Please Recommend a PC under 40K-45k Budget

abhijith44

Broken In
Hi Friends,
I had a configured my PC exactly 6 years back as suggested here and happy to have come along this long (with minor upgrades) , And it is Time for a A NEW one...
Please suggest me a PC which fits my budget .. if some thing does not fit into
I can raise the budget upto +5k.

(I would prefer Intel , No specific reason but just I am happy , though love AMD , will go with Intel , I tried to figure out what has been trending ...
i7 vs I5 , ivy vs bridge .... seriously I got confused, I have been with out updates for really long , I trust you guys , will go with what ever you suggest)

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: I am a programmer and got loads of application development kit that I run with lots of MultiTasking , an impatient person who would want everything open and leave PC on for weeks...,
I use it for multipurpose, Adobe PS, Video editing softwares , and Games ( Not hard code gamer but would like to have a rig which would not disappoint me if I want to try games ) . And Definitely would want HD supported for Watching MOVIES coz I was on CRT till now, would like to have good GFX supported + a decent monitor 19''.
Note : I would definitely need really good rams, 8 gb dies out of on my Laptop for my apps and performance testing for my programming stuffs as I run many tools concurrently . will be happy with 16 GB :)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Initially thought as 40k , But I would stretch upto 5k+ or even more... I would not like to compromise on the performance and quality , if some thing is better available to a component which can add value to configuration... I will go with it.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Never done that. Not looking for it.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 , 8 ,, definitely Dual boot with my Linux (Ubuntu) ... and I plan to run Win xp under Virtual Pc or vmware (in win 7)..

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB+ (or even more if reliable, have heard it is not reliable to go with single big spaced disc rather adding up is more efficient)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes I plan to buy a monitor , have been on CRT 15'' , Recently Got ASUS K53SM 15.6 Laptop ,
after this I get irritated on my PC , and hence would like to have 20''+ sleek Monitor and I should be able to enjoy HD movies on it.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I got two 1 TB HD from old PC , cannot think of discarding the data or even re-organize it ,hence want to go for new , recommend a best one.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As you suggest .. I was going thru recent post by other users , a few places it was recommended to wait till June , Though I am planning now, I will be able to set up one by June. And Hence what ever you suggest, I nod.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes I have done it, Last time I built my own . But for a while (3 Years) away from the recent performing rigs, new cool cabinets cos of work , unable to keep myself updated with new trends , and hence would plan to go with an Assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I am put up at Mysore, Yes I am planning to buy locally , I know a vendor whom I can rely on , who can get me what ever I ask . Yes I am open to buy from online shops too.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: As said above I would raise my budget max upto 50K, My old PC's UPS burnt out, can you suggest if I can use one UPS for 2 PCs . My dad doesn't want this PC to be stale as he is comfortable using XP and some old apps which cannot run on latest OS. So would like to keep it running .

As I am building PC from scratch , recommend a Cabinet which keeps it cool all the time.

I am open to your suggestions and flexible to change config , all I want a config which gives quality and deliver performance . I was happy with my older config which came 6 years , Thanks for that .

Regards,
Abhijith

Last edited:
For your needs, an fx 8350 will be ideal.

FX 8350 (11500)
Asus M5A97 R2.0 (6100)
Corsair Value Select 1600 MHz 8 GB x2 (6800) or Corsair Vengance 1600 MHz 8 GB x2 (7600)
Seasonic S12II 520W (4300)
Sapphire HD7770 (8000)
NZXT Gamma (2500)
Dell S2240L (8500)
TVS Gold Mech. KB (1500)
Any logitech mouse (500)

total: 49700

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
AMD FX 8350
Asus M5A97 Evo R2
Gskill 8 GB x 2
WD 1 TB HDD
NZXT Gamma
Seasonic S12 520W
LOGITECH MK200
Dell S2240L
Sapphire HD 7770
Asus DVD ROM
Numeric 1 kVA UPS
Total 52k
OOPS , the above post didnt Appear in my Mobile ..... OP Both are Same Config , with UPS it Costs 52k

AMD FX 8350
Asus M5A97 Evo R2
Gskill 8 GB x 2
WD 1 TB HDD
NZXT Gamma
Seasonic S12 520W
LOGITECH MK200
Dell S2240L
Sapphire HD 7770
Asus DVD ROM
Numeric 1 kVA UPS
Total 52k
OOPS , the above post didnt Appear in my Mobile ..... OP Both are Same Config , with UPS it Costs 52k
He he... And OP doesn't need a HDD.

OP
abhijith44

abhijith44

Broken In
@ harshilsharma63 and @Sainatarajan , Thanks for the quick reply, but I would like to go for Intel and have specified in the post above. Would you pls recommend alternatives.

Edit :
If you all suggest its AMD , its fine, But its just with the experience with Intel I am satisfied with.

Last edited:
@ harshilsharma63 and @Sainatarajan , Thanks for the quick reply, but I would like to go for Intel and have specified in the post above. Would you pls recommend alternatives.
The cheapest Intel CPU which can beat FX 8350 in multitasking and all sorts of heavy tasks is the i7 3770k, which costs double the price of 8350. No i5 can beat FX 8350 in the tasks you've mentioned. And you yourself mentioned that there's no specific reason for sticking with Intel and that you trust us. We would have suggested you an i5 3550 is gaming waas the only need and no heavy tasks were to be performed.

The cheapest Intel CPU which can beat FX 8350 in multitasking and all sorts of heavy tasks is the i7 3770k, which costs double the price of 8350. No i5 can beat FX 8350 in the tasks you've mentioned. And you yourself mentioned that there's no specific reason for sticking with Intel and that you trust us. We would have suggested you an i5 3550 is gaming waas the only need and no heavy tasks were to be performed.

OP
abhijith44

abhijith44

Broken In
Thanks @harshilsharma63 , I will go with AMD.

NZXT Gamma, I will try to find this , have to request my dealer . I doubt if its at Mysore .

One more question . Do I need to bother about cooling stuff for this ?

and will the recommended UPS manage two pc ?

and also please let me know If I need to make sure of some thing while placing the order , If my dealer says no on some components , can I get those online ? if yes where .

Thanks @harshilsharma63 , I will go with AMD.

NZXT Gamma, I will try to find this , have to request my dealer . I doubt if its at Mysore .

One more question . Do I need to bother about cooling stuff for this ?

and will the recommended UPS manage two pc ?

and also please let me know If I need to make sure of some thing while placing the order , If my dealer says no on some components , can I get those online ? if yes where .
> You can buy everything from mdcomputers.in. IMO, they offer very good prices and now even offer COD. All the parts mentioned here are available at mdcomputers.in. But still, do check local shops first for pricing.

> For cooling, you must install 3-4 120 mm fans for air circulation. You may also install an aftermarket cpu cooler (Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo is available for 2200 is the best VFM) which will definitely help in running the rig for long sessions, which you already mentioned.

> Purchase from the place which offers the lowest price.

> if Corsair Vengance is not available, you may go for G.Skill RipjawsX. But what I've seen is that above 4 GB, vengeance is cheaper than ripjawsX. Don't go with 1333 Mhz rams, take 1600 MHz one.

OP
abhijith44

abhijith44

Broken In
Thanks for your inputs ..

Cool ,, I am fixing on the suggested config , will talk to my local vendor, and will arrange if I need to order few online from mdcomputers.in.
Will update once I am done . (I know it will take 2 weeks atleast from now to set up completely)

Hm.. Any update on my question on UPS ?

Wouldn't 600 VA be enough? There's no power hungry graphic card there.

Wouldn't 600 VA be enough? There's no power hungry graphic card there.

OP
abhijith44

abhijith44

Broken In
okay will go with 2 , 800VA then.

I was going thru the prices for each of the suggested config.

Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card at Flipkart : its 9k :( and mdcomputers 8k, 1k difference..

Sincerely I dont have any clue what I am about to ask : Will 1 GB suffice ? cos suggested MOB doesnt come with any inbuilt too right?
my asus laptop alone has 2gb NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M Graphics processor(DDR3) + it has onboard 1gb

Please suggest

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
But the HD 7770 will wipe the floor with the GT 630 ... The HD 7770 has GDDR5 Memory and will be lot faster than the GT 630s DDR3 Memory..... Since you are not a Hardcore Gamer the HD 7770 is enough , Try GTX 650 ti if you want . It costs ~ 9.5K

okay will go with 2 , 800VA then.

I was going thru the prices for each of the suggested config.

Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card at Flipkart : its 9k :( and mdcomputers 8k, 1k difference..

Sincerely I dont have any clue what I am about to ask : Will 1 GB suffice ? cos suggested MOB doesnt come with any inbuilt too right?
my asus laptop alone has 2gb NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M Graphics processor(DDR3) + it has onboard 1gb

Please suggest
1 Gb is fine. As Sainatrajan mentioned, you can get the GTX 650ti if possible.

dusu94

The Rock
yes they are referring to this gfx and select zotac brand as their price is little less i think.

*mdcomputers.in/index.php?route=product/product&filter=FRTFSDFFDFS=ZOTAC=84=CHOOSE%20YOUR%20BRAND&path=74_86&page=2&product_id=1883

OP
abhijith44

abhijith44

Broken In
yes they are referring to this gfx and select zotac brand as their price is little less i think.

ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD GTX 650 Ti 1GB DDR5
\

Thanks for the info, I have given my requirement to my dealer, in the mean team if any clarification will post it here.

Thanks to all for your time and valuable suggestions.

Regards,
Abhijith

dikart4

Broken In
AMD config is good go with it.

I think its better to purchase from sp road bangalore,trust me you can definitely save 1-1.5K compared to prices at Mysore.Check this Golchha Computers Build your PC - Golchha Computers also you can check at Aashirwad computers sp road Blore.

Just mail your config to them requesting the price quotation and compare it with what your dealer gives you.

git@golchhait.com,
aashirwadcomp@gmail.com

If you still want to buy at Mysore...you can consider MEGATRONICS near Prabha Talkies, Rahul Computers in KT street.(believe me they give lesser prices in Mysore).Bargain well at these shops comparing the product by product prices at SP road and I am sure you will get almost same prices as Blore.

NZXT cabinets are not available at Mysore imho so have Coolermaster alternative to NZXT Gamma.

Top Bottom