<<please help>>

curioustechy

Journeyman
My system was working all right till i installed a win8 theme... now my windows explorer has stopped functioning. when i open a windows explorer, [say 'My Computer'], a window comes with the title bar(sans any title) and address bar(sans any address) only and the mouse pointer blinks as if in busy mode and nothing else appears... i tried to change my windows theme... alas! i couldn't access since that too has to manifest in a windows explorer.. i tried system restore but in vain... what else can be done to restore my system...plz help :-(

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Please avoid thread titles like <<<please help>>>>
They do no good. and dont attract much help. Read the Forum Rules

Check your taskmanager for processes consuming too much procesing power. Post a screenshot if possible,
also it seems you are virus infected. do a scan using a online AV - HouseCall - Free Online Virus Scan - Trend Micro USA

Lol, you used a theme pack and most probably it ruined some system files.

One of these might solve the problem:

1)Do a system restore
2)Install the theme again and uninstall it
3)Format windows (if nothing else works).

clmlbx

Technomancer
Post a screen shot of your task manager..or give log of "hijack this"

You might also try booting to safe mode and then uninstall that theme. If this does not work

Try Repairing the Windows thru windows Cd/DVD (Which OS are you using)

OP
curioustechy

curioustechy

Journeyman

Check your taskmanager for processes consuming too much procesing power. Post a screenshot if possible,
also it seems you are virus infected. do a scan using a online AV - HouseCall - Free Online Virus Scan - Trend Micro USA

sorry sir, u r right.. in future i'll take care... i was in hurry n worry

Lol, you used a theme pack and most probably it ruined some system files.

One of these might solve the problem:

1)Do a system restore
2)Install the theme again and uninstall it
3)Format windows (if nothing else works).

i did a system restore and it didnt work..also i deleted the theme from windows/resources/themes (i accessed the location through task manager - new task)
formating windows is the end of the story..i would like to know something better

OP
curioustechy

curioustechy

Journeyman

I'm using microsoft security essentials and am uptodate

my taskmanager screenshots are attached

OP
curioustechy

curioustechy

Journeyman
Post a screen shot of your task manager..or give log of "hijack this"

You might also try booting to safe mode and then uninstall that theme. If this does not work

Try Repairing the Windows thru windows Cd/DVD (Which OS are you using)

i didnt get 'hijack this'
i did try safe mode uninstallation
im not having win disc (im using win7 ultimate 32bit)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Looks like Speedup My PC software is bloating your CPU usage. Try disabling/uninstalling that. I am sure it will help :wink:
Even my PC was slow when I was using it. Tune up Utilities is LOT better :D
also close powersuite.exe

sygeek

Technomancer
Try this:
sfc /scannow
It may ask for your windows installation cd. The process will also take some time, so be patient.

This should probably fix your problem.

Just a few questions now. Did you try patching windows files before installing this theme? If so, which software did you use?

ugh, and please, fix your startup configuration.

Last edited:
OP
curioustechy

curioustechy

Journeyman
Try this:

It may ask for your windows installation cd. The process will also take some time, so be patient.

This should probably fix your problem.

Just a few questions now. Did you try patching windows files before installing this theme? If so, which software did you use?

ugh, and please, fix your startup configuration.

i did that... it did find some issues but told that it cant fix those issues... didnt ask for any windows disk.... by the way..i did patch three files using unversal theme patcher... i patched uxtheme.dll, themeui.dll & themeservice.dll... later on i replaced Shell32.dll, ExplorerFrame.dll
and OobeFldr.dll with that given with the mac-os leopord theme.... i tried to do that for explorer.exe also but it failed... the mac theme workded almost fine.... then after some time i installed a win 8 theme... i just copied the given files to windows\resources\theme... thats all... everything gone

sygeek

Technomancer
later on i replaced Shell32.dll, ExplorerFrame.dll
and OobeFldr.dll with that given with the mac-os leopord theme
.... i tried to do that for explorer.exe also but it failed... the mac theme workded almost fine.... then after some time i installed a win 8 theme... i just copied the given files to windows\resources\theme... thats all... everything gone
This is the problem, those files are not compatible with your system. Tell me your operating system, and the architecture it is using.

I'll compile the original files into a zip so you can replace with the corrupted ones.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Insert the Windows CD / DVD into drive and use sfc/scannow command. It will fix the damaged system files. Or use any 3 rd party tool which allow system restore.

clmlbx

Technomancer
He is using Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit . I don't have 32 bit Os so can't help.. Also OP let us know if you have installed SP or not.

sygeek

Technomancer
@OP: Download this and extract into "C:\Windows\System32". You may need full UAC permissions for this. After replacing, do a system restart.

Report back with the results.

OP
curioustechy

curioustechy

Journeyman
This is the problem, those files are not compatible with your system. Tell me your operating system, and the architecture it is using.

I'll compile the original files into a zip so you can replace with the corrupted ones.

i'm using win 7 ultimate 32 bit .plz do

He is using Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit . I don't have 32 bit Os so can't help.. Also OP let us know if you have installed SP or not.

yes SP.1

Looks like Speedup My PC software is bloating your CPU usage. Try disabling/uninstalling that. I am sure it will help :wink:
Even my PC was slow when I was using it. Tune up Utilities is LOT better :D
also close powersuite.exe

i'm not able to uninstall these sfwrs...i disabled it through task mgr..it didnt help

OP
curioustechy

curioustechy

Journeyman
@OP: Download this and extract into "C:\Windows\System32". You may need full UAC permissions for this. After replacing, do a system restart.

Report back with the results.

i replaced the files with those u provided... but in vain... no change... what else can i do

Did you try the AntiVirus scan as suggested? Also post a pic of the processes Tab of taskmanager :)

the antivirus u suggested could not be tried...i downloaded it and started installation, but it didnt finish even after 5 hrs... so i stopped that... i didnt get ur second question as i've already posted the screenshots of the processes in task mgr..

Top Bottom