longevity & I thought that Intel DP965LT is a good choice, don't you agree with me....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom