Please List Basic C2D / Dual Core Overclocking Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
bigdaddy486 said:
i have a c2d e6300. how much can i overclock it?

:lol:

If you have Intel Based motherboard then u cant OC it a bit

also do u have any Dedicated Cooler for the Processors or useing Intel Stock Coolers ??

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
@choto

when i am oc ing my proccy as well as ram,does tht mean my gfx card is also oc ing??i m asking this coz my gfx card frquency is set to auto.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
BULLZI said:
@choto

when i am oc ing my proccy as well as ram,does tht mean my gfx card is also oc ing??i m asking this coz my gfx card frquency is set to auto.
Well i have no option for gfx card frequency on my mobo bios.But when u are overclocking the FSB then with processor the whole mobo's components also get overclocked that means the pci-express frequency also should increase if i am right.

@choto can u tell me how i'll have to mount the 120mm fan on thermalright ultra 120 extreme.Where will i get the pins from,will i have to get them manually??

*img403.imageshack.us/img403/9551/ultra120installedjd2.jpg

Last edited:

RajU
Ok, there are some more information I would like to share with the OCers
Disable spread spectrum for stability issue, never enable it
Disable C1E & SpeedStep, when OCing done and passed the stability test you can turn these both options on

^^there is a question in my mind, how about making custom pins?

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Well, to mount fans on TR120 extreme, there are clips and anti-vibration pads provided in the package but its there for only one fan. To install a second fan you'll have to buy the clips from somewhere or try making same as the clips provided.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
yesterday i oc my cpu further,at 3.2 ghz.then had orthos stress testing going on for 12 hrs.temps didnt cross 66 C.its a little weired for me to find out that temps are almost stable between 2.9-3.2 ghz(only 2 C temp difference max).
i think ambient temps has a role in this as my room hasnt got an AC.
@harvik
i do hv options to change my pci-e gfx card frequency in the bios.bt i kept it to auto while oc.gfx temps hasnt gone past 55 C so i guess if pci-e frequency has,indeed,increased with fsb,i am in the safe zone(got to 55 C while playing stalker at 1024*768 with everything max).

can anyone suggest softwares to check everything about ram and gfx card?

@deathvirus

all my cabby fans cannot be oriented in the opposite direction.so ny other suggestions abt the airflow?

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
BULLZI said:
yesterday i oc my cpu further,at 3.2 ghz.then had orthos stress testing going on for 12 hrs.temps didnt cross 66 C.its a little weired for me to find out that temps are almost stable between 2.9-3.2 ghz(only 2 C temp difference max).
i think ambient temps has a role in this as my room hasnt got an AC.
@harvik
i do hv options to change my pci-e gfx card frequency in the bios.bt i kept it to auto while oc.gfx temps hasnt gone past 55 C so i guess if pci-e frequency has,indeed,increased with fsb,i am in the safe zone(got to 55 C while playing stalker at 1024*768 with everything max).

can anyone suggest softwares to check everything about ram and gfx card?

@deathvirus

all my cabby fans cannot be oriented in the opposite direction.so ny other suggestions abt the airflow?
U can use rivatuner software for ur graphics card.

B

bigdaddy486

Choto Cheeta said:

If you have Intel Based motherboard then u cant OC it a bit

But there is no option in my BIOS to overclock:(:(:(:(:(

So, i can't overclock when all my friends are doing:(:(:(

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
bigdaddy486 said:
But there is no option in my BIOS to overclock:(:(:(:(:(

So, i can't overclock when all my friends are doing:(:(:(

I already said, if you have a Intel board then u cant OverClock as intel boards apart from 975xbx comes with Locked BIOS so no change on OC Settings are allowed so tell us what is ur motherboard model ??

B

bigdaddy486

Intel DG965WH.........................................

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
bigdaddy486 said:
Intel DG965WH.........................................

*media.nasaexplores.com/lessons/02-033/images/crash_sm.jpg

Opppsss...

Sorry to say your dream of OC came to a Crashing halt... Intel 965WH doesnt come with advance option in BIOS for OC...

:(

Last edited:
B

bigdaddy486

Thats what i say..........
beliving intel will find a bios with advanced options...........

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Choto Cheeta said:
why ?? as I have not done some any thing like that !!!
I can't pm u.Its important info about a game release.

I still can't send the pm.Is ur inbox full??

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Choto Sir I readjusted my cabinet from horizontal mode to tower/vertical mode and these are the temps i got
1. At idle
*img216.imageshack.us/img216/9382/idlezk6.jpg
2. After 24 minutes of running orthos
*img530.imageshack.us/img530/1899/torturelb6.jpg

My Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme is on its way.I achieved these temps with stock cooler at 3.001 GHz

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I also opened the cabinet.
My CPU fan at first throttled to full speed even at idle(2600RPM) but now it runs 1800RPM idle and 2000RPM on load with orthos.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

Hey Disable the Fan control when u are OCing :p no need for a FAN Control to run :p run the FAN at High speed all the time... Procy FAN I ment !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom