Please recommend Android 2.3 phone in 20-30k

applegrew

Broken In
Hi all,

I plan to buy an Android phone in the price range of 20-30k. I am very much confused right now please help me.

My requirements:-
  • Should be running at least version 2.3.
  • Good enough hardware so that I can upgrade to Ice-cream Sandwich, when it is released.
  • Preferably not Samsung, I have personal bias against it, or at least not Galaxy S/S2. Two of my colleagues recently bought them and I don't want to follow the herd. ;)
  • Doesn't limit Android. For example, Motorola Droid is an absolute no-no, since it doesn't allow tethering.
  • Good looks.
  • I am not into gaming and will probably not run too many apps, since I don't want to drain my battery.

I know this a long list but still hoping for the best. :)

Last edited:
OP
A

applegrew

Broken In
HTC Sensation?

though remember it too have death grip like iphone 4.

By death grip you mean? Just checked out its review. Compared to Galaxy S2, Sensation seems to be over priced. Sensation has less vibrant display and its benchmark results are poorer compared to S2.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
sudden loss of signal or signal getting weaker when you hold it in some particular way.

but if you stick to stock ROM, sensation should get update before S2. but its your call. S2 vs Sensation. last option is LG Optimus 2X but it comes with Android 2.2, but cost 25k only.

aniket.cain

Padawan
Sincerely, in this price range, the Best ones are Galaxy S2, Optimus 2X, and Sensation. But if you are not too much into the dual cores, check the Xperia Arc too. Looks awesome, but is overpriced. Xperia Arc S will be coming soon with a 1.4 GHz proccy. You also have HTC Incredible S.

OP
A

applegrew

Broken In
Sincerely, in this price range, the Best ones are Galaxy S2, Optimus 2X, and Sensation. But if you are not too much into the dual cores, check the Xperia Arc too. Looks awesome, but is overpriced. Xperia Arc S will be coming soon with a 1.4 GHz proccy. You also have HTC Incredible S.

Yes Xperia Arc is awesome. It like the phone but its UI doesn't so good and from its demo the UI doesn't respond too smoothly.

Xperia Arc S looks good. Any idea when will it be released?

red dragon

Master troll
1.Sensation has horrible battery life and it is overpriced.

2.Optimus 2X comes with a very buggy ROM.

3.Galaxy S2 has the infamous yellow tint issue,music quality inferior to the original GS(for my ears,they were same..though I never liked the voodoo thing in the original)

4.Xperia Arc is a nice phone but it is way too overpriced atm.

If you do not care about warranty,take a look into Atrix..real VFM.

aniket.cain

Padawan
Well, there is no 'One phone to rule them all' right now, and there will never be. The one that is closest to being the ultimate smartphone is the Galaxy S2. But since you have already ruled it out, the remaining options are much more confusing. If you are ready to install custom mods, then LG Optimus 2X would be a very good choice. All others will look overpriced compared to it.

OP
A

applegrew

Broken In
Well, there is no 'One phone to rule them all' right now, and there will never be. The one that is closest to being the ultimate smartphone is the Galaxy S2. But since you have already ruled it out, the remaining options are much more confusing. If you are ready to install custom mods, then LG Optimus 2X would be a very good choice. All others will look overpriced compared to it.

I guess then I will have to wait. Any good phone being released in near future?

OP
A

applegrew

Broken In
This has become so confusing. I guess I will continue with my current phone till the air clears out. (If ever that happens.) :p

red dragon

Master troll
It is not confusing at all.If you want to buy it now and ready to spend around 28k..get s2
Below 25k-atrix or optimus 2x
Near 20k-galaxy s or the nexus s

Top Bottom