Please recomend a LCD TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
update: Me and my father visited "Home Town" in marathalli, we were totally blown away by KLV-32V400A, the picture quality and clarity was excellent and top notch in HD ready models, samsung was next. the guy quoted 45K for the model :( . we havent purchased it yet :(.

dpuk

teh 479
hey dude! I've been researching on LCD tv's since a very long time....
If you just need to replace your old CRT TV to watch your cable/DTH in the best quality then don't go for an LCD tv.....coz the resolution is so high that the image appears very very distorted, noisy and low quality....the first thing that your father would say after you plug in the the cable is "Waste of money son".
get a 35" CRT TV instead...it would cost you around 15-17k and you'll reap all the benefits of your usage, i.e., watching DTH/cable, watching movies via a dvd player with component signals(almost all dvd players and tvs have it) and the pc connection via S-Video......

LCDs are better than CRT tv's anyday....but given the input source....I assume that you're a downloader and have downloaded HD movies from internet.....and I also assume that there would be maximum 20-25 movies that you have in HD.....
and as you said you won't be going for a high def gaming console...LCD isn't for you bro....

the only benefit you get from LCD is widescreen and HIGH DEF....your DTH isn't broadcasted in widescreen(though some channels are) and definitely they don't have the HD resolutions.....

so my friend, don't kill your living room ambience.....get a big 35" CRT TV...

about the brands --
performance wise:
Sony(high end)
Samsung(in mid end, samsung and sony are equal)
LG

price wise :
LG
Samsung
Sony

so, as you can see SAMSUNG is the winner here....

the prices shown on the websites are way too high...if you want the maximum discount that the shop can offer then log on to COMPAREINDIA(dot)com
they don't sell the TVs but they tell you where to get it for the cheapest price...

and about the performance of SONY BRAVIA that you saw in the showroom recently...well boy, that was BLU RAY quality ...the world's best thing in video....that ends there! don't expect such miracles and breath taking scenes from the MKV files you have...and definitely forget the normal DVDs and DTH for that matter....

I have an xbox 360....that's why I am planning to go for an LCD tv in sometime if the budget allows me...the TV that i've finalised is samsung LN32A450...its a 32 incher from, the 4 series...bert value for money....

and about the difference between hd ready(720p) and full hd(1080p)....
the difference is so huge between the standard definition(480i) and the HD(720p) that almost 90% of the people are satisfied with HD READY only......and if you want to reap the benefits of 1080p...then you would have to buy an lcd tv of of above 50 inches....coz only then the potential of 1080p starts to unfold....

In my opinion....buy an LCD tv only and only and ****ing only if you plan to buy a HIGH DEF gaming console or a blu ray player and buy those original titles every month for rs. 2000-3000 each.... :D..

if you want a complete solution of your state right now...then all I can suggest is that

buy a 35" CRT for 17000
buy a 22" LCD monitor samsung for your HTPC for 13000
and but a samsung 5.1 home theater for 10000

so here you are, the king of home theater for rs. 40000!

if still have any doubts then there's a famous saying in the USA.....SHOOT YOUR TV

-Deepak

Last edited:

VexByte

Norms Buster
Very nice & exhaustive advise.

I'm having BIG TV at my home. I was planning to replace my 21" Sony CRT with a Bravia LCD. I don't watch any DVDs in my TV other than the DTH service.

So it better that I stick to CRT for the time being ?

dpuk

teh 479
yas bro...yes....
stick to CRT,,,LCD are for those who have the original DVD's in full resolution and hi def media....but you don't have any of this...you just want to watch DTH on it...

buy a 35" CRT or if it's not available then but a 29" CRT.....believe me, DTH looks awesome on CRT tv and you'll love it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom